Merry Draftmas! Draft Day Megathread

45 minutes ago, jetlord said:

That's about exactly my order of priorities.  If Ingram comes back, the Chiefs can afford to go with the DEs in house and try to develop a late pick.

Question:  How does Moore, JuJu, MVS, and Hardman stack up against Hill, Hardman, Pringle, and Robinson?  If Moore and Mahomes can sync up early, I don't see that much of a drop off.  Then consider the cap space and draft picks.  Not such a bad deal for the Chiefs. 

Yeah man thats the question. We have to hope moore can ball. Lots of his highlights were contested catches, which worries me when he was playing against lower tier college teams. But he did run a 4.4 40 and has mahomes and reid to work with.

juju, mvs, and year 4 hardman are certainly upgrades from pringle robinson and year 3 hardman

35 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Ravens have 6 fourth round picks. I see Ravens as the best AFC Roster at this point. They had so many injuries lasy year and still competed. They have had a fantastic draft so far.

And they just drafted a gigantic run mauling offensive tackle. Im not a huge lamar fan because he simply can’t throw, but I can’t deny he is a hell of a runner and the ravens are excellent at finding great run blocking o lineman and scheming a run game. If the ravens can pair a stud rb with lamar they will be tough

1 minute ago, gochiefsgo said:

Chiefs need more depth at oline, dline and TE. 
next pick is probably an OT. 

Tackles- Brown, Niang, Wylie, Christian, Johnson, and Prince

Guards- Thuney, Smith, Allegretti. Guys like Wylie and Prince can kick into guard

Center- Humphrey, Reiter, Williams

i don’t think O line is the issue you think.  Using an early pick isn’t necessary. Maybe a7th rounder can be had. But I would take a tackle and kick Wylie down inside or maybe start trying Prince at guard. I think he could be a really good fit there. 

7 minutes ago, gochiefsgo said:

Chiefs need more depth at oline, dline and TE. 
next pick is probably an OT. 

And I don’t get the talk of TE. 

Kelce.    
Gray.   
Fortson.   
Bell.   

Then developmental guys like

Bushman.  
Franks.   
Griffen-Stewart.  
Pedersen.  
Vital

2 hours ago, xen said:

lol his nickname is Punt God for a reason.  I would be fine with that.  Would help the defense.  May be there in the 7th though as he needs to work on his technique.  In college he just hit bombs a lot.

It’s been said the punt is the most important play of the game.

I’m all for an offensive player who can help the defense regularly. Field position is everything. 

Pre-Draft Analysis

Williams is a tall press corner who has long arms and turns to locate the ball when he's in phase. He's a little tight and gives up some separation at the top of routes, but he flashes the ability to recover. He has a wide catching radius and high-points the ball. He's lean and drops some passes, but he closes well and flashes above-average stopping power in run support and after the catch. -- Steve Muench

I am a fan of the 4th round pick.  However, I was hoping we could get Calvin Austin III … we were close.

Am I the only one worried that I am jinxing our draft in that I think it looks pretty decent?  Other than the 2008 draft I have always been skeptical of our draft results on draft day.

9 minutes ago, Palangi said:

And I don’t get the talk of TE. 

Kelce.    
Gray.   
Fortson.   
Bell.   

Then developmental guys like

Bushman.  
Franks.   
Griffen-Stewart.  
Pedersen.  
Vital

Not sold on Fortson. Can’t stay healthy not really a tight end in college.  Blake Bell is not an offensive weapon at Tight End. Gray is undersized and totally disappeared as an option after a couple of crucial drops. 
Chiefs need a guy that can run block and is a playmaker at TE. 
they have no backup to losing Kelce in place at this point imo 

1 minute ago, oldtimer said:

Grunny said that the Chiefs would pick a WR and Guard and the rest would be Defense..so far he's spot on.

I like this pick

So far he has been.  OG seems a bit redundant.   I guess they will be losing Allegretti and Wylie potentially.   Getting ahead of the curve I guess.  Any truth to the rumors that Smith will kick out to RT?   Seems far fetched.