Free Agents Still Available

15 hours ago, jetlord said:

The issue is that none of the "youngsters" get consistent pressure on the QB.  Jones is the only interior lineman with pass rush abilities.  There was hope for Saunders, but he's shown nothing so far. Don't know about Stallworth.  If Ingram comes back, he might play opposite Clark on obvious passing downs and move Karlaftis inside next to Jones.  

Based on the players available I don't mind the rental guys, Suh is always a force in the middle and would be a great compliment to Jones but not sure what the asking price is. As things currently stand DT seems to be our weakest point on the field (assuming Ingram comes back) so there should be some emphasis on that with the June 1 cuts as well as the current FA market. I don't know who would be the odd man out though, a lot of potential with questionable production makes the choice much harder but obviously the coaches should know better. 

5 hours ago, sith13 said:

Based on the players available I don't mind the rental guys, Suh is always a force in the middle and would be a great compliment to Jones but not sure what the asking price is. As things currently stand DT seems to be our weakest point on the field (assuming Ingram comes back) so there should be some emphasis on that with the June 1 cuts as well as the current FA market. I don't know who would be the odd man out though, a lot of potential with questionable production makes the choice much harder but obviously the coaches should know better. 

Hard to imagine him not going to the Bucs again, maybe another  "I'm not going to TC" thing? OR he's out pricing his value.  He's 35 yo for gods sake, has played on 3, 1 year contract.. thats odd IMO. He supposedly has visited a couple of teams and left so who knows?

I think he's a punk so I really don't want him

4 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Hard to imagine him not going to the Bucs again, maybe another  "I'm not going to TC" thing? OR he's out pricing his value.  He's 35 yo for gods sake, has played on 3, 1 year contract.. thats odd IMO. He supposedly has visited a couple of teams and left so who knows?

I think he's a punk so I really don't want him

Wouldn't be surprised to see him go back but may be it's an Ingram-type situation where he's considering other options as well. Definitely a punk but has attitude on the field we can use. Don't mind other options though. 

Ingram:  $4.4M

Houston:  $4.4M?

Suh:  2018(1 year $14M Rams), 2019(1 year $9.25M Bucs), 2020(1 year $8M Bucs), 2021(1 year $9M Bucs)

I'm guessing Suh is looking for another $8-$9M deal and its not out there.  Maybe he can be had for $6M?    

4 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Was KC best back last year. Good catching passes and pass blocking too. I think he is better than CEH.

Ok. But Ronald Jones and Isaih Pacheco were brought In to replace him. The money doesn’t need to spend on a rotational back. 

We are definitely better at RB with these two in the fold already

2 minutes ago, Palangi said:

Ok. But Ronald Jones and Isaih Pacheco were brought In to replace him. The money doesn’t need to spend on a rotational back. 

We are definitely better at RB with these two in the fold already

Season is far from starting. Guys get injured or like Pacheco are unproven. Rosters are huge at this point. No real harm bringing him back. 

Season is far from starting. Guys get injured or like Pacheco are unproven. Rosters are huge at this point. No real harm bringing him back. 

Besides list reps by two guys new to the system that could use the reps. 
there is also buzz about Ealy. 

of injuries happen and e we need to sign he still might be around when needed. Right now he isn’t needed. Save the money for cuts and needed positions

9 minutes ago, DieHard said:

I would give the nod to Williams over Gore. Gore is quicker, but Williams is stronger, better blocker, better receiver. Gore is probably cheaper and RB three won’t get many carries anyway. I’m good either way.

Gore will probably be running 4. 

remember Veach really praised the end of draft RBs and UDRFA RBs too.  

CEH

RoJO

Pacheco

gore 

Ealy 

is probably the depth chart right now

40 minutes ago, Palangi said:

Gore will probably be running 4. 

remember Veach really praised the end of draft RBs and UDRFA RBs too.  

CEH

RoJO

Pacheco

gore 

Ealy 

is probably the depth chart right now

Yep. But Williams may still be added. He has not been signed so you never know.

19 minutes ago, Palangi said:

The new guys need the reps. No need to run to an average back like we need him to succeed

We can agree to disagree. The new guys are no sure thing either and injuries are a certainty. KC has all average backs including CEH.  I watched Williams make some big catches in big moments. The roster is 90 at this time. Plenty of room and reps available.

2 hours ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Bring d williams back.

wait until some teams rb1 goes down in training camp.

trade ceh to said team while they are i panic mode for a 3rd

profit 

Dont think CEH will bring anything in a trade. Maybe a 6 or 7. Guy has done nothing special. 

13 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

We can agree to disagree. The new guys are no sure thing either and injuries are a certainty. KC has all average backs including CEH.  I watched Williams make some big catches in big moments. The roster is 90 at this time. Plenty of room and reps available.

Definitely agree to disagree

15 hours ago, Palangi said:

The new guys need the reps. No need to run to an average back like we need him to succeed

Yea i really don't see a need for Williams.  KC has 6 RBs on the roster.  I think they only carry 3. CEH and Jones arent going anywhere so let the other 4 compete for that final spot.  

The WR room needed some new blood so does the RB room.   Chances are he will still be there during camp in case of injury.  I haven't even seen that he has visited any teams.  

5 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

Dont think CEH will bring anything in a trade. Maybe a 6 or 7. Guy has done nothing special. 

Nothing special, but still the best on the Chiefs' roster.  He isn't worth the first round pick, but that ship has sailed and if he's healthy, he can do the job.  I wish Reid would include him more in the passing game. 

Just now, jetlord said:

Nothing special, but still the best on the Chiefs' roster.  He isn't worth the first round pick, but that ship has sailed and if he's healthy, he can do the job.  I wish Reid would include him more in the passing game. 

Good points. Other backs seem to get the passing reps. That tells me CEH is not getting it or open or whatever. That was supposed to be his big asset. Im tired of hearing about Westbrook in the Reid years. Reid simply will not run the ball enough for any back to have big numbers. Thats why I hated the pick in the first place. Why use your #1 for a position the head coach does not feature?  CEH will probably do better on a different team. Hate the use of the pick not the player.

Good points. Other backs seem to get the passing reps. That tells me CEH is not getting it or open or whatever. That was supposed to be his big asset. Im tired of hearing about Westbrook in the Reid years. Reid simply will not run the ball enough for any back to have big numbers. Thats why I hated the pick in the first place. Why use your #1 for a position the head coach does not feature?  CEH will probably do better on a different team. Hate the use of the pick not the player.

I agree, it's not on a player where he is chosen. I don't see the Chiefs ever giving a 1st round RB his due in the running game. You basically pick a player to dominate in the backfield but if you limit him so much then it's a wasted pick. 

1 hour ago, sith13 said:

I agree, it's not on a player where he is chosen. I don't see the Chiefs ever giving a 1st round RB his due in the running game. You basically pick a player to dominate in the backfield but if you limit him so much then it's a wasted pick. 

Consider the RBs that had success in KC recently.  Priest was undrafted.  Charles was a third rounder.  Hunt was about a fourth.  Then consider Greg Hill and Larry Johnson.  Why would a team ever pick a RB in the first round or even the second?  The Chiefs now have a line that can run block and Andy still won't run the ball with a lead and the other team playing eight back.