Can you imagine if this works out for us...

3 hours ago, DieHard said:

I did not realize that. Wow. A freaking punter.

Free agent punter from Rutgers. The Chiefs had an All Pro free safety, Gary Barbaro who jumped ship to the USFL just before the 1983 season.

Chiefs were so thin at DB they threw Cherry in as a last second replacement in hopes of eventually finding a suitable free safety in place of Barbaro. 

The rest is history. 

14 minutes ago, Burpo The Mad Clown said:

Free agent punter from Rutgers. The Chiefs had an All Pro free safety, Gary Barbaro who jumped ship to the USFL just before the 1983 season.

Chiefs were so thin at DB they threw Cherry in as a last second replacement in hopes of eventually finding a suitable free safety in place of Barbaro. 

The rest is history. 

One of my all time favorite Chiefs players.

Just now, Burpo The Mad Clown said:

My first Chiefs game, preseason 1989 in Memphis. Cherry was leading the DBs in pregame warmups. I got star struck and yelled out “Deron!”

He looked at me annoyed and gave a little wave. My friend laughed.  

A similar thing happened to me a few years ago at a Titans game. Except the player was Dontari Poe. 

20 hours ago, timmy_6262 said:

Being undrafted because you're from a small school is one thing but being undrafted because of a spinal cord injury is another but lets see what he has can't hurt...well maybe lol

I don't think it's an actual spinal cord injury. It sounds like he has a cervical disk that was fused at birth. They surgically fused the disk below to help stabilize it.

Like C1 and C2 were fused at birth, and C2 and C3 were fused to help stabilize. 

I am just guessing here as far as what disks, But I had the same thing, and any disks lower would make it hard to get your head turned for a pass.

1 hour ago, Palangi said:

What are you expecting to hear? There hasn’t been any practices yet. I bet he will be at rookie mini camp. Then you might hear something. 

It was a honest question not a take. Has not been in the conversation on this board or mentioned by Chiefs Leadership.

Oldtimer thinks its funny vs sharing his thoughts. LOL

3 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

He should absolutely challenge Gordon and Fountain for our 5th WR spot.

I would expect Gordon to keep his head clean and actually try to become a decent NFL receiver at this point as it's his last chance to make real money. However you never know with one of the dumbest talented players in NFL history.

I don't think it'll be a fair fight though, there's the possibility of the "healthy to return" notes being a lie as it has been quite a few times in the past but also NFL teams don't shy away as designating raw players coming back from injury as IR bound for the year.