Merry Draftmas! Draft Day Megathread

15 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

all I know is the next dipshit  that says seriously that Veach should be fired will be banned permanently

Veach has freakin' knocked it out of the park. NFL Network gave KC the only A+ day 2 grade. I can't find anything bad about the Chiefs draft except some say we nabbed Cook a little early. I'll take that 

19 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

all I know is the next dipshit  that says seriously that Veach should be fired will be banned permanently lol

oh yea we have a young visitor today so will have the TV on but not really watching. What # picks do the Chiefs have today?

I don't see them making all of those picks though.  Will probably use a couple of the 7s to move around.

Awesome draft and off season. Veach and Co nailing it. 

Kc got younger.

KC got control of the current Cap.

KC got flexibility for next years cap by drafting potential replacements for next years free agents.

KC Defense Got Way Better and Depth.

2 hours ago, Burpo The Mad Clown said:

It's weird how after all these decades yelling at the TV, knowing what the Chiefs need to improve yet watching them seemingly ignore glaring weaknesses, all of a sudden they are getting it done.

Last year, the O-Line was the weakness: Boom - fixed.

This year, weaknesses at DE, LB, WR, S and CB: Boom Boom Boom Boom Boom

Veach is playing no games. He knows what they need and drafts accordingly.

He's a hell of a GM.  He just plays a different kind of game.  He doesn't just study who the sports media and the players' metrics are said to be "best."  He looks at the players who have the best specific types of skills and body types and size for certain downs, guys that match the other players on his own team the best, their work habits and IQ and social skills, guys who match our particular set of coaches and their strategic ideas, and how their anticipated contract will match the tiiming of other players' contracts when they expire.  Basically, he is playing three dimensional chess. Even then, guys can be busts or ruined by injury. 

3 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I've read about him.  Is he still on the board?

Yes

Pre-Draft Analysis

Araiza lost the punting job in 2020 and responded by turning himself into the best punter in college football in 2021. He averaged 51.2 yards per punt -- setting an FBS single-season record -- and had 40 punts downed inside the 20-yard line, most in the FBS in 2021 according to ESPN Stats & Information. He made six tackles in 2021, too. Araiza also kicked off and served as the team's place-kicker the past three seasons. -- Steve Muench

6'1"200 lbsSan Diego State
1POS RK
155OVR RK
60GRADE

11 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Yes

Pre-Draft Analysis

Araiza lost the punting job in 2020 and responded by turning himself into the best punter in college football in 2021. He averaged 51.2 yards per punt -- setting an FBS single-season record -- and had 40 punts downed inside the 20-yard line, most in the FBS in 2021 according to ESPN Stats & Information. He made six tackles in 2021, too. Araiza also kicked off and served as the team's place-kicker the past three seasons. -- Steve Muench

6'1"200 lbsSan Diego State
1POS RK
155OVR RK
60GRADE

Thanks. Sounds like the kind of guy who works really hard to be the best.

ok, veach has done an excellent overall job so far. im not sure there are any WR's of note left, but the good news is there are a lot of talented prospects at RT, DE, and DT left. at DE maybe they don't have the burst and athleticism as the top guys, but there are a bunch that are simply big men with long arms. knocking down passes and setting the edge will be their speciality, which is incredible value in these mid/ late rounds.

snag a RT, DT, DE, RB, another flyer on a WR, and lets roll.

25 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Maybe KC should draft this punter? Looks really really special. Some say he can kick FGs too.

Matt Araiza

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/aztecs/story/2022-04-27/will-matt-araiza-change-calculus-in-nfl-draft

also a good point, our current punter is kinda asssss

4 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

also a good point, our current punter is kinda asssss

Did you watch that video? Its not that the current guy, Townsend,  is Ass. Its that this guy , Araiza, is really special. Townsend is good and will get better. This guy is an immediate game changer.

1 minute ago, AFCWEST said:

Did you watch that video? Its not that the current guy, Townsend,  is Ass its that this guy , Araiza, is really special. Townsend is good and will get better. This guy is an immediate game changer.

right, im saying townsend is just ok at best, townsend seems to have the untimely shanked punt a little too frequently

1 minute ago, AFCWEST said:

Did you watch that video? Its not that the current guy, Townsend,  is Ass. Its that this guy , Araiza, is really special. Townsend is good and will get better. This guy is an immediate game changer.

Agree completely.  I'm fine with Townsend.  But this Araiza....why not if he is available?  Could be the equivalent of changing from Alex Smith to Patrick Mahomes.

1 minute ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

right, im saying townsend is just ok at best, townsend seems to have the untimely shanked punt a little too frequently

Punters seldom get drafted. This guy is worth a pick and Kc is deep enough to use one. I doubt he lasts much longer. Maybe Kc gets him with #5. He kicks 70 plus yards on a regular basis. Who over gets this guy will control field position for years to come.

Can't believe you all are talking about drafting a fukking punter.  Mahomes doesn't allow punters to see the field enough to use a pick on one.  Townsend is fine.  

And I don't care if the dude can kick FGs.  We already have one of the best kickers in the league.  Who we got off of someone else's scrap heap, btw.

4 minutes ago, SEMO said:

Can't believe you all are talking about drafting a fukking punter.  Mahomes doesn't allow punters to see the field enough to use a pick on one.  Townsend is fine.  

And I don't care if the dude can kick FGs.  We already have one of the best kickers in the league.  Who we got off of someone else's scrap heap, btw.

You did not watch that video. Guy kicks from the end zone inside the other teams 20 on a regular basis. Its like a turn over.

So now KC can take even more chances deep in their own territory. More chances third and long because they know this guy will get them out of trouble. One kick per game can be the game changer. 

Not expected to be the FG guy but kickers get hurt in games. Nice to know you have a back up.

This guy will get drafted by someone and you will be eating your words. Watch the video.

10 minutes ago, SEMO said:

Maybe Veach could get Toub's opinion on that one.

50 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Maybe KC should draft this punter? Looks really really special. Some say he can kick FGs too.

Matt Araiza

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/aztecs/story/2022-04-27/will-matt-araiza-change-calculus-in-nfl-draft

lol his nickname is Punt God for a reason.  I would be fine with that.  Would help the defense.  May be there in the 7th though as he needs to work on his technique.  In college he just hit bombs a lot.