Merry Draftmas! Draft Day Megathread

38 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Jesus christ man, description is run mauling right tackle, mountain of a man who struggles to get depth in pass protection. If thats not a brown description i dont know what is. Its neither a positive or negative comment its just a factual statement 

You are correct and other experts have made similar comparisons. 

35 minutes ago, xen said:

I don't really give a crap what we do in the 7th at this point.  Go get Punt God for all I care.

Initial reaction is this is by far Veach's best draft.  That's partly the result of having so many picks, but he absolutely knocked every pick out of the park.  

Yes I may have gone some different directions but every player was good to great value where they were picked, with most being in the great category (cook and Williams I'd consider good value).  

Veach has transformed this defense amd you can see the plan taking shape.  

Sure not every pick will likely pan out but it's hard for me to argue against taking any of these players.

If you don't love this draft class you have some personal issues you need to deal with that keep you from appreciating nice things.

FYI, Buffalo just drafted the Punt God

53 minutes ago, xen said:

I don't really give a crap what we do in the 7th at this point.  Go get Punt God for all I care.

Initial reaction is this is by far Veach's best draft.  That's partly the result of having so many picks, but he absolutely knocked every pick out of the park.  

Yes I may have gone some different directions but every player was good to great value where they were picked, with most being in the great category (cook and Williams I'd consider good value).  

Veach has transformed this defense amd you can see the plan taking shape.  

Sure not every pick will likely pan out but it's hard for me to argue against taking any of these players.

If you don't love this draft class you have some personal issues you need to deal with that keep you from appreciating nice things.

has the RB from MIZZOU gone yet? He'd be a good 7th rnd pick

well damnit!  just as I posted 

14 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

The AFC has so many talented teams. Its going to be wild. That guy is a game changer.

I don't remember either conference having so many top tier teams at one time as the AFC has now. And they're mostly  high flying, high scoring offensive juggernauts, making the defensive emphasis in this draft all the better.  

50 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

The AFC has so many talented teams. Its going to be wild. That guy is a game changer.

He would have to change his style for a lot of teams.  Most teams don't want a guy that outkicks his coverage.

1 minute ago, xen said:

He would have to change his style for a lot of teams.  Most teams don't want a guy that outkicks his coverage.

Well that appears correct as I think 2 other punters were picked before him. But you know 84 Yards is still 84 Yards. Inside the 20 is still inside the 20. So you receive the punt on the 5 yard line instead of the 25 and have 2o yards more to run. The extra 20 yards running also takes time. It also gives top speed punt team guys a chance to get down field too. Will be interesting to see how he does. Im sure the Bills are happy to have him.

8 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Well that appears correct as I think 2 other punters were picked before him. But you know 84 Yards is still 84 Yards. Inside the 20 is still inside the 20. So you receive the punt on the 5 yard line instead of the 25 and have 2o yards more to run. The extra 20 yards running also takes time. It also gives top speed punt team guys a chance to get down field too. Will be interesting to see how he does. Im sure the Bills are happy to have him.

Word is he added a second to his hangtime.  I personally think he has a chance to be an all time punter if he gets his technique together.  Dude will go tackle too.

7th round I hope w double up on WR and good interior DL

Isaiah Weston tall fast WR

Labryan Ray athletic DT can get after aQB good height and length

Jayden Peevy long athletic DT plays the run well but has good pass rush ability

Taylon Humphreys big physical DT. Big time run stuffer 

13 minutes ago, Palangi said:

7th round I hope w double up on WR and good interior DL

Isaiah Weston tall fast WR

Labryan Ray athletic DT can get after aQB good height and length

Jayden Peevy long athletic DT plays the run well but has good pass rush ability

Taylon Humphreys big physical DT. Big time run stuffer 

Does KC still have 4 in the 7th?