Merry Draftmas! Draft Day Megathread

6 minutes ago, Burpo The Mad Clown said:

Never heard of the guy but doing quick research it looks like he's a freaking beast. Looks like a steal. Well, done, Veach. 

PFF had him #36 on their big board. We got him at 103? Definition of a steal.

I know nothing about this linebacker except the description of monstrous 250 pound run stuffer with measurables of a high level athlete .

if this kid can help in those 6 to 8 games a year where the other team runs straight up the middle for 6 yards a play and keeps mahomes on the sideline eating clock, this will be a great pick.

1 minute ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

I know nothing about this linebacker except the description of monstrous 250 pound run stuffer with measurables of a high level athlete .

if this kid can help in those 6 to 8 games a year where the other team runs straight up the middle for 6 yards a play and keeps mahomes on the sideline eating clock, this will be a great pick.

Our LB corps is gonna be sick.  Bolton and this kid... man o man

1 minute ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

I just watched his highlight video, was damn impressive. It almost looks like the kid can play d end as well. Any thoughts on that? Maybe micah parsons isn’t a terrible comp after all

Asked the same thing and Xen said he rushes a ton so thats very probable.  

3 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

I just watched his highlight video, was damn impressive. It almost looks like the kid can play d end as well. Any thoughts on that? Maybe micah parsons isn’t a terrible comp after all

I have wondered if maybe you could pack a few more pounds on him and convert him to end but I think he is perfect for how much Spags loves to blitz and I want to see how he can learn on coverage.  I think you may get the best of both worlds just leaving him at Sam.

1 hour ago, AFCWEST said:

My point was KC will not use a third on a RB in this draft. Thus no #1 after that is likely. RB is not even a need.

I agree they have bigger needs. I was just saying KC has had a couple of excellent RBs taken in rhe 3rd.

1 minute ago, xen said:

I have wondered if maybe you could pack a few more pounds on him and convert him to end but I think he is perfect for how much Spags loves to blitz and I want to see how he can learn on coverage.  I think you may get the best of both worlds just leaving him at Sam.

Sounds good. Tonight was a great draft night. They must have a couple veterans in mind to play d line because we are still rolling out there frank clark, nnadi, and dana for significant snaps which isn’t gonna cut it.

secondary and lb should be upgraded from last season significantly though 

9 minutes ago, xen said:

We do need that Sam that could play Mike if Bolton gets hurt.  Its great depth and rounds out a very young fast and nasty LB corp.   

5 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Sounds good. Tonight was a great draft night. They must have a couple veterans in mind to play d line because we are still rolling out there frank clark, nnadi, and dana for significant snaps which isn’t gonna cut it.

Sign Ingram and I think you're fine.  I really liked Kaindoh out of college last year.  I just felt liked he needed development but has starter potential if he can stay healthy.  Danna gives you good reps as well.  K and Clark I think are fine this year.  We'll have to hit end again next year.  

Our defense got significantly better so far.

6 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

I think we have a verbal agreement with Ingram.  There are some interior dlineman still on the board as well.   

I think you’ll see them switch things up slightly with scheme. I heard them talking about it on the radio a few weeks back. Expect some surprises. I think we are going to see a lot of rushing the qb from the LB position this year. 

1 minute ago, xen said:

Sign Ingram and I think you're fine.  I really liked Kaindoh out of college last year.  I just felt liked he needed development but has starter potential if he can stay healthy.  Danna gives you good reps as well.  K and Clark I think are fine this year.  We'll have to hit end again next year.  

We have 2 more reasonable picks and then 4 lottery picks in the 7th.   What would you like to see position wise with their 4th and 5th?

There are some quality DB still on the board.  Might make for BPA in the 4th.   Not sure there are many DE's left and we already have Kaindoh and Herring in the young developmental role.  Ridgeway could give us a dominant interior presence.  Austin which would be intriguing and give us a quality returner.  Ezukanma was brought in as well.  

I think I would like double dipping at CB and WR.

2 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

We have 2 more reasonable picks and then 4 lottery picks in the 7th.   What would you like to see position wise with their 4th and 5th?

There are some quality DB still on the board.  Might make for BPA in the 4th.   Not sure there are many DE's left and we already have Kaindoh and Herring in the young developmental role.  Ridgeway could give us a dominant interior presence.  Austin which would be intriguing and give us a quality returner.  Ezukanma was brought in as well.  

I think I would like double dipping at CB and WR.

Take a swing at a playmaker on offense. and take a swing at a pass rusher with a high ceiling.

15 minutes ago, xen said:

We may carry the cap space over to next year where we could get a DE in FA too.