Chiefs signed Clemson WR Justyn Ross.

As a true freshman, Ross (6'4/205) led Clemson in receiving yards while playing alongside Tee Higgins and Hunter Renfrow. In his early college career, he was an explosive downfield threat, delivering an elite 3.41 YPRR in his two seasons with Trevor Lawrence. Following the 2019 season, he dealt with a spinal injury that caused him to miss the entire 2020 season and put his football future in jeopardy. It was a tragic result for a player who at point projected as an early first-round pick. Ross was ultimately able to resume his career in 2021, but he played through a stress fracture in his foot, which curtailed his season. As a senior, he wasn't the field stretcher he had been previously, operating primarily as a slot receiver with a 10.9 aDOT and a far less efficient 2.06 YPRR. If he can recapture his early-career form, Ross projects as a Marvin Jones level deep threat. However, the NFL is clearly skeptical, allowing him to fall out of the draft and out of the first wave of UDFA signings. Still, Ross has flashed elite talent and lands in a perfect spot to maximize his chances of NFL success. 

1 hour ago, AFCWEST said:

Chiefs signed Clemson WR Justyn Ross.

As a true freshman, Ross (6'4/205) led Clemson in receiving yards while playing alongside Tee Higgins and Hunter Renfrow. In his early college career, he was an explosive downfield threat, delivering an elite 3.41 YPRR in his two seasons with Trevor Lawrence. Following the 2019 season, he dealt with a spinal injury that caused him to miss the entire 2020 season and put his football future in jeopardy. It was a tragic result for a player who at point projected as an early first-round pick. Ross was ultimately able to resume his career in 2021, but he played through a stress fracture in his foot, which curtailed his season. As a senior, he wasn't the field stretcher he had been previously, operating primarily as a slot receiver with a 10.9 aDOT and a far less efficient 2.06 YPRR. If he can recapture his early-career form, Ross projects as a Marvin Jones level deep threat. However, the NFL is clearly skeptical, allowing him to fall out of the draft and out of the first wave of UDFA signings. Still, Ross has flashed elite talent and lands in a perfect spot to maximize his chances of NFL success. 

I just read that.  Great low risk high reward signing.

So finally got a chance to actually look at the UDFAs we signed and besides Ross another name jumped out at me and that's Mike Rose, the LB out of Iowa State.  First of all, I can't believe this kid didn't get drafted.  He could have been taken any time on day 3.  

So he probably needs to get stronger and work on his run technique but he is a heady player with another crazy athletic profile.

Basically he's the anti Leo Chenal.  250 pounds but really good in coverage.  Agility scores were great and it shows on the field.

Can play Sam, Mike and be a big nickel backer.  

I am not sure why he flew under the radar so hard.  Experienced guys with his size and athletic profile are usually drafted.

20220504_065308.jpg

Screenshot_20220504-065601_Chrome.jpg

Check out how close to Leo Chenal he is at the top of this chart.

I think this kid has a legit shot at the roster if he can play up to his profile.

Chiefs Wire

Chiefs invite Frank Clark’s brother, Alabama State DT Christian Clark, to rookie minicamp

The Kansas City Chiefs will host their rookie minicamp this weekend from Saturday, May 7 through Monday, May 9.

A ton of different rookies, drafted and undrafted will be in attendance, including a family member of a current player on the team. As first reported by Draft HBCU’s Maliik Obee, the Chiefs have invited Alabama State DT Christian Clark to rookie minicamp. Clark is the younger brother of Chiefs DE Frank Clark.

Listed at 6-1 and 322 pounds, Christian is a run-stopping defensive tackle who was tough for SWAC offensive linemen to move. He was also tough for them to block in the passing game. In 2021 at ASU, the younger Clark played both spring and fall football. He earned First-Team All-SWAC honors for the second time during the spring, after recording 15 total tackles, 2.5 tackles for loss, a forced fumble and a pass batted in five games played.

