Merry Draftmas! Draft Day Megathread

8 minutes ago, jetlord said:

There's a OT from Az. State that would seem to fit the bill.  Think his name is Dietch or something close to that. 

Diesch is tall and lean with short arms for an interior offensive lineman, let alone an offensive tackle, so defenders have some success getting into his frame and standing him up. That said, he has the quickness and balance to seal the edge and reach backside defensive tackles on zone runs. Diesch is smooth getting set, is capable of taking away the edge from speed rushers and mirrors well in pass protection. -- Steve Muench

4 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

Is there a DE with a high ceiling left?  Cupboard looks pretty bare.

They drafted one Thursday, kept Frank Clark and still have Kanidoh from the last draft.  I'd like to see what Danna can do in an important year 3, too.

Only so much they can do with a just ok edge class.

They could always bring back Ingram for another year to finish filling out the rotation.

2 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

They drafted one Thursday, kept Frank Clark and still have Kanidoh from the last draft.  I'd like to see what Danna can do in an important year 3, too.

Only so much they can do with a just ok edge class.

They could always bring back Ingram for another year to finish filling out the rotation.

Liquid sighting! How you been!?

Looks like a pretty good draft so far. In the past, we have had difficulty getting fashed in the run and getting off the field on third down. I think we have gotten faster on Defense, but at the same time more physical. Linebacker is now an absolute strength as well as secondary. We bring back Ingram and I think this team is absolutely set on Defense. Watch out for Chenal being an effective situational pass rusher as a Blitzer. 5-8 sacks. 

Skyy Moore is a player we did not have last year. He is a guy that will consistently beat man coverage and can play everywhere. He is a former running back, so he is dynamic after the catch. 

So far, this is the best draft Veach has made, stopping the draft today. He has 6 picks left. Looking forward to day 3. The rest of the AFC has to be worried. The Chiefs got significantly better so far in this draft.

It's weird how after all these decades yelling at the TV, knowing what the Chiefs need to improve yet watching them seemingly ignore glaring weaknesses, all of a sudden they are getting it done.

Last year, the O-Line was the weakness: Boom - fixed.

This year, weaknesses at DE, LB, WR, S and CB: Boom Boom Boom Boom Boom

Veach is playing no games. He knows what they need and drafts accordingly.

1 minute ago, Burpo The Mad Clown said:

It's weird how after all these decades yelling at the TV, knowing what the Chiefs need to improve yet watching them seemingly ignore glaring weaknesses, all of a sudden they are getting it done.

Last year, the O-Line was the weakness: Boom - fixed.

This year, weaknesses at DE, LB, WR, S and CB: Boom Boom Boom Boom Boom

Veach is playing no games. He knows what they need and drafts accordingly.

More than that he is getting amazing value with every pick

Why are there so many good corners left?

Zion McCollum, Damarri Mathis or Tariq Woolen would be fucking crazy value where we pick but I fully expect they'll go early.  Evans from Mizzou also fits the profile for an outside press corner for us.  Barnes from Baylor has speed to burn.  Joshua Williams also a really good corner.

And how the fuck is Coby Bryant still on the board?  

Dominique Robinson I find intriguing at edge.  Really athletic guy who flashed a lot.  Dropping due to consistency but considering he converted from receiver not that long ago it's understandable.  I think he's a better pro than college player if he keeps ascending.  Super athletic, long, got some bend and COD.  

download (2) (5).jpeg

13 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

all I know is the next dipshit  that says seriously that Veach should be fired will be banned permanently lol

oh yea we have a young visitor today so will have the TV on but not really watching. What # picks do the Chiefs have today?

Are you gonna have the young visitor run around with rabbit ears and aluminum foil to improve your reception?