17 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Veach said he is currently rehabbing from back surgery. Now it makes more sense to me why we selected 115 secondary players 

Its his shoulder and not a big deal.

A back injury held Fenton out of the Wild Card and Divisional round playoff games last year, but Veach said Fenton’s correction is on his shoulder.

“I’m sure (vice president of sports medicine and performance) Rick [Burkholder] will talk about that either after OTAs or before,” said Veach. “It’s something that I think he’ll be ready for training camp. We certainly want to get some guys out here and be ready to roll and be in a position to kind of know what we have.”

“Fenton’s a guy that obviously we’re high on and we’re very confident in,” said Veach, before revealing that the cornerback is on the mend. “He’s going through a little bit of a rehab now, so hopefully we get him for the start of training camp.”

7 minutes ago, SEMO said:

Back issues are seldom easily overcame.  I hope he makes a full recovery.  Agree on the extra draft capital sent that way.

It is currently a shoulder rehab not a back issue. No mention of back surgery.

A back injury held Fenton out of the Wild Card and Divisional round playoff games last year, but Veach said Fenton’s correction is on his shoulder.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2022/5/3/23055556/chiefs-say-rashad-fenton-undergoing-rehab-for-shoulder-issue

You need to be at least four CBs deep these days. Our division is filled with competent QBs and dangerous WR. A great pass rush is important, but, if every team starts going 2:1 in pass to run ratio, those CBs are going to need to be rotated a lot to keep them fresh.

Veach is going about this a smart way. Get young guys and let the rest of the division waste a lot of capital on old, expensive vets.

16 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

I like Fenton. After the draft and FA, I'm good with the DBs & LBs. Still concerned about the pass rush. Hopefully the Rook works out, Ingram comes back and Frank smells blood in the water again. 

Clark may have a good year.  As the Corporate Champ used to say, the contract year is undefeated.

Clark and Hardman are likely gone next year so they are playing for free agency. That could motivate them to have a good year, but who knows. Does Clark have more left than we have seen?  Probably.  Does Hardman have more upside than we have seen?  Probably not.  I think they both play better, but neither blow it up.

1 hour ago, DieHard said:

Clark and Hardman are likely gone next year so they are playing for free agency. That could motivate them to have a good year, but who knows. Does Clark have more left than we have seen?  Probably.  Does Hardman have more upside than we have seen?  Probably not.  I think they both play better, but neither blow it up.

Hardman has more upside and may be looking for a reasonable payday next year. His numbers are not #1 category so KC may be able to keep him at a decent price. Shuster is a bigger concern to me. If he has a good year he will likely be more likely to leave..

1 hour ago, AFCWEST said:

Hardman has more upside and may be looking for a reasonable payday next year. His numbers are not #1 category so KC may be able to keep him at a decent price. Shuster is a bigger concern to me. If he has a good year he will likely be more likely to leave..

I would like to keep Hardman, but Christian Kirk's stats looked very similar except for last year and his hit will be 21.5 mill next year. I don't think you can give Hardman more than 10. I wouldn't even go that high, but he will get north of 12 per in FA I am sure. If he has a great year, he will get Kirk money.

2 hours ago, DieHard said:

I would like to keep Hardman, but Christian Kirk's stats looked very similar except for last year and his hit will be 21.5 mill next year. I don't think you can give Hardman more than 10. I wouldn't even go that high, but he will get north of 12 per in FA I am sure. If he has a great year, he will get Kirk money.

Yeah I'd agree.  I think he'll get paid

Fenton is "OK"...

I know PFF says one thing, but when I watch him play he struggles in man to man: Stiff hips, average speed, handsy and DOES NOT TURN HIS HEAD. I feel like the coaching staff feels the same..Hence all of the DBs drafted..

30 minutes ago, artsy said:

Fenton is "OK"...

I know PFF says one thing, but when I watch him play he struggles in man to man: Stiff hips, average speed, handsy and DOES NOT TURN HIS HEAD. I feel like the coaching staff feels the same..Hence all of the DBs drafted..

Nah.  Just reloading the chamber.  Fenton is in a contract year.  Probably won’t be re-signed.

I'm curious if we pursue Bradbury if the Giants cut him.   If they do that will be the most telling about Fenton.  LJ from the Texans looks to be a good depth addition but adding another sure fire starter will show that the Chiefs have concerns about Fenton.  

21 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

I'm curious if we pursue Bradbury if the Giants cut him.   If they do that will be the most telling about Fenton.  LJ from the Texans looks to be a good depth addition but adding another sure fire starter will show that the Chiefs have concerns about Fenton.  

Would not show anything except adding another quality DB. New guys are no sure thing. They all look good on college video but that is college. This would be insurance.

I dont think LKC gets in the game on this guy. Someone will give him a big multi year contract. The Raiders are so good at complete over pay.