Miami signing Ingram?

2 hours ago, Biggjliv4 said:

Bad move by KC. Repeat of last year letting the Steelers get him only to have to trade for him.  DE depth is bad, not sure how not getting him signed makes us better. 

Ingram signing with Miami is a bad move by KC? How does that make any sense? What were they supposed to do? Threaten his family? Move the city closer to the equator? Offer him a slice of team ownership?

How is a player deciding he'd rather finish his career in Miami, Florida rather than Kansas City, Missouri a bad move by us?

3 hours ago, Palangi said:

I think you are right. The improved pass coverage might lead to more pressures and/or sacks

I think Karlaftis is going to have a very good rookie year.  We thought Ingram was a revelation but the truth is we have been so bad for so long at DE that an avg DE looks like a can’t do without player.  We will have more sacks this year than last and Frank will have more than last year because the speed and overall quality on D will be improved.  Veach isn’t done on the dline.  We will add another piece.   Clowney is a better player than Ingram just more expensive.  Quin had a nice year last year as well and could be available if the comp is right.   I’m with you Palangi!

26 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

I think Karlaftis is going to have a very good rookie year.  We thought Ingram was a revelation but the truth is we have been so bad for so long at DE that an avg DE looks like a can’t do without player.  We will have more sacks this year than last and Frank will have more than last year because the speed and overall quality on D will be improved.  Veach isn’t done on the dline.  We will add another piece.   Clowney is a better player than Ingram just more expensive.  Quin had a nice year last year as well and could be available if the comp is right.   I’m with you Palangi!

I could see Veach going the corner route at DE where we bring a former first round guy who hasn’t quite lived up to his draft status or has been drafted above. Two guys in think it could be is Klavon Chaisson out Marcus Davenport. 

Chaisson is the same size as Clark, 6’3” 255. Chaisson is a high energy guy. A change of scenery could do him good. Plus the jags have really drafted above him. Travon Walker and Josh Allen will be the starters. Ardon Key, Jordan Smith, Jeremiah Ledbetter, and Dawuane Smoot.

Davenport fits the Spaggs mold. Big physical player. He’s had injury issues. Can Jordan and Peyton Turner will be the starter. Carl Granderson, Taco Charlton, Kpass, and Jordan Jackson. 

idk just thinking. Or we could just wait to see who gets cut after camp?

Miami must have overpaid by quite a bit for him as I believe we had matching rights to retain him.  I do not think Ingram was going to be a huge impact player for sacks, anyway, but it does hurt the that he would have been a very solid rotational player.  There are other guys that we should be able to get that will fill the same role.  Good thing is that we will get a comp pick for him. 

5 hours ago, Docbarnabee said:

Miami must have overpaid by quite a bit for him as I believe we had matching rights to retain him.  I do not think Ingram was going to be a huge impact player for sacks, anyway, but it does hurt the that he would have been a very solid rotational player.  There are other guys that we should be able to get that will fill the same role.  Good thing is that we will get a comp pick for him. 

We only had to offer him slightly more than we paid last year to place the UFA tag.  Considering the big discount we got with Pittsburgh paying most of his salary I think the min to place the tag was only about 1.6 or 1.7m.   Value is probably around what Pittsburgh paid which was around 4m or something.  

I mean we basically paid 600k to rent him to be a sparkplug for us last year and will likely get our pick back in the comp formula.  

We do still need to add a rotational rusher whether at end or tackle.

35 minutes ago, xen said:

We only had to offer him slightly more than we paid last year to place the UFA tag.  Considering the big discount we got with Pittsburgh paying most of his salary I think the min to place the tag was only about 1.6 or 1.7m.   Value is probably around what Pittsburgh paid which was around 4m or something.  

I mean we basically paid 600k to rent him to be a sparkplug for us last year and will likely get our pick back in the comp formula.  

We do still need to add a rotational rusher whether at end or tackle.

And when he wears out his welcome in Miami, like in Pitt, we will use the UFA comp pick to trade for him again, lol.

If people were hoping that Ingram was all we needed on the DLine then they are delusional.  It kills me that one week Veach is being lauded as the greatest GM after the draft and then he sucks balls because he lets a 37 year old pass rusher go to miami  (better weather & no tax) Ingram is getting ready to call it a career. next man up

Would definitely want Ingram in KC. He did really well coming in so late and looked like still has some in the tank. However without the terms of the deal it's not realistic to favor one move over the other. Right now the focus should be other veteran FAs out there for the DL and there seems to be some decent names. Camp casualties could also work for us. Fixing every single part of the team in a single offseason is rarely possible so no surprises with the current situation. 

I think that the tender plan with Ingram was always for an extra pick.  Same reason the Ravens tendered Huston.

As for the D-Line, maybe Trey Flowers would fit on an EDGE rotation? Akiem Hicks as a rotational DT too!

I think both would come at a fair price if they wanted to play for a ring.

4 hours ago, DieHard said:

I would have liked to have him, but if we were counting on him as a savior, that was never going to happen. He would just be a rotational piece.  Karl will be more productive. Chenal leads the team in sacks with 9 is my prediction. 

This might be a dumb question, but since the deadline has passed will it be a comp,pick in next years draft or 2024?

1 hour ago, bamaroyal said:

I think that the tender plan with Ingram was always for an extra pick.  Same reason the Ravens tendered Huston.

As for the D-Line, maybe Trey Flowers would fit on an EDGE rotation? Akiem Hicks as a rotational DT too!

I think both would come at a fair price if they wanted to play for a ring.

I like this idea. I would also see if Kerrigan is around. Help youngsters and take some snaps. 

47 minutes ago, THEWIZARD said:

This might be a dumb question, but since the deadline has passed will it be a comp,pick in next years draft or 2024?

I gather from this it's next 2023?

he only good news here is that the Chiefs had the foresight to use the UFA tender on Ingram. The team using this tender means that Ingram’s contract with Miami will still count toward the compensatory pick formula for Kansas City even though the deadline to qualify has since passed.

48 minutes ago, THEWIZARD said:

5 hours ago, oldtimer said:

he only good news here is that the Chiefs had the foresight to use the UFA tender on Ingram. The team using this tender means that Ingram’s contract with Miami will still count toward the compensatory pick formula for Kansas City even though the deadline to qualify has since passed.

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

I gather from this it's next 2023?

he only good news here is that the Chiefs had the foresight to use the UFA tender on Ingram. The team using this tender means that Ingram’s contract with Miami will still count toward the compensatory pick formula for Kansas City even though the deadline to qualify has since passed.

According to this it'll be 2023.

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2022/05/16/kansas-city-chiefs-2023-nfl-draft-pick-projections-melvin-ingram-compensatory/.

Damn 12 picks next year, too. It looks like their scouting department will be getting some OT.

Mike Danna must be “Herring” is all I could discern out of much of this discussion. It’s disappointing that we lost Ingram again. Maybe we can trade for him again later this season if the Dolphins unwisely underutilize him. 

I like what I’ve seen of Danna so far btw. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Danna

1 hour ago, gochiefsgo said:

Mike Danna must be “Herring” is all I could discern out of much of this discussion. It’s disappointing that we lost Ingram again. Maybe we can trade for him again later this season if the Dolphins unwisely underutilize him. 

I like what I’ve seen of Danna so far btw. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Danna

Malik Herring. 
tore his knee at the senior bowl in 2021. We picked him up as a udrfa. Placed him on IR for the season. Has a good rookie mini camp last week. 

Not Mike Danna.