1 minute ago, BroncoStud said:

I'm pretty sure "Cheetah" is about to realize that life with Mahomes as his QB was a whole lot more beneficial to his stats than any gameplan or QB the Fins are going to provide him.

🤣 I can give you 30 million reasons why he won't end up giving a shit in the long run.

2 hours ago, Okiechief1 said:

Haven't gotten to listen to it but read that he did throw KC under bus in this and is lil salty over the whole thing.  

He was all over the place, started off saying it wasn't about the money but feels KC disrespected him by not paying him more than Adams, then he said he felt that the team did not utilize his skill set correctly game to game (had nothing to do with opposing teams game plans to limit his impact). It pisses me off that he is all up in his feelings about this after all the Chiefs did for him when he was having that baby mama drama a few years ago, the team could have cut him just like what they did with Hunt but they stood by him. I could not even finish the whole thing because there is so much double talk going on, not to mention he starts airing dirty laundry and behind the scenes shit. I was going to root for him to do well in miami this year but after this BS,  nope.

none of what he said is bad, just his perspective.  He's probably right in that we did not gameplan enough in some games for him, and the Bmore game is a good example.  That said he was worth what he was asking for without a doubt and he offered KC a discount.  If you say you'll take 25-26 because KC is where you want to be, after the top of the market is set at 30, and you know you can reset the market again if you were in free agency, then that's about as much as you can expect from a player that is the most feared receiver in the game.

That said it worked out for everyone.  It was shocking at the time but Veach did the right thing by Tyreek and by KC in doing the trade. 

This does bring up the point that Kelce is now the most underpaid player in the NFL and is under contract for 4 more years.  He does not seem to care about that based on his response to Kittle's comments, but it is a fact.  I think at this point he has a great shot to end up being the best receiving tight end in NFL history.

1 hour ago, xen said:

none of what he said is bad, just his perspective.  He's probably right in that we did not gameplan enough in some games for him, and the Bmore game is a good example.  That said he was worth what he was asking for without a doubt and he offered KC a discount.  If you say you'll take 25-26 because KC is where you want to be, after the top of the market is set at 30, and you know you can reset the market again if you were in free agency, then that's about as much as you can expect from a player that is the most feared receiver in the game.

That said it worked out for everyone.  It was shocking at the time but Veach did the right thing by Tyreek and by KC in doing the trade. 

This does bring up the point that Kelce is now the most underpaid player in the NFL and is under contract for 4 more years.  He does not seem to care about that based on his response to Kittle's comments, but it is a fact.  I think at this point he has a great shot to end up being the best receiving tight end in NFL history.

they said 25 - 26 before the adams trade and new contract. Tyreek seems to be very easily manipulated by his buddy and drew.  It is all in the past now but don't start acting like KC shit all over you for 4-5 years and disrespected you etc when they stood up for you in court etc, Keep the line moving players come and go

1 hour ago, xen said:

And Hill would have had half the targets that he had if Kelce hadn't been on the field.  That will be true of any team Hill plays for that does not have a HOF tight end. If he thinks he will get more targets now without Kelce, he has a big surprise waiting for him...like another defender front of him...and maybe behind him. Tua will be throwing to him less, not more, at least by the time the season is half over.

Just now, Fmbl2187 said:

And Hill would have had half the targets that he had if Kelce hadn't been on the field.  That will be true of any team Hill plays for that does not have a HOF tight end. If he thinks he will get more targets now without Kelce, he has a big surprise waiting for him...like another defender front of him...and maybe behind him. Tua will be throwing to him less, not more.

I think the Fins may have enough weapons that teams won't be able to do that.  I think.  Kind of depends on how they plan to utilize them.  If they play all that outside zone (remember their coach was a Shanahan guy, first the dad, whom i wont name here cause fuck that guy, and and then run game coordinator for the 9ers under kyle) then yeah the numbers won't be there.  

5 minutes ago, KC Warpaint said:

i don't even think it was a gameplan issue with the chiefs offense, there are two teams on the field and the defenses job is to STOP any WR from catching the ball so they double team that player...wow! what a concept

With how good tyreek was at every level of the field, having 5 games with 5 or fewer targets is bit of a failure now matter how you slice it.  Our big mistake though was not having that reliable 3rd receiving option to make teams pay for doubling Hill and Kelce this past year.

32 minutes ago, xen said:

With how good tyreek was at every level of the field, having 5 games with 5 or fewer targets is bit of a failure now matter how you slice it.  Our big mistake though was not having that reliable 3rd receiving option to make teams pay for doubling Hill and Kelce this past year.

Yeah.  We needed that third guy. Seemed to me that Pringle was becoming that  for several games.

Tyreek is doing damage control on his desire to be the highest paid receiver. The Chiefs could not afford to keep him because they needed a complete defensive overhaul. He will regret his move eventually when he sees the new Chiefs receivers explode all over the field while his production drops with Tua as his QB.

It was about money for Tyreek, period. Patrick had great success without Hill, it won't be the other way around. His drops were in his hands each time, not the QB's fault.

7 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Is that what it was?  I didn't know.  Thanks, Xen.

To elaborate, teams started dropping guys back to cut off lanes, then the playbook was basically double reek and kelce and single press the other receivers and none of the tertiary guys could consistently get open.  If we had even 1 guy that could make em pay for doing that we'd have been fine (think Sammy in the games he did well).

