Ross and Kinnard look Pretty Good

35 minutes ago, jetlord said:

But did he get two feet in?  😄

Yes.  But it took me 10 watches and pausing to figure it out.  My first thought was no but he catches it cleanly while the back foot was still touching

8 minutes ago, xen said:

Yes.  But it took me 10 watches and pausing to figure it out.  My first thought was no but he catches it cleanly while the back foot was still touching

If it took 10 looks that call would be "tighter than a gnat's ass stretched over a water barrel". 

29 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Man!  We are sick puppies if we are discussing whether a catch on the second day of OTAs is in bounds or not.  And it's nearly four more months until the season starts.  

I remember when an uncontested two handed catch around this time of the year would get us hyped up for a playoff win that never came. 

As Reid said, the media look showed good attendance for the workout, with only 11 absent Chiefs — offensive lineman Orlando Brown, linebacker Jermaine Carter, defensive end Frank Clark, wide receiver Mecole Hardman, quarterback Chad Henne, wide receiver Daurice Fountain, defensive tackle Chris Jones, offensive lineman Lucas Niang, defensive tackle Khalen Saunders, safety Juan Thornhill and tight end Mark Vital.

Every summer there's one or two players who we get all excited about only to crash back to earth by the beginning of the season.  But it seems unusual for an undrafted rookie to get the attention and props that the Chiefs and teammates have given Ross so far.  Yeah, it's only two days and a few reps, but if Ross has his speed and agility back, the Chiefs may have filled another receiver slot. 

4 hours ago, jetlord said:

Every summer there's one or two players who we get all excited about only to crash back to earth by the beginning of the season.  But it seems unusual for an undrafted rookie to get the attention and props that the Chiefs and teammates have given Ross so far.  Yeah, it's only two days and a few reps, but if Ross has his speed and agility back, the Chiefs may have filled another receiver slot. 

Not sure if it was on hard knocks or elsewhere but I remember a coach talking about the UDFAs getting the most looks early in the offseason to asses their abilities for the TC even over some high draft picks who have been looked into much more thoroughly during scouting. Not surprised that some get decent recognition. 

I hope Ross makes it. A lot being made of his spinal fusion surgery. But it's hardly unprecedented. Tony Romo played with it. I forget his name but RB for the Texans a few years ago played with it. Ross played last year in college. It's most likely going to boil down to whether or not he can be the type of difference maker that he was his freshman year at Clemson. Or is a once great player limited and now is only decent? We shall see.

10 hours ago, dhitter said:

I hope Ross makes it. A lot being made of his spinal fusion surgery. But it's hardly unprecedented. Tony Romo played with it. I forget his name but RB for the Texans a few years ago played with it. Ross played last year in college. It's most likely going to boil down to whether or not he can be the type of difference maker that he was his freshman year at Clemson. Or is a once great player limited and now is only decent? We shall see.

I think you’re referring to Arian Foster?  It’s unfortunate that happened, he was a solid RB.

23 hours ago, BroncoStud said:

I think you’re referring to Arian Foster?  It’s unfortunate that happened, he was a solid RB.

Yeah ...Foster had a plethora of injuries. Not sure the spinal fusion was THE thing that did it as he had a solid year following. But also had a groin tear and Achilles. I liked him as a back. 

14 hours ago, dhitter said:

Yeah ...Foster had a plethora of injuries. Not sure the spinal fusion was THE thing that did it as he had a solid year following. But also had a groin tear and Achilles. I liked him as a back. 

I think it was the Achilles that finished him off.

On 5/27/2022 at 6:48 AM, dhitter said:

Foster had a discectomy for a bulging disc and romo had a slipped disc.  Not the same thing.  Ross will be the first to play in the nfl with  congenital spinal fusion.

On 5/30/2022 at 6:27 PM, xen said:

Foster had a discectomy for a bulging disc and romo had a slipped disc.  Not the same thing.  Ross will be the first to play in the nfl with  congenital spinal fusion.

All congenital means is that he was born with it. Back surgery to remove herniated discs and small portions of bone? Sounds just as risky and scary given the nature of the NFL. Ahmad Bradshaw's surgery was considered a "fusion".