Pringle and Juju

I like Pringle a lot but feel Juju is an upgrade. That said, Pringle got paid. Good for him as an undrafted FA. 

“..even K.C. was able to sign JuJu Smith-Schuster for quite a bit less (more on that in a second).

Pringle got more than A.J. Green, a million more dollars than Jarvis Landry, and more than twice as much as Sammy Watkins and Jamison Crowder. For Pringle’s sake, we hope it turns out to be a good deal for Chicago, but it’s hard not to notice that Pringle’s agent got him more than a lot of other WRs this spring.”

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2022/05/20/kc-chiefs-biggest-surprises-free-agency/amp/2/

Just now, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Chicago is not a well run franchise, no surprise they overpaid pringle

I think he is worth that contract. Great kick returner as well. Not sure why KC did not keep him in that role. Bet he puts up some decent numbers even though Chic is not great.

7 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

I think he is worth that contract. Great kick returner as well. Not sure why KC did not keep him in that role. Bet he puts up some decent numbers even though Chic is not great.

True, he is a decent kick returner. I guess I personally don’t value that because i like to see every kickoff that goes into the end zone kneeled down to give pat the ball at the 25 with no risk of fumble or block in the back.

its one of my personal pet peeves about how toub does things

4 hours ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

True, he is a decent kick returner. I guess I personally don’t value that because i like to see every kickoff that goes into the end zone kneeled down to give pat the ball at the 25 with no risk of fumble or block in the back.

its one of my personal pet peeves about how toub does things

Until they start kicking short. Its not a Toob thing its foolball. Sometime you need that big play or time is short and the 25 wont do it. Unless you have 13 seconds left and are playing a stupid coach that does not squib kick it. LOL

1 hour ago, AFCWEST said:

Until they start kicking short. Its not a Toob thing its foolball. Sometime you need that big play or time is short and the 25 wont do it. Unless you have 13 seconds left and are playing a stupid coach that does not squib kick it. LOL

Thank God we aren't those guys.😄

2 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

Right, i mean i would have a rule that anytime the ball goes into the endzone we do not bring it out, unless the game situation calls for needing a big play, either because of dire circumstances or the offense isn’t moving the ball that day.

with mahomes typically there aren’t many days the offense isnt effective.

if we had a different qb/coach combo I would treat it differently 

6 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Right, i mean i would have a rule that anytime the ball goes into the endzone we do not bring it out, unless the game situation calls for needing a big play, either because of dire circumstances or the offense isn’t moving the ball that day.

with mahomes typically there aren’t many days the offense isnt effective.

if we had a different qb/coach combo I would treat it differently 

A rule? Depends on the team your facing, weather, in game injuries, wind , leading or trailing and many other situations. Plus: You cant just turn it on and off. Its easy for the coach, that includes Reid input, to simply tell the returner what to do on each opportunity. Plenty of time prior to the kick off to make a decision. You also dont want to let the opponent know what you are going to do. STRATEGY. 

On 5/21/2022 at 4:08 AM, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Chicago is not a well run franchise, no surprise they overpaid pringle

I think it's more about Chiefs getting a bargain on Juju. I'm guessing Chicago invested in Pringle's potential in an extended role but we'll see how that turns out.