Bryan Cook

23 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Chiefs seem to be constructing a strong, fast, intelligent, athletic, hungry, and aggressive team with a mean streak and the best QB in football.  I can live with that. The coaching staff and front office are pretty good, too.

It will be nice to have to score only 24 ppg instead of 34 ppg to win.😎

12 minutes ago, SEMO said:

It will be nice to have to score only 24 ppg instead of 34 ppg to win.😎

It's doubtful that the D will be fixed that quickly or completely.  But at the same time, the offense isn't going downhill that much.  JuJu, MVS, Hardman, Skyy, and Powell may be equal to Hill, Hardman, Pringle, and Robinson or close to it.  Lots of targets for Mahomes and a maturing line to protect him.  

2 hours ago, jetlord said:

It's doubtful that the D will be fixed that quickly or completely.  But at the same time, the offense isn't going downhill that much.  JuJu, MVS, Hardman, Skyy, and Powell may be equal to Hill, Hardman, Pringle, and Robinson or close to it.  Lots of targets for Mahomes and a maturing line to protect him.  

I was being sarcastic.  Hence the cool dude emoji.

I really love what they did. Very good draft to upgrade the run defense substantially. I think we are still pretty questionable against the pass, but McDuffie really helps. That is huge IMO. Karl looks like a stronger Hali to me. I will take that over a light in the britches pure speed guy. He looks like a 6-8 sack ceiling guy but good all around player that is still developing.

I also like very much upgrading Hardman. He is not getting resigned at the current WR rate. Not with those poor routes and the way he fumbles.  Big hands shifty WR compliments what we have in Juju and MVS.

Reid and Cook give you some versatility and hard hitters in the box. I like that a lot. Karl and Chenal will also be fun to watch against the run. 

Niang is not the answer so I like bringing in a T. Keep Niang as the swing if possible. 

I give it an A. For the second year in a row.

1 minute ago, Balto said:

Say a cook is Spags dime guy?

More big nickel where he likes that 3 safety look.  That's becoming a more popular defense when facing mobile QBs these days.  Spags was a bit ahead of the curve on that.

9 minutes ago, xen said:

More big nickel where he likes that 3 safety look.  That's becoming a more popular defense when facing mobile QBs these days.  Spags was a bit ahead of the curve on that.

That’s what I meant.  Should see a ton of snaps

14 hours ago, jetlord said:

I think more reliable WR options than Hill will really help Mahomes, too.   There seemed to be an awful lot of snaps in games last season, including the playoffs, where Mahomes was looking for Hill and ignoring wide-open guys, and then he ended up running out of time and forcing the ball, leading to interceptions. One of those plays may  have cost us a trip to the SB.  Mahomes has great vision and can process  his progressions quickly, but he stopped  using that all too often.  The abilities of three receivers who can get open will make Mahomes use his talents. So, you are right. Overall, I predict our passing attack will actual;ly be better.  There is no one like HIll, but it is still a team game.

21 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I think more reliable WR options than Hill will really help Mahomes, too.   There seemed to be an awful lot of snaps in games last season, including the playoffs, where Mahomes was looking for Hill and ignoring wide-open guys, and then he ended up running out of time and forcing the ball, leading to interceptions. One of those plays may  have cost us a trip to the SB.  Mahomes has great vision and can process  his progressions quickly, but he stopped  using that all too often.  The abilities of three receivers who can get open will make Mahomes use his talents. So, you are right. Overall, I predict our passing attack will actual;ly be better.  There is no one like HIll, but it is still a team game.

I agree 100%! The offense might just be better with Hill gone! Now all Reid has to do is utilize that big nasty oline and run the ball juuuust a little more.....😁

7 minutes ago, artsy said:

I agree 100%! The offense might just be better with Hill gone! Now all Reid has to do is utilize that big nasty oline and run the ball juuuust a little more.....😁

I don't think the offense will be better without Hill, but the drop off won't be all that much.  MIA overpaid and Veach benefited by getting McDuffie, Skyy, plus while saving $20 million per year.  And there's other draft picks that may pay off down the road.  The team is better because of the Hill deal.

10 minutes ago, artsy said:

You couldn't be more right.  We will always be a passing team, but on those RPO's, we have to keep them honest.  We need to run several more times per game and use it more to hold onto leads and use up clock.