Now the new guys are gonna have to prove it or teams will triple team kelce.  I do believe we now have the horses to make em pay but who nows how long it will take em all to get comfortable in the system.

This Hill shit is getting old. Wish when asked by reporters about Kc he would say I’m a dolphin now next question. And now talking about how much accurate Tua is compared to Pat. Seems to be looking back a lot, move on.

With the quantity of WR talent we have now I’m excited to see who rises to the top. Sounds like MVS and pat are meshing well and the guy really seems to be smart and a quick learner. deep down rooting for Skyy and Ross to be the real deal.

I agree its all future damage control

I wonder if after a couple practices Hill realized that Tua may not be very good and now they have a backup excuse ready in waiting....I never wanted to leave KC

Are they just trying so hard to deflect the negative press away from himself and Tua?

I have never seen a WR hype up a QB so much before.  I also haven't ever seen a QB hype himself up so much before too.  Bragging to the press about a throw to Hill that would of been a TD....in practice....in shorts...no pass rush. Also why is he talking about this at all?  I don't see Adams, AJ Brown, Hollywood Brown, or anyone else starting a podcast to talk shit and dump on his former team.  They got traded and went about their business.  Adams went from one of the top 10 QB (regular season) of all time to Derek Carr, who isn't terrible but that is a big drop off in talent.

The part that sucks is that nobody from the Chiefs will respond to anything he says and everyone involved knows this.  Hill could almost say anything and if the press asked anyone from the Chiefs the answer would be "no comment" or "next question" or "he isn't part of the Chiefs organization".  I think that is the best way to handle it and the most professional way but it would be nice to hear something official from the Chiefs.

I like to think I am a good hearted guy and I always like to wish people the best of luck if and when they leave but with Hill....yeah not so much.  Nothing would make me happier than for him to have an awful season and for us to just keep on trucking like nothing changed.  I don't have high hopes in this first season of that but you never know.

Just wish he would move on.  Take your bag of money, shut up, and worry about your new team the Dolphins.

We need to brace ourselves for Hill having the best year of his career.  Their HC can scheme up some nasty stuff and if they give him Kupp targets (which they didn't pay him to not get Kupp touches) he is liable to have a huge year.   Even if that happens I am ok with the trade.

9 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

We need to brace ourselves for Hill having the best year of his career.  Their HC can scheme up some nasty stuff and if they give him Kupp targets (which they didn't pay him to not get Kupp touches) he is liable to have a huge year.   Even if that happens I am ok with the trade.

I don't doubt it.  They are going to force feed him the ball on running plays, pass plays and special teams.  He might be good for a season but that much abuse catches up quick to everyone in the NFL.  Then he and Drew will complain about how they are using him too much.  Nothing would surprise me with those 2 now.

10 hours ago, timmy_6262 said:

I agree its all future damage control

I wonder if after a couple practices Hill realized that Tua may not be very good and now they have a backup excuse ready in waiting....I never wanted to leave KC

Are they just trying so hard to deflect the negative press away from himself and Tua?

I have never seen a WR hype up a QB so much before.  I also haven't ever seen a QB hype himself up so much before too.  Bragging to the press about a throw to Hill that would of been a TD....in practice....in shorts...no pass rush. Also why is he talking about this at all?  I don't see Adams, AJ Brown, Hollywood Brown, or anyone else starting a podcast to talk shit and dump on his former team.  They got traded and went about their business.  Adams went from one of the top 10 QB (regular season) of all time to Derek Carr, who isn't terrible but that is a big drop off in talent.

The part that sucks is that nobody from the Chiefs will respond to anything he says and everyone involved knows this.  Hill could almost say anything and if the press asked anyone from the Chiefs the answer would be "no comment" or "next question" or "he isn't part of the Chiefs organization".  I think that is the best way to handle it and the most professional way but it would be nice to hear something official from the Chiefs.

I like to think I am a good hearted guy and I always like to wish people the best of luck if and when they leave but with Hill....yeah not so much.  Nothing would make me happier than for him to have an awful season and for us to just keep on trucking like nothing changed.  I don't have high hopes in this first season of that but you never know.

Just wish he would move on.  Take your bag of money, shut up, and worry about your new team the Dolphins.

I'm sure Tua is accurate.  All NFL QB's are accurate or they wouldn't be QB's in the NFL.  The thing that makes the difference is their minds, reading their progressions, outthinking the defenses, changing the cadences, re-positioning guys, changing their arc,  staying calm under pressure, deciding when to run and slide, how they improvise, building chemistry and friendships with teammates, being a leader in the locker room, not making excuses or casting blame in post game interviews, taking responsibility for his own errors,  inspiring  players and encouraging them, being about the team rather than themself.  Does Tua have those things?  I have no idea, but I seriously doubt he could have all of it at the level Mahomes has it. Hill right now is in defensive mode.  He is trying to justify his quest for more millions than he will ever need, playing in front of fans who don't know if they will be able to put their kid through college. 

1 hour ago, Fmbl2187 said:

He is trying to justify his quest for more millions than he will ever need, playing in front of fans who don't know if they will be able to put their kid through college. 

Frustrated George Costanza GIF doubt he even considered that nor should he or has any professional athlete for that matter. When you are one hit from  death or being paralyzed you cut Hay when you can.