HB Signs With Saints

2 minutes ago, jetlord said:

No hate from me.  Like Clark, HB was a reason the Chiefs won a SB.  But like Clark, his value is less than he would cost.  I think his play was good, but in decline for whatever reason.  Age, unhappy with situation, or maybe hurting a bit?  If the Chiefs are to stay at or near the top, they have to renew and refresh.  More speed, more attitude, and players on the rise are critical.  Managing the cap is just as critical.  So bye bye Hill, Ward, and HB.  When it's time for Chris jones to move on, I won't hate him but will accept that teams that refuse to move on from their established vets at the proper time are doomed to decline.  

Ouch. Clark never sniffed an all pro season here or led is position in the league, but I am where you are. I don’t want to invest in old players. I just wish him the best and I am happy he came here. 

4 minutes ago, jetlord said:

No hate from me.  Like Clark, HB was a reason the Chiefs won a SB.  But like Clark, his value is less than he would cost.  I think his play was good, but in decline for whatever reason.  Age, unhappy with situation, or maybe hurting a bit?  If the Chiefs are to stay at or near the top, they have to renew and refresh.  More speed, more attitude, and players on the rise are critical.  Managing the cap is just as critical.  So bye bye Hill, Ward, and HB.  When it's time for Chris jones to move on, I won't hate him but will accept that teams that refuse to move on from their established vets at the proper time are doomed to decline.  

THAT^^^^^^

21 minutes ago, DieHard said:

Ouch. Clark never sniffed an all pro season here or led is position in the league, but I am where you are. I don’t want to invest in old players. I just wish him the best and I am happy he came here. 

True, but I'm convinced that the Chiefs wouldn't have won the SB without Clark's playoff success in 2019.  Flash in the pan?  Yes.  Worth it?  You decide. 

1 hour ago, DieHard said:

Except he wasn’t. One of the best DBs on the field last year. You are just used to seeing the only All Pro stand out. He made a lot more plays than Dan or Thornhill.

Imo snead, ward, and fenton were better, he was very similar to thornhill, and better than sorenson and mike hughes. If that qualifies as one of the best then i guess you’re right

6 hours ago, soonerborn77 said:

I'm glad he's going home, good for him.  I hope he got the $ he wanted.

At the same time, I'm glad we did what we did, we got younger with Reid and draft picks in the secondary and we can utilize that money saved moving forward.

HB 3 years 33 million 18 million guaranteed 

Reid 3 years 31.5 million 20 million guaranteed

1 minute ago, Palangi said:

I think that means it won’t count against the saints by picking him up now.  Should still count for us as a lost free agent. 🤷 

No compensation after 2pm today. They waited on purpose. Makes sense. Why help another team?

19 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

No compensation after 2pm today. They waited on purpose. Makes sense. Why help another team?

Well it would of hurt them as well on the comp calculations...guessing it was more of that than not helping another team /shrug