How many Rookies

25 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Veach seems to think RT as well or at leas that what he told him. Grunny see's him as a guard as did some draft analyst..time will tell

He plays like a Guard..not like a RT. He doesn't seem to have the foot speed to play RT. He plays like a Trey Smith carbon copy..! I suppose if he losses weight, and work on his agility he can play RT??

7 minutes ago, artsy said:

He plays like a Guard..not like a RT. He doesn't seem to have the foot speed to play RT. He plays like a Trey Smith carbon copy..! I suppose if he losses weight, and work on his agility he can play RT??

He can play RT like Brown plays LT.  No one will get through him but might get around him so Mahoes will have to step up in the pocket and scramble differently.  Along with Smith, the Chiefs should have a road grader right side. 

1 minute ago, jetlord said:

He can play RT like Brown plays LT.  No one will get through him but might get around him so Mahoes will have to step up in the pocket and scramble differently.  Along with Smith, the Chiefs should have a road grader right side. 

Perhaps...he does look like a helluva road grader tho. I mean damn...IMO, Reid may have one of the best run blocking olines in the league. He absolutely HAS to run the ball more this year.

3 minutes ago, artsy said:

Perhaps...he does look like a helluva road grader tho. I mean damn...IMO, Reid may have one of the best run blocking olines in the league. He absolutely HAS to run the ball more this year.

TBH, I doubt Kinnard will be in the starting lineup unless he really flashes at camp.  By the time the staff has confidence in him over Wylie, Niang may be back.  Either way, the future of the O-line is bright. 

Just now, jetlord said:

Maybe because the other spots on the line are already taken.  Kinnard can play OT or OG and has experience at both.

I think he will succeed at RT. He was voted the top lineman in the SEC. 

6 hours ago, artsy said:

Well that Guard that played RT win the award for best lineman in the SEC while playing RIGHT TACKLE!

so…

23 minutes ago, Palangi said:

Well that Guard that played RT win the award for best lineman in the SEC while playing RIGHT TACKLE!

so…

yes sir he did...I'm guessing he'll start out as the swing Tackle/Guard till someone gets hurt...

12 hours ago, artsy said:

yes sir he did...I'm guessing he'll start out as the swing Tackle/Guard till someone gets hurt...

I don't think he can be the swing. RT should be his home. I would put Niang or Thuney out there if Brown went down before the rook. Just an opinion though. Not sure how they view him.

I'm starting to change my opinion on Kinnard starting day one.  Matt Derrick seems to think Niang is more seriously hurt that the Chiefs have let on and that it's between Wylie and Kinnard.  If (a big if) he can keep the weight off and gain some footwork skills this summer, Kinnard could win the opening day job.  Creed and Smith certainly did. 

19 minutes ago, jetlord said:

I'm starting to change my opinion on Kinnard starting day one.  Matt Derrick seems to think Niang is more seriously hurt that the Chiefs have let on and that it's between Wylie and Kinnard.  If (a big if) he can keep the weight off and gain some footwork skills this summer, Kinnard could win the opening day job.  Creed and Smith certainly did. 

Who knows.  I certainly thought it would take much longer to get Tre Smith up to speed in the passing game, yet here we are.

On 5/2/2022 at 7:38 AM, oldtimer said:

I guess that means no return for Shwartz and the Long experiment is poof in the wind. I hope he pans out like his sidekicks to his left have.

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2022/04/05/kyle-long-decide-retire-kc-chiefs-nfl-bears/

Long announced his re-retirement a couple weeks ago

Between Kinnard/Niang we should be fine, but Schwartz could always be an injury call away too...

12 minutes ago, WichitaZRide said:

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2022/04/05/kyle-long-decide-retire-kc-chiefs-nfl-bears/

Long announced his re-retirement a couple weeks ago

Between Kinnard/Niang we should be fine, but Schwartz could always be an injury call away too...

If his back is right and he stayed in shape, he is only 32. Will be 33 in June I think. I would not be opposed to that.