• DB Trent McDuffie
    • DE George Karlaftis
    • WR Skyy Moore
    • S Bryan Cook
    • LB Leo Chanel
    • DB Joshua Williams
    • OL Darian Kinnard
    • Other

I give this draft a B+.. it has potential to be  better than that but like every year we always over hype draft picks. I would be surprised if Ross makes the team and very surprised if more than 2 draft picks start. I think several will see playing time besides ST but I think most are a year or 2 away. 

2 hours ago, arthur75 said:

I give this draft a B+.. it has potential to be  better than that but like every year we always over hype draft picks. I would be surprised if Ross makes the team and very surprised if more than 2 draft picks start. I think several will see playing time besides ST but I think most are a year or 2 away. 

McDuffie - starts

Karlaftis - starts

Moore - in the rotation

Cook - plays in the dime unless Thornhill is in the doghouse, then he would start

Chenal - starts in the base

Williams - highest pick that only plays ST unless someone gets injured this year

Kinnard - might start

Pochenko - kick returner possible special use RB

Ross - unknown, but could see some snaps if healthy and recovered

Rose - could take Neiman's role.

Yeah, it's hard not to be over-optimistic after a draft, but the Chiefs filled needs with solid picks.  I think they start at least three and the upside is much better than that. 

17 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

I think he has a great shot at making the roster.  Good size and good coverage ability for someone his size.  Not saying he is a locked down lb but the dude covered the slot at times at Iowa State.  He only misses this roster if he doesn’t play ST like you said, but I believe he knows that and will be a good ST player.   Kinda surprised he didn’t get drafted.  He was rated as a 4-5th rounder my a few pundits. 

I mean he was entirely draftable.  Big 12 defensive player of the year last year.  Also led the FBS in INT's by a LB.  Good player but not the best against the rush and lacks top end speed so the question is can he be as good in coverage as he was in college.  Can probably be a backup for 3 positions though and has decent short range speed with very good change of direction so he does have a good shot if he can put it together on ST.