During the fall, he recorded 40 total tackles, seven tackles for loss, 1.5 sacks, two blocked kicks and one pass batted in 11 games played.

Wanted to see what Clarks brother looked like.   Kinda reminded me of Mike Pennel a little bit.  A massive dude you arent moving on running downs.  The other guy he seemed to resemble is Vince Wilfork.  They have close to the same kinda frame down to the over hanging gut.   

2 hours ago, oldtimer said:
Chiefs Wire

Chiefs invite Frank Clark’s brother, Alabama State DT Christian Clark, to rookie minicamp

The Kansas City Chiefs will host their rookie minicamp this weekend from Saturday, May 7 through Monday, May 9.

A ton of different rookies, drafted and undrafted will be in attendance, including a family member of a current player on the team. As first reported by Draft HBCU’s Maliik Obee, the Chiefs have invited Alabama State DT Christian Clark to rookie minicamp. Clark is the younger brother of Chiefs DE Frank Clark.

Listed at 6-1 and 322 pounds, Christian is a run-stopping defensive tackle who was tough for SWAC offensive linemen to move. He was also tough for them to block in the passing game. In 2021 at ASU, the younger Clark played both spring and fall football. He earned First-Team All-SWAC honors for the second time during the spring, after recording 15 total tackles, 2.5 tackles for loss, a forced fumble and a pass batted in five games played.

During the fall, he recorded 40 total tackles, seven tackles for loss, 1.5 sacks, two blocked kicks and one pass batted in 11 games played.

Big Uzi and Mini Uzi

3 hours ago, xen said:

So finally got a chance to actually look at the UDFAs we signed and besides Ross another name jumped out at me and that's Mike Rose, the LB out of Iowa State.  First of all, I can't believe this kid didn't get drafted.  He could have been taken any time on day 3.  

So he probably needs to get stronger and work on his run technique but he is a heady player with another crazy athletic profile.

Basically he's the anti Leo Chenal.  250 pounds but really good in coverage.  Agility scores were great and it shows on the field.

I am not sure why he flew under the radar so hard.  Experienced guys with his size and athletic profile are usually drafted.

20220504_065308.jpg

I think this kid has a legit shot at the roster if he can play up to his profile.

At the minimum on the PS. Reid will have to promote him to keep from being poached.

3 hours ago, xen said:

20220504_065308.jpg

That is interesting him and leo are side by side on the chart, good find

4 hours ago, xen said:

20220504_065308.jpg

Rose is also pretty good at getting after the QB. I wonder if they could look at him putting on 10-15 lbs and moving to a rush end type? At 6’4” and 255-260 he would fit the Spags profile. He also has good length. 

Just now, Palangi said:

Rose is also pretty good at getting after the QB. I wonder if they could look at him putting on 10-15 lbs and moving to a rush end type? At 6’4” and 255-260 he would fit the Spags profile. He also has good length. 

If you're gonna go that route I believe Chenal gives you more as a pass rusher.  More likely they both play LB I guess.

4 hours ago, xen said:

20220504_065308.jpg

Neiman replacement?  Chiefs could use a cover LB. 

13 minutes ago, xen said:

If you're gonna go that route I believe Chenal gives you more as a pass rusher.  More likely they both play LB I guess.

Yeah probably. I just figured Rose has more length for that position

14 minutes ago, Palangi said:

Yeah probably. I just figured Rose has more length for that position

With these two bigger LBs any chance we see some variations of the 3-4 sprinkled in?   Probably not just curious y’all’s thoughts

4 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

With these two bigger LBs any chance we see some variations of the 3-4 sprinkled in?   Probably not just curious y’all’s thoughts

Definitely could s as a change up look. Would be interesting

1 hour ago, Lamardirts said:

Doubt it, but I think we might see much more 43 under fronts where the Sam is normally up on the line of scrimmage.  Spags has a history with that when he has a Sam that can rush the passer.