How many Rookies

Will start at some point during the season?

I’d say 4 maybe 5 which is amazing

Week 1:

Skyy, WR

Karlaftis, DE

McDuffie, DB

Mid season or play high percentage of snaps:

Chenal, LB-could see him taking over SAM by end of season

Cook, DB-could easily be Spags Dime guy

Injury or surprise ATM:

Kinnard, OL-Could take RT simply be injury default or is the next Smith?

Josh Williams, DB-really love this guy but seems to good to be true that he is week 1 starter over Fenton but more of a 2023 potential starter /shrug will be a major camp interest follow for me

So actually 7 impact starters if everything works out but I’d be super happy if 4 or 5 become actual starters…..7nreally isn’t out of the question!

Cant wait for camp lol

thoughts?

Not sure how many will start.  Could be more via injuries but by earning it I would say 3-5.  I think lots will play though.   Chenal, Karlaftis, and mcduffie week 1.   Moore maybe by the end of the season.  Cool possibly if we start our in dime.  Kinnard has a decent chance as well.  Possibly 6?

If you only list 22 starters, then probably two start week 1.  But if you count all the regular and rotational players, then five is a realistic number.  McDuffie and Chenal may be on the field for the first defensive snap.  Skyy and Cook will get snaps in game one.  Karlaftis may win a starting job but should certainly be in the initial rotation.  RT is up for grabs, but I don't see anyone other than Wylie or Niang in the first game barring injury.  

3 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

Kinnard needs to spend a lot of his rookie year with a nutritionist and Mitchell Schwartz as his personal trainer.

The future is very bright for him, but he needs to get down into the 330's and clean up the footwork.  Do that and you have a beast at RT.

He was 322 at the combine

2 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

Kinnard needs to spend a lot of his rookie year with a nutritionist and Mitchell Schwartz as his personal trainer.

The future is very bright for him, but he needs to get down into the 330's and clean up the footwork.  Do that and you have a beast at RT.

https://draftscout.com/dsprofile.php?PlayerId=1027601&DraftYear=2022

well good news he checked in at 328 at the combine.  So half the work is done. 
technique and footwork will begin next week at rookie mini camps. 

i believe Kinnard is looked at as the starting RT and will be given every opportunity. 

Just now, Palangi said:

Is amazing to me how people make comments with little knowledge of actuality. Her act like they know. 

LF is a good dude and knows his football.  Kinnard played heavier during the season and lots of guys skinny down during heavy training for the combine then revert back.  

I agree he needs to play lighter and work on his feet.  Quickest way to lose a rep is to not have your feet right. 

Andy Heck I think will get him sorted.  

Getting drafted in the 5th should be a great motivator for him to stay in better shape.  Dude seems like he has a chip on his shoulder.   Hopefully he is motivated.  The phone call with Veach and co was humorous because he seemed less enthused than the Chiefs were.  I’m sure he is just a more serious dude,  but hought that was funny when there seemed to be awkward pauses lol.

I hope he wins the job and dominates.   

3 hours ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

i hope to god its a lot. spags tends to play the aging veterans past their prime BUT veach has done and excellent job of removing them from the roster giving spags no choice but to play the young talented guys

Save those vets for the playoffs push. Keep them going with enough reps, but man keep the fresh for when it counts.

One of the networks also mentioned his weight loss and "a better diet".  I heard one of his interviews and the guy is playing with a 4x4 on his shoulder. 

Camp this year is going to be a WAR.....

Guys will be battling for every snap.

Fenton, Hardman, Liang,Thornhill, CEH....all have to step up.

w

5 minutes ago, West said:

One of the networks also mentioned his weight loss and "a better diet".  I heard one of his interviews and the guy is playing with a 4x4 on his shoulder. 

w

I wonder what round he was told he might go in to have such a chip on?

21 minutes ago, Balto said:

He said best case late 1st….worst case late 2nd.  Ouch

Wow if so he got some miserable advice but on the other hand soo many of the Chief's draft picks where "rated" higher. I wonder how?  I mean if a player goes higher that expected it's considered a reach  but the other happens it's considered value.

40 minutes ago, West said:

w

This would have been a good camp to attend up in River Falls.

19 hours ago, Palangi said:

https://draftscout.com/dsprofile.php?PlayerId=1027601&DraftYear=2022

well good news he checked in at 328 at the combine.  So half the work is done. 
technique and footwork will begin next week at rookie mini camps. 

i believe Kinnard is looked at as the starting RT and will be given every opportunity. 

You see him at RT, for some reason I thought he was more of an inside masher.

50 minutes ago, soonerborn77 said:

You see him at RT, for some reason I thought he was more of an inside masher.

Veach seems to think RT as well or at leas that what he told him. Grunny see's him as a guard as did some draft analyst..time will tell