Merry Draftmas! Draft Day Megathread

5 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Of course. Still Im surprised KC picked him. Probably available after the draft.

maybe they thought that 4.3 time would get a bunch of after draft  attention. Probably be a good Practice Squad RB to practice against and a break glass incase of emergency guy.

Just now, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Wow another safety. Chiefs invested WAY less into the d line and WAY more into the secondary than i expected, they are having a philosophical shift on valuing secondary over line apparently  

Yeah, thought they would double dip at EDGE and/or WR.  The last few picks are head scratchers but maybe ST and certain role players were the reason. 

1 minute ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Wow another safety. Chiefs invested WAY less into the d line and WAY more into the secondary than i expected, they are having a philosophical shift on valuing secondary over line apparently  

This late its more likely BPA. Plus they get another list or practice squad signings so no reason to read anything into this.

Chiefs selected Marshall S Nazeeh Johnson with the No. 259 overall pick in the 2022 NFL Draft.  

Johnson in his final year at Marshall was fourth on the team with 59 tackles, led the team with two interceptions, and added two pass breakups, two fumble recoveries, and one forced fumble. He profiles as a special teamer in Kansas City.

NFL.com writer Nick Shook noted that the 5-foot-10, 199-pound’s Johnson’s 42.5 inch vertical leap was better than any mark recorded at the NFL Combine. (Johnson was not invited to the March 1-7 event held in Indianapolis.) He also noted that Johnson’s vertical was just a half inch off the leap of another Marshall standout — Randy Moss, one of the greatest wide receivers in NFL history.

Johnson has impressive speed (4.37 seconds for the 40-yard dash) and skills (302 tackles, seven interceptions and 20 pass breakups in five seasons, three-time All-Conference USA selection) but he wouldn’t be where he is now without an abundance of heart and work ethic.

https://www.winchesterstar.com/winchester_star/millbrook-grad-johnson-hoping-for-shot-at-nfl/article_4dbe44d8-2096-5833-8a23-d34ef7d9049a.html

15 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

We deported every one of Toubs guys so those guys might be ST only players.  Not sure just a guess.

20 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

maybe they thought that 4.3 time would get a bunch of after draft  attention. Probably be a good Practice Squad RB to practice against and a break glass incase of emergency guy.

I mocked Pacheco to us in almost every draft sim I did lol

There's something about that kid.  I caught onto him while watching Bo Melton.  He was a ton of fun to watch.  I didn't think we'd take him.  

Really physical kid who'll just slam into dudes and tries to punish tacklers.  Probably needs to learn when to dial it back a notch as he was full speed ahead all the time and would outrun his blockers.

His line sucked ass this year but kid plays fast all the time.  Dont know if he'll stick but really like this pick.   Really good in pass pro from what I saw as well.  I never saw him get beat

29 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Yeah, thought they would double dip at EDGE and/or WR.  The last few picks are head scratchers but maybe ST and certain role players were the reason. 

Are there any edge guys left in FA?

1 hour ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

That's an interesting thought. 

I had to check out of watching the rest of the draft to get some things done. Probs to you guys who stuck it out. 

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

Ingram and Clowney is all I remember.  The Chiefs have the cap space to sign one of them but Ingram would seem the most logical at this point.  They can bring in some UDFA WRs but the EDGE cupboard is pretty bare. 

Ingram, Clowney, Houston, and Hughes are still available (I believe).

We need to sign 2 more defensive linemen. Veach said shoring up the DL was a priority, but the only thing he has done so far is re-sign machine gun Clark & draft Karlaftis.  

Veach needs to add more to the defensive line.

19 minutes ago, Obi Won Mahome said:

Ingram, Clowney, Houston, and Hughes are still available (I believe).

We need to sign 2 more defensive linemen. Veach said shoring up the DL was a priority, but the only thing he has done so far is re-sign machine gun Clark & draft Karlaftis.  

Veach needs to add more to the defensive line.

It's possible that the Chiefs value Kaindoh more than we know.  Add Ingram and let Channel become a designated rusher on passing downs.  Knowing how Veach operates, there is a plan. 

Chiefswire has a updated list of UDFAs.  

47 minutes ago, jetlord said:

It's possible that the Chiefs value Kaindoh more than we know.  Add Ingram and let Channel become a designated rusher on passing downs.  Knowing how Veach operates, there is a plan. 

Chiefswire has a updated list of UDFAs.  

I bet willie gay gets some real chances at getting after the qb too. Elite speed off the edge 

1 hour ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

With all the draft picks in the secondary, and the justin reid signing, im not gonna be surprised if thornhill is traded during camp for a position of need

Nah I don’t think he goes anywhere this year. He still has the most experience in this Spags D in the secondary outside of Sneed and Fenton.  New full time Mike and a lot of young guys will insulate from that this year imo.  I do think they drafted for his potential replacement in 2023.   Our theee safety sets are going to be way better this year than in recent memory.

18 hours ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

You think they are planning kinnard at left guard and thuney at LT or RT ?

I doubt they have any specific plans for Kinnard at this point. The goal is likely to have him start somewhere but I don't think they'll be picky. Even if he turns into a solid backup for the entire interior line that will be a huge addition considering we are thin over there after this season.