Merry Draftmas! Draft Day Megathread

19 minutes ago, xen said:

lol his nickname is Punt God for a reason.  I would be fine with that.  Would help the defense.  May be there in the 7th though as he needs to work on his technique.  In college he just hit bombs a lot.

I would get him to keep him from the competition. Sure would hate to see him in the AfC West for the next 10-15 years..

ESPN has him as the 53 BPA at this point. I think he goes round 5.

158 S
(16)
Dane Belton
Iowa
159 P
(1)
Matt Araiza
San Diego St.
160 LB
(15)
Aaron Hansford
Texas A&M

1 hour ago, Fmbl2187 said:

He's a hell of a GM.  He just plays a different kind of game.  He doesn't just study who the sports media and the players' metrics are said to be "best."  He looks at the players who have the best specific types of skills and body types and size for certain downs, guys that match the other players on his own team the best, their work habits and IQ and social skills, guys who match our particular set of coaches and their strategic ideas, and how their anticipated contract will match the tiiming of other players' contracts when they expire.  Basically, he is playing three dimensional chess. Even then, guys can be busts or ruined by injury. 

Maybe, just maybe, we finally have a GM who knows more than we do. 

44 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

snag a RT, DT, DE, RB, another flyer on a WR, and lets roll.

That's about exactly my order of priorities.  If Ingram comes back, the Chiefs can afford to go with the DEs in house and try to develop a late pick.

Question:  How does Moore, JuJu, MVS, and Hardman stack up against Hill, Hardman, Pringle, and Robinson?  If Moore and Mahomes can sync up early, I don't see that much of a drop off.  Then consider the cap space and draft picks.  Not such a bad deal for the Chiefs. 

Dudes that I like to finish out the draft:

Round 4-5 possibilites

Calvin Austin WR

Erik Ezukanma WR

Dominique Robinson EDGE

Coby Bryant CB

Zyon McCollum CB

Jalyn Armour-Davis CB

Matthew Butler DT

Vederian Lowe OT

Damarri Mathis S/CB

Round 6-7 flyers

Jaylon Watson CB

Jerreth Sterns WR

Kyle Phillips WR

Ty Chandler RB

Keontay Ingram RB

Braxton Jones OT

1 hour ago, AFCWEST said:

Araiza is unbelievable.Guy hit a 86 yard punt. Watch this amazing video profiling this guy. Its crazy. FYI...makes tackles too.. Loves hitting guys. Left Footed too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OafZBFXyg-M

this is the guy they showed on nfl network. i am sure someone will draft him in say the 5th or 6th. We have other uses for our picks by then. 7th rounder.... sure, if he is there.

1 minute ago, kkuenn said:

this is the guy they showed on nfl network. i am sure someone will draft him in say the 5th or 6th. We have other uses for our picks by then. 7th rounder.... sure, if he is there.

Dont disagree yet this guy is a weapon & nothing is certain this late in the draft. KC has filled most immediate needs. Maybe they can package a couple or three #7 and move up.

28 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

I would get him to keep him from the competition. Sure would hate to see him in the AfC West for the next 10-15 years..

ESPN has him as the 53 BPA at this point. I think he goes round 5.

158 S
(16)
Dane Belton
Iowa
159 P
(1)
Matt Araiza
San Diego St.
160 LB
(15)
Aaron Hansford
Texas A&M

I would definitely take Dane Bolton if there in the 7th. He is in the same mold as Armani Hooker was at Iowa.

3 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

Veach has drafted the needed positions now it's time to see if he drafted the right players. I have a good feeling. 

Xen and I have had this discussion before the draft, but I still contend that the Chiefs can come out of this with four starters if one considers the third LB, third CB, and third S, all of whom will get considerable playing time, as "starters".   Since all the draft picks are in need areas, that's a real possibility. 

Just now, jetlord said:

Xen and I have had this discussion before the draft, but I still contend that the Chiefs can come out of this with four starters if one considers the third LB, third CB, and third S, all of whom will get considerable playing time, as "starters".   Since all the draft picks are in need areas, that's a real possibility. 

well maybe 3rd this year, but all 3 will be depth and get a years experience in for the next year when they become starters as those they are competing with will be most likely gone ahead of them to FA. CB will be a starter. LB he will be a starter when they use 3 lb on the field. S will be after Thornhill leaves for sure, but I bet by mid to late season will take over the position.

1 hour ago, AFCWEST said:

Araiza is unbelievable.Guy hit a 86 yard punt. Watch this amazing video profiling this guy. Its crazy. FYI...makes tackles too.. Loves hitting guys. Left Footed too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OafZBFXyg-M

OK. I'm convinced.

I want this kid. 

13 minutes ago, jetlord said:

We got what should be SIGNIFICANT upgrades to Sorenson and Niemann, and they were on the field a hell of a lot in nickel and dime.

So when you factor in how much time we spend in sub packages...yeah they are essentially starters.

1 minute ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

We got what should be SIGNIFICANT upgrades to Sorenson and Niemann, and they were on the field a hell of a lot in nickel and dime.

So when you factor in how much time we spend in sub packages...yeah they are essentially starters.

At this point who do you think will be in the slot? 

2 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Hard to say. They have 3 corners who have done both inside and outside. And it looks like we have multiple safeties that can cover the slot too. So it should be really interesting watching different coverage looks we give teams.

Love this depth. 

1 minute ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Run defense should be significantly better as well. Chenal and Cook are both real thumpers. Sorenson and Niemann were both garbage in that phase as well.

I hope to never see or hear those two guys names again except when they are giving up big plays to KC.