Free Agents Still Available

4 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

Good points. Other backs seem to get the passing reps. That tells me CEH is not getting it or open or whatever. That was supposed to be his big asset. Im tired of hearing about Westbrook in the Reid years. Reid simply will not run the ball enough for any back to have big numbers. Thats why I hated the pick in the first place. Why use your #1 for a position the head coach does not feature?  CEH will probably do better on a different team. Hate the use of the pick not the player.

Also considering the next two selections in the draft were Tee Higgins and Michael Pittman Jr.

how good would tee higgins have looked the last couple years here, I think having him here as a legit #2 WR could have given us another superbowl easily 

On 5/13/2022 at 12:36 PM, jetlord said:

Nothing special, but still the best on the Chiefs' roster.  He isn't worth the first round pick, but that ship has sailed and if he's healthy, he can do the job.  I wish Reid would include him more in the passing game. 

I don't understand it either.  CEH biggest asset was his ability to catch out of the backfield and run very good routes for a RB and we NEVER use him like that.  I don't know if he just doesn't grasp it (playbook, audibles, blitz pickup, etc) but we don't use what was supposed to be his biggest asset to the team.  I am hoping that with new WRs that will actually run block we might see the screen game again because that also went way down.

17 minutes ago, timmy_6262 said:

I don't understand it either.  CEH biggest asset was his ability to catch out of the backfield and run very good routes for a RB and we NEVER use him like that.  I don't know if he just doesn't grasp it (playbook, audibles, blitz pickup, etc) but we don't use what was supposed to be his biggest asset to the team.  I am hoping that with new WRs that will actually run block we might see the screen game again because that also went way down.

CEH also had some nice highlights in the open field getting yards after single contact. Definitely needs some receivers to pave the way.

On 5/13/2022 at 4:03 PM, BroncoStud said:

Technically I'm still a free agent. 

Not as fast as I used to be, my arm is definitely diminished, and I will probably phone it in after week 2 or 3, but you can get me at a bargain...  Make it happen.

Camp fodder. 😁

5 minutes ago, sith13 said:

CEH also had some nice highlights in the open field getting yards after single contact. Definitely needs some receivers to pave the way.

To me this year is his make or break it for me.  3rd year in the system I am just tired of excuses.

Eagles signed CB James Bradberry to a one-year, $10 million contract.

Bradberry will form a cornerback tandem with Darius Slay, boosting the Eagles' coverage unit. Slay ranked seventh among cornerbacks in Pro Football Focus' defensive grades last season. Bradberry is coming off a down year where he ranked just 103rd in defensive grade, but he ranked 12th in 2020. If he can return to form in Philadelphia, the Eagles

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are joined by the Las Vegas Raiders and Cleveland Browns for free agent Ndamukong Suh.

A league source has apparently told TheOBR.com that the Cleveland Browns, Las Vegas Raiders, and Tampa Bay Buccaneers are interested in 5-time pro bowler and current free agent DT Ndamukong Suh.

5 hours ago, oldtimer said:
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are joined by the Las Vegas Raiders and Cleveland Browns for free agent Ndamukong Suh.

A league source has apparently told TheOBR.com that the Cleveland Browns, Las Vegas Raiders, and Tampa Bay Buccaneers are interested in 5-time pro bowler and current free agent DT Ndamukong Suh.

I don’t really want him but don’t want any of those teams to have him. I would not be disappointed if we signed him to a short deal. I think we have a locker room to handle him if they decided to go for it. 

3 minutes ago, DieHard said:

I don’t really want him but don’t want any of those teams to have him. I would not be disappointed if we signed him to a short deal. I think we have a locker room to handle him if they decided to go for it. 

he'd make a good raider

7 hours ago, DieHard said:

I don't mind having him here for the right amount but I hate the idea of facing him on the path to the SB more. Would prefer if he got paid by someone like the Dolphins.

RBs remain available

This could change at any minute, and for their sake, we certainly hope that opportunities come soon enough, but for now, former Chiefs running backs Darrel Williams and Jerick McKinnon are both still waiting for any real interest in free agency.

The only interest at all shown to either player so far in free agency is an early-April visit for Williams with the Arizona Cardinals. However, nothing happened at that moment and the Cards invested a sixth-round pick in Keontay Ingram to go with a couple of rookie free agent flyers. It makes sense for the Cardinals to look at what these young players bring in further minicamps and even training camp before locking up a vet if they can solve their issues in-house.

Given that most teams likely added a young back or two in the draft or thereafter, both McKinnon and Williams might have to wait for another couple of months before activity picks up. That’s unfair given what they brought to the field for the Chiefs in the last year, but that’s the nature of the running back role in the league these days. A player is either elite and chased early or treated as an afterthought.

But for the record, it’s worth noting that Williams has ascended the Chiefs’ depth chart to become a much more well-rounded player than the one who first arrived back in 2018. His hands were a big surprise in ’21 and he could be a nice weapon in someone’s backfield next year. The same could be said for the spark that McKinnon can provide as a pass catcher and speedy rushing threat who can get to the edge and do some real damage.

They should get their chances, but it’s a surprise to us that both players are still available.

On 5/13/2022 at 5:03 PM, BroncoStud said:

Technically I'm still a free agent. 

Not as fast as I used to be, my arm is definitely diminished, and I will probably phone it in after week 2 or 3, but you can get me at a bargain...  Make it happen.

I dunno...I hear your right arm has had a regular workout.  You should be able to throw it out of the stadium by now!

Browns signed EDGE Jadeveon Clowney to a one-year deal worth "up to" $11 million.

Cleveland brings the mercenary EDGE back into the fold, where he'll start next to Myles Garrett. Clowney had nine sacks in 14 starts with the Browns last year, adding 52 more quarterback pressures per Sports Info Solutions. It's a huge hold for the Cleveland D/ST. Cleveland had a league-high $27 million in cap space coming into today so it'll be interesting to see how much of it actually gets held up as they have been connected to Will Fuller and Odell Beckham.

2 hours ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Cleveland must be backloading every deal possible and will be unable to field a team in a couple seasons

Who knows? Every big deal the Chiefs signed the last 4 years or so had other team's fans declaring the same thing about us. All I know is that is probably way more money for Clowney than the Chiefs would have offered. We could possibly get Dunlap AND Hicks for that same amount.

1 hour ago, dhitter said:

Who knows? Every big deal the Chiefs signed the last 4 years or so had other team's fans declaring the same thing about us. All I know is that is probably way more money for Clowney than the Chiefs would have offered. We could possibly get Dunlap AND Hicks for that same amount.

Yeah I would be down for dunlap + hicks for the same money. Or trey flowers + hicks. Or flowers + dunlap

10 hours ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Cleveland must be backloading every deal possible and will be unable to field a team in a couple seasons

Teams have to spend 99% of the cap over 3 years so they may be trying to play catch-up as they always seem to have quite a bit of space available. 

16 hours ago, dhitter said:

i read that we offered 2 years for $14 Mil