• 2 weeks later...

28 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

yup single handedly, it's all on Clark

Did not say that. What is your insight?  He is still on the team at around 14 million this year. That could have been used for a better player or players. So the deal keeps on keeping on. Yes I do know KC would have had to pay him regardless because it would have been dead money.  Do you think he is a 14 million dollar DE?  

1 hour ago, AFCWEST said:

Did not say that. What is your insight?  He is still on the team at around 14 million this year. That could have been used for a better player or players. So the deal keeps on keeping on. Yes I do know KC would have had to pay him regardless because it would have been dead money.  Do you think he is a 14 million dollar DE?  

Do you think we are a worse team for keeping him for a year considering cutting him would not have freed up this money for another player.

2 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

Horrible trade and sign. Machine Gun Clark and his enormous salary,  kept KC from another Super Bowl appearance. 

He was an important part of our SB win which makes it fine with me. After all those years and finally get that win, I'm OK with the original deal. I'm not OK that he's decided to mail it in the last couple of years. That's on him, not the organization. 

2 hours ago, xen said:

Do you think we are a worse team for keeping him for a year considering cutting him would not have freed up this money for another player.

Exactly.  Make the best of the current situation and play on.  Clark is still one of the starters on the Chiefs' line this season and they con get someone else next winter. 

3 hours ago, jetlord said:

Exactly.  Make the best of the current situation and play on.  Clark is still one of the starters on the Chiefs' line this season and they con get someone else next winter. 

Better not overpay for another DE like Clark though. I think DT will be priority in draft for replacing Jones down the line. Also need another FA type in case he cut as his due payments will get large soon.