2 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Frustrated George Costanza GIF doubt he even considered that nor should he or has any professional athlete for that matter. When you are one hit from  death or being paralyzed you cut Hay when you can.

For 18 instead of 22 million dollars?  Gimme a break.  I don't know if those were Hill's numbers, but that is close to what many of these players do who abandon the team that drafted them and coached them up to greatness to get as much as someone else in the league.  I just can't empathize with that. It isn't about making hay, it is about putting self above allegiance to friends, fans, coaches, and front office, and about the quest for more and more riches over a team's original investment. It is an addiction to money and glory, money that is not necessary to set them up for the rest of their lives. That part is already done.

39 minutes ago, Chiefmanzada said:

Anyone think Tyreek Hill is a hall of famer?

For some reason I don’t.  

Doesn't take much at times look no further than Terrell Davis.  3 very good years with two being exceptional and nothing after.

On 6/11/2022 at 7:37 AM, KC Warpaint said:

they said 25 - 26 before the adams trade and new contract. Tyreek seems to be very easily manipulated by his buddy and drew.  It is all in the past now but don't start acting like KC shit all over you for 4-5 years and disrespected you etc when they stood up for you in court etc, Keep the line moving players come and go

I find it hard to believe anything Hill has to say. I doubt he offered a discount.

5 hours ago, Chiefmanzada said:

For some reason I don’t.  

Guess that was a flip answer.  The more nuanced version is it depends on what he does in Miami.  If he's even close to what he was for us I think he'll seal it.  If Tua turns him into a possession receiver he's fucked.  HOF voters love to vote for big play receivers and hate voting for possession receivers.  If Tua and Tyreek tank his career he's either a longshot at that point or he'll have to wait a bunch of years.  But big play guys with 3 or more all pro years usually get in eventually.  Not sure how they'll weigh the first all pro year though.  As Jalen Ramsey reminded Reek, it was for special teams.

8 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Frustrated George Costanza GIF doubt he even considered that nor should he or has any professional athlete for that matter. When you are one hit from  death or being paralyzed you cut Hay when you can.

This.  This opportunity was not coming around for tyreek again.  And I don't really care to hear the rah rah team argument.  Teams have very little loyalty to most players.  If someone offers to double your salary, take it dumbass.  The free market decides what anyone is worth.  Don't like it, be worth more.

10 minutes ago, xen said:

Guess that was a flip answer.  The more nuanced version is it depends on what he does in Miami.  If he's even close to what he was for us I think he'll seal it.  If Tua turns him into a possession receiver he's fucked.  HOF voters love to vote for big play receivers and hate voting for possession receivers.  If Tua and Tyreek tank his career he's either a longshot at that point or he'll have to wait a bunch of years.  But big play guys with 3 or more all pro years usually get in eventually.  Not sure how they'll weigh the first all pro year though.  As Jalen Ramsey reminded Reek, it was for special teams.

So depends on how he does in Miami? I agree because I don’t think his Chiefs career alone will seal it. 

Mahomes and Kelce are forsure HOF. Adding Hill will put speculation as to why we didn’t win 2 SBs with that squad

25 minutes ago, Chiefmanzada said:

So depends on how he does in Miami? I agree because I don’t think his Chiefs career alone will seal it. 

Mahomes and Kelce are forsure HOF. Adding Hill will put speculation as to why we didn’t win 2 SBs with that squad

I am sure there were teams out there that won one or no SB and had 3 hof players on it.

8 hours ago, NCK Chiefs Fan said:

It sounds to like he has become a Diva, a me me me player, I am not a team player, its all about me!. 

You can see his transformation against the Bucs in 2020 (backflipping into the endzone for a score), and throughout last season with the way he celebrated his TDs. 

2 hours ago, xen said:

This.  This opportunity was not coming around for tyreek again.  And I don't really care to hear the rah rah team argument.  Teams have very little loyalty to most players.  If someone offers to double your salary, take it dumbass.  The free market decides what anyone is worth.  Don't like it, be worth more.

:lol: Hill is an amazing receiver, no doubt.  But we are talking about football.  The greatest players in the hall of fame over the many decades have been guys who played most of their career for one franchise.  That was something that helped those players became great.  It was the consistency of the scheme and their roles and individual talents within that scheme, and their performances were honed to a fine edge by knowing the scheme and their teammates for a long time, where everyone was and would be on the field and in the blocking schemes, to the level where it was almost a sixth sense.  I don't believe the great players of today reach that level when they move around every three or four years. They are itenerant mercenaries, selling their skills to the highest bidders.  I know I am an old fuddy duddy (that term proves it), but a purely mercenary set of values cheapens life experience.  In the case of football it cheapens the game and cheapens the role of fans and of team.  When fans lose interest and teams lose intrinsic value, the game itself inevitably fades away into the dustbin of history.  Tyreek Hill can really run and catch the football in an electrifying manner, but  apparently he is also a whore.

21 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

:lol: Hill is an amazing receiver, no doubt.  But we are talking about football.  The greatest players in the hall of fame over the many decades have been guys who played most of their career for one franchise.  That was something that helped those players became great.  It was the consistency of the scheme and their roles and individual talents within that scheme, and their performances were honed to a fine edge by knowing the scheme and their teammates for a long time, where everyone was and would be on the field and in the blocking schemes, to the level where it was almost a sixth sense.  I don't believe the great players of today reach that level when they move around every three or four years. They are itenerant mercenaries, selling their skills to the highest bidders.  I know I am an old fuddy duddy (that term proves it), but a purely mercenary set of values cheapens life experience.  In the case of football it cheapens the game and cheapens the role of fans and of team.  When fans lose interest and teams lose intrinsic value, the game itself inevitably fades away into the dustbin of history.  Tyreek Hill can really run and catch the football in an electrifying manner, but  apparently he is also a whore.

Lmao at the very end of this post 😂😂

Not sure, if he make it in the hall, he will get close, and I think the same things that kept him, out of the olympics,

and literally killed his track career, will have a play. There is also that factor in the trade, as I believe he was trying to recoup some money that was lost, due to things that may of may not of happened.

The real story.. is somewhere between what we are hearing, and what we arent hearing.. who knows.

But I do think those off field, things, that i am  not even sure where completely understood.. will keep him out of the Hall.

10 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

How many jobs have you had?  If you say more than 1, evidently you are a whore as well.

19 hours ago, Chiefmanzada said:

For some reason I don’t.  

He plays like this for 3-4 more years and he is a first ballot HOF, as it is now he is a borderline HOF if he never plays again.   His stats are in elite company.  

21 hours ago, NCK Chiefs Fan said:

It sounds to like he has become a Diva, a me me me player, I am not a team player, its all about me!. 

I agree. First off, he was complaining about not being utilized? Dude had 159 targets. Devante Adam's had the 2nd most in the NFL at 169. Kupp was an outlier at 191 targets. Hill was utilized. 

Secondly, this is the NFL. Teams game plan to take players out of the game. Hill was not going to be the main target for every game plan. Period. Look at the Chiefs versus Bengals. Game 1 Chase was the WR that destroyed the D. Game 2 Chase was largely less directly impacting, because the defense game planned for him. So their #3 WR made the D look stupid.

Third, his own agents word indicated it was all about the money. The Chiefs and Hill were close to a deal until the Adam's deal and trade. Seems like Hill's version of the story is the inconsistent one. I'm glad he got paid. I just don't particularly care for his statements and throwing shade at a franchise that went out of their way to make sure the player went to a team that he preferred. That's pretty loyal and respectful way KC handled it.

Lastly, talking smack about Mahomes. No fucking way is Tua more accurate than Mahomes. Are you kidding me?