Skyy Moore comparison

11 minutes ago, sith13 said:

Seems to be a decent route runner but I've been fooled by the small sample size in the highlights before. Wouldn't mind Steve Smith Jr. or any solid WR for that matter, can't be too picky :)

I think regardless next Season  there will be time with every fan that the pain of missing Tryeek will come like the first time one of our Wr's gets caught from behind

Not a bad comparison.  Smith Jr for a guy his size was also a physical WR.  Had a really nice stiff arm.   Most of the highlights i have seen of Moore were deep throws or contested balls where he had to leave his feet to make the catch. Not saying  he  can't be physical or isn't just not much out there to gauge.   Am excited to see the kid on what he can do.  

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

I think regardless next Season  there will be time with every fan that the pain of missing Tryeek will come like the first time one of our Wr's gets caught from behind

Can't argue with that. Even though I think our pass game will be much better with a group as opposed to a single star there will likely be plays where we miss Hill's great speed in the open field as well as his shiftiness. 

1 hour ago, sith13 said:

Seems to be a decent route runner but I've been fooled by the small sample size in the highlights before. Wouldn't mind Steve Smith Jr. or any solid WR for that matter, can't be too picky :)

Supposedly, he is known as a great route runner in that intermediate range and reliably gains little windows of separation.  After Mahomes develops some chemistry with him and knows exactly where he is going to be, he could be fantastic.  It is said that he is very good in the long game as well.  It will take him awhile to learn Reid's system, but I am really excited to see him. I am certain there is a plan to get the two of them working together a lot...and soon.  But that full chemistry in Reid's system probably won't happen in the first season.

13 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Supposedly, he is known as a great route runner in that intermediate range and reliably gains little windows of separation.  After Mahomes develops some chemistry with him and knows exactly where he is going to be, he could be fantastic.  It is said that he is very good in the long game as well.  It will take him awhile to learn Reid's system, but I am really excited to see him. I am certain there is a plan to get the two of them working together a lot...and soon.  But that full chemistry in Reid's system probably won't happen in the first season.

I think that's the knock on any new WR in Reid's system. The issue isn't necessarily the talent but the lack of that chemistry, or presence of it with others, lead to a lot of guys being overlooked. If that's going to change ever I think this could be the year with so many new guys making up the corps. 

28 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Moore has several things going that make me believe he can contribute immediately.  He hangs on to the ball.  Only a few drops in his entire college career.  He was a RB, like Hill, and is elusive with the ball in his hands.  He isn't afraid to go middle short and pick up those third and fives.   He won't be Hill, but he will get YAC  Hardman and MVS can take the top off the defenses, but Moore can be a possession receiver as well as run deeper routes,  

I think your are right Jet.

The only question I read/hear on Moore is can he separate at the Pro level as well as he did in college.  The consensus is that he will be able to do that and Mahomes can put the ball into the tight windows required. 

6 minutes ago, West said:

I think your are right Jet.

The only question I read/hear on Moore is can he separate at the Pro level as well as he did in college.  The consensus is that he will be able to do that and Mahomes can put the ball into the tight windows required. 

Understand the level of competition concerns, but some things can't be taught or experienced.  Moore has talent gifts that will translate to any level.  Watch some of his tapes catching the ball and running after the catch.  Again, he's not Hill, but he can move the ball.  I loved Hill and some of his spectacular plays, but he wasn't perfect.  Remember about three deflections off of him that turned into INTs last season?  With the improved #2 and #3 the offense can be just as productive.  

He runs great routes. He high points the ball and his 10 1/4 inch hands are huge. Also the fact he has 31 inch arms as a receiver will be great. Couple that with a 34.5 vertical and you can see why he should flourish here. That is an almost 81 inch radius going up. Mahomes should not have to over throw him at all.

From what the tape shows of him is when the ball hits him in the hands he catches it nearly 100% of the time. What we need are smart players who catch the ball. This kid seems to be that.

honestly it doesn’t appear he creates a huge amount of separation on his college tape, which is concerning the level he was playing at, but reid is a master of scheming wrs open and with a 4.4 40 you have to assume he has enough athleticism to win on routes

32 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

From what the tape shows of him is when the ball hits him in the hands he catches it nearly 100% of the time. What we need are smart players who catch the ball. This kid seems to be that.

honestly it doesn’t appear he creates a huge amount of separation on his college tape, which is concerning the level he was playing at, but reid is a master of scheming wrs open and with a 4.4 40 you have to assume he has enough athleticism to win on routes

Devonte Adams ran a 4.56

I think we will be fine if this guy can run great routes.

3 hours ago, jetlord said:

Moore has several things going that make me believe he can contribute immediately.  He hangs on to the ball.  Only a few drops in his entire college career.  He was a RB, like Hill, and is elusive with the ball in his hands.  He isn't afraid to go middle short and pick up those third and fives.   He won't be Hill, but he will get YAC  Hardman and MVS can take the top off the defenses, but Moore can be a possession receiver as well as run deeper routes,  

I also heard he lead the nation in broken tackles last year. I think the Steve Smith comparison is valid, at least from a skill set standpoint. If he resembles Smith at all he will bring a whole different aspect to the Chiefs offense.

42 minutes ago, Dan4pres said:

I also heard he lead the nation in broken tackles last year. I think the Steve Smith comparison is valid, at least from a skill set standpoint. If he resembles Smith at all he will bring a whole different aspect to the Chiefs offense.

Yup thats what got me thinking Steve Smith.  I haven't really looked up comparable combine stuff or RAS but I'm guessing its pretty close to each other.

I'd LOVE to have a guy like Steve Smith on this O.

If you haven’t seen the video of his draft selection phone call, I would highly recommend it. The reaction is priceless. I am technologically challenged or else I would attach it. Anyone want to post it?

4 minutes ago, Dan4pres said:

If you haven’t seen the video of his draft selection phone call, I would highly recommend it. The reaction is priceless. I am technologically challenged or else I would attach it. Anyone want to post it?

just  copy the link and paste it 

How did any other team score a lot of points without Tyreek Hill?   We have just as many weapons as Buffalo and any other team in the league right now.   Kelce is a #1 threat in his own right.  Juju is no slouch.  MVS is a solid #3.  Hardman is as good as any #4 in the league.   While we aren't as explosive without Hill we aren't helpless and I'm willing to bet we are better this year than last year.