Miami signing Ingram?

2 hours ago, gochiefsgo said:

Mike Danna must be “Herring” is all I could discern out of much of this discussion. It’s disappointing that we lost Ingram again. Maybe we can trade for him again later this season if the Dolphins unwisely underutilize him. 

I like what I’ve seen of Danna so far btw. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Danna

Like Docbarnabee said, they could afford 5 mil, apparently they  had no interest. Sounds like they just wanted the comp pick. Pretty savvy maneuvering by veach. I wonder what the pick will be? If it's a 3rd or a 4th that would give them 7 picks in the first 4 rds  

26 minutes ago, THEWIZARD said:

Like Docbarnabee said, they could afford 5 mil, apparently they  had no interest. Sounds like they just wanted the comp pick. Pretty savvy maneuvering by veach. I wonder what the pick will be? If it's a 3rd or a 4th that would give them 7 picks in the first 4 rds  

I doubt it's more than a 6th.  Could be a 7th.  Depends on the contract, just basing that off what he got last year.

47 minutes ago, xen said:

I doubt it's more than a 6th.  Could be a 7th.  Depends on the contract, just basing that off what he got last year.

Since he only signed for 5 mil you're probably right. Better than a sharp stick in the eye, I guess. They still have 6 picks in the first four rounds.

1 hour ago, THEWIZARD said:

Since he only signed for 5 mil you're probably right. Better than a sharp stick in the eye, I guess. They still have 6 picks in the first four rounds.

I thought I heard it will be a 6th pick. It has to be over 5 million. 

Ingram would have helped us but I don't think he gives us the spark he gave us late last year throughout an entire season.  It worked out great last year and nabbing a pick for free is smart business.  There are a few other guys out there we could bring in and their is no rush.  My guess is we will add another DE now and then see who gets cut.   My hope is we trade that pick for Robert Quinn but doubt that happens.

7 hours ago, THEWIZARD said:

It's just another one added to the existing FA list for 2022. I doubt it'll be anything higher than a 6th with this year's crazy contracts unless it ends up taking a higher contract out of the equation which is very unlikely. 

This is not a big deal. Im sure Veach remembers the lack of pass rush in the loss to Cinn. I called it prior to that game and many here laughed stating it would not be an issue. Well it was then and would still be now even with Ingram. KC knows exactly what they had in Ingram. He was not a priority.

Ill trust that Veach knows what he has, has executed his plan and must feel KC has improved. It may not work out but Ingram was not a huge difference maker. 

1 hour ago, AFCWEST said:

This is not a big deal. Im sure Veach remembers the lack of pass rush in the loss to Cinn. I called it prior to that game and many here laughed stating it would not be an issue. Well it was then and would still be now even with Ingram. KC knows exactly what they had in Ingram. He was not a priority.

Ill trust that Veach knows what he has, has executed his plan and must feel KC has improved. It may not work out but Ingram was not a huge difference maker. 

On the contrary I think Ingram was a critical aspect of our pass rush after he joined and was the best DE on the roster. I'm pretty sure he'll be missed but hoping that we won't with either another veteran coming in or Clark being less stupid in his final contract year. I have high hopes for Danna but seems like he's a situational player based on the way they have been utilizing him, would be great if he becomes a solid contributor. 

10 minutes ago, sith13 said:

On the contrary I think Ingram was a critical aspect of our pass rush after he joined and was the best DE on the roster. I'm pretty sure he'll be missed but hoping that we won't with either another veteran coming in or Clark being less stupid in his final contract year. I have high hopes for Danna but seems like he's a situational player based on the way they have been utilizing him, would be great if he becomes a solid contributor. 

He may have been critical on a bad pass rushing team. Critical or not it was still not nearly good enough. Cinn allowed 9 sacks the week before yet KC had almost no pressure in the title game. Point is if you want last years results fine. I think Veach & Reid have a different idea. 

I think KC is refreshing the roster. They are not going to come out and say that but I see a clear change in direction. Maybe a few less wins this year but sets the team up for another good run of 4-5 years. The PM rookie deal is long gone. Need to change the approach.

25 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

He may have been critical on a bad pass rushing team. Critical or not it was still not nearly good enough. Cinn allowed 9 sacks the week before yet KC had almost no pressure in the title game. Point is if you want last years results fine. I think Veach & Reid have a different idea. 

I think KC is refreshing the roster. They are not going to come out and say that but I see a clear change in direction. Maybe a few less wins this year but sets the team up for another good run of 4-5 years. The PM rookie deal is long gone. Need to change the approach.

Definitely not happy with the pass rush and the entire DL from late last season. However I don't think we can ignore the fact that we lost the "best" DE from last year's roster and only brought in a rookie to fix the dismal performance. I'm optimistic about the DL improving this year assuming we made the right moves and will continue to do so during summer but also realistic enough to expect us repeat the same performance as we can't just plug in a rookie and get something decent out of the entire bunch.

Refresh may be the right term as we have seen starting from the OL followed by the secondary. Next year the focus might (and likely should) be the DL. 

7 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Wharton and Kaindoh are guys I'm wondering if they don't see them as having bigger roles this year.  See what they have in some of these young guys and do like what they have done in years past.  Make a mid season trade.    Then go into the off season and attack it knowing much more and having more money and almost as much draft capital as this year. 

I would have liked to have had ingram back but I'm not sure he signs even if KC does match as he won't get the kind of playing time he did here last year which is why he wanted out in Pitt. 

4 hours ago, sith13 said:

Definitely not happy with the pass rush and the entire DL from late last season. However I don't think we can ignore the fact that we lost the "best" DE from last year's roster and only brought in a rookie to fix the dismal performance. I'm optimistic about the DL improving this year assuming we made the right moves and will continue to do so during summer but also realistic enough to expect us repeat the same performance as we can't just plug in a rookie and get something decent out of the entire bunch.

Refresh may be the right term as we have seen starting from the OL followed by the secondary. Next year the focus might (and likely should) be the DL. 

Yes: Lots of picks set up again next year. I think Veach may have found he is liking having lots of picks to out maneuver the other teams in the draft. His moves up and down this past draft were well done. Not every move will work out perfect but having more flexibility worked. I like this approach better than trading high picks for guys and then having to sign them to big contracts. 

Guys like to think Clark was worth it because no super bowl win without him. Maybe but maybe not. Without knowing what other players Kc may have had signed instead, how play calling would have been different and defense play calling would have been different no outcome is certain. One play , or a few sacks, did not decide those wins. In fact if Jimmy G does not overthrow a wide open Sanders the Clark attitude would be much different. KC gave up high picks and then signed him to one of the worse contracts in NFL History that is still hurting this team. I think Veach and Reid have seen the light. 

1 minute ago, gochiefsgo said:

Good article. Points out Ingram was just decent but nothing special. 

18 hours ago, Palangi said:

Malik Herring. 
tore his knee at the senior bowl in 2021. We picked him up as a udrfa. Placed him on IR for the season. Has a good rookie mini camp last week. 

Not Mike Danna. 

Yeah I see him at #94 on the most recent roster. The Chiefs do seem to pick up guys that play in the Senior bowl every year and sometimes they find solid players. 

Maybe using others for pressure in pass rushing situations will work. 

MIKE and SAM linebacker

Nick Bolton replacing Anthony Hitchens, Leo Chenal replacing Nick Bolton

Ron: This linebacker group has become one of the most exciting — or even best — linebacker groups in the NFL? If you’re talking about a trio of linebackers. The addition of Chenal completes the position, and it’s because of what he can do. He was a dominant run defender in college, but he’s shown some skills that could make him a unique, change-of-pace edge rusher as that SAM linebacker.

Matt: I’m really excited to see Leo Chenal in that role. It’s a very specific spot, but knowing what you have in Bolton (MIKE) and Gay (WILL), it’s a nice upgrade. You can bring some violence with Garlaftis Karlaftis on the strong side and Chenal outside of him, and send both guys after a tackle and tight end, it won’t be fun for them, but I’m looking forward to it.

4 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

Yes: Lots of picks set up again next year. I think Veach may have found he is liking having lots of picks to out out maneuver the other teams in the draft. His moves up and down this past draft were well done. Not every move will work out perfect but having more flexibility worked. I like this approach better than trading high picks for guys and then having to sign them to big contracts. 

Guys like to think Clark was worth it because no super bowl win without him. Maybe but maybe not. Without knowing what other players Kc may have had signed instead, how play calling would have been different and defense play calling would have been different no outcome is certain. One play , or a few sacks, did not decide those wins. In fact if Jimmy G does not overthrow a wide open Sanders the Clark attitude would be much different. KC gave up high picks and then signed him to one of the worse contracts in NFL History that is still hurting this team. I think Veach and Reid have seen the light. 

Investment in scouting with good coaching is definitely the better way to go for any team in today's NFL. Can't buy championships as Reid learned in Philly. Right FA additions help a lot but giving up picks to pay a veteran big money isn't the way to go for sustained competitiveness. 

I don’t know if that defensive end isn’t already on the roster. Pressure on the qb and better cornerback coverage is kind of equal to a sack if it’s consistent. Need playmakers in the secondary to allow that pressure to develop and that’s possible now with McDuffie. 

The more I think about it, I think they knew Melvin was not going to sign here. Otherwise I am not sure they do what they did. It really screwed up his plan of waiting out OTAs and part of camp like many were speculating. Or waiting for a desperate team to have a camp injury. Probably pissed him off. And I don’t think he needed to or did give them a chance to match. And no reason to think they are interested in Clowney or JJP. This is probably the group. 

Yeah it’s kind of a brilliant usage of an interesting nfl codicil. They probably never expected his return. Used some obscure thing to its advantage, gained a compensatory pick, will not rely on some overpriced unsigned free agent unless they have to. 

Just goes to show how pathetic our pass rush was last year that so many pine over Ingram. Melvin was a nice situational mid season addition. Nothing more. He chose the Steelers AND the Dolphins over the Chiefs. Bye bye! I do believe Veach is waiting to look at the June 1 cuts. He will sign a vet to add to the roster. Won't be Clowney.

17 minutes ago, dhitter said:

Just goes to show how pathetic our pass rush was last year that so many pine over Ingram. Melvin was a nice situational mid season addition. Nothing more. He chose the Steelers AND the Dolphins over the Chiefs. Bye bye! I do believe Veach is waiting to look at the June 1 cuts. He will sign a vet to add to the roster. Won't be Clowney.

No kidding. You'd think we lost DT with all the sky is falling bullshit.

53 minutes ago, dhitter said:

I'm kind of hoping for Robert Quinn. He might be a little expensive. Getting 18.5 sacks tends to do that.

2 minutes ago, THEWIZARD said:

I'm kind of hoping for Robert Quinn. He might be a little expensive. Getting 18.5 sacks tends to do that.

Quinn would be fun. He turns 32 tomorrow and I'm guessing he sees one last big payday on a 3 year deal. Chiefs aren't going to do that.