1 hour ago, SEMO said:

Tell that to Terrell Owens.

Different situations.  Selectors have been quoted off the record saying there was a block of about 10 voters, enough to keep him from getting to the 80% mark needed, who felt he was a locker room cancer and when he could still play nobody wanted him for that reason.  Whether true or not, that was the perception.

Anything related to the NFL can be considered, including locker room stuff.  If you even bring up non NFL related stuff you can lose your vote.

23 hours ago, xen said:

Different situations.  Selectors have been quoted off the record saying there was a block of about 10 voters, enough to keep him from getting to the 80% mark needed, who felt he was a locker room cancer and when he could still play nobody wanted him for that reason.  Whether true or not, that was the perception.

Anything related to the NFL can be considered, including locker room stuff.  If you even bring up non NFL related stuff you can lose your vote.

Locker room stuff shouldn’t matter.  It is off field.  They can’t change the rules just because they didn’t like a players attitude outside of the white lines.  And, I would hardly say no one wanted him.  After it fell apart in Philly, Dallas and then Buffalo couldn’t wait to sign him.  Owens was a dick, but it always revolved around winning.  If teammates were not getting it done,  he said so.  Not sure if that’s all bad.

I think a case could be made for Owens as the best receiver to play the game.  Great hands, YAC better than anyone, except maybe Hill, that I have ever seen, TD machine, elite blocker, fearless across the middle, catch the deep ball, won majority of contested catches.  And, this all at a time when DBs could pretty much rape the receivers.  

Yeah, Jerry Rice, blah, blah, blah.  Was there ever a more perfect system fit receiver and system fit QB paired up?  Owens had 3 years of Steve Young throwing to him (while playing second fiddle to Rice) and then 5 years of Jeff Garcia before being traded to Philly.  Garcia would have washed out of the league by year 2 without Owens.

It was a travesty that he had to wait because of off field issues.  Almost as much as a true cancer like Randy Moss not having to.  He wasn’t close to the complete receiver that TO was.  He just outran everyone.

On 6/13/2022 at 12:56 PM, SEMO said:

Locker room stuff shouldn’t matter.  It is off field.  They can’t change the rules just because they didn’t like a players attitude outside of the white lines.  And, I would hardly say no one wanted him.  After it fell apart in Philly, Dallas and then Buffalo couldn’t wait to sign him.  Owens was a dick, but it always revolved around winning.  If teammates were not getting it done,  he said so.  Not sure if that’s all bad.

I think a case could be made for Owens as the best receiver to play the game.  Great hands, YAC better than anyone, except maybe Hill, that I have ever seen, TD machine, elite blocker, fearless across the middle, catch the deep ball, won majority of contested catches.  And, this all at a time when DBs could pretty much rape the receivers.  

Yeah, Jerry Rice, blah, blah, blah.  Was there ever a more perfect system fit receiver and system fit QB paired up?  Owens had 3 years of Steve Young throwing to him (while playing second fiddle to Rice) and then 5 years of Jeff Garcia before being traded to Philly.  Garcia would have washed out of the league by year 2 without Owens.

It was a travesty that he had to wait because of off field issues.  Almost as much as a true cancer like Randy Moss not having to.  He wasn’t close to the complete receiver that TO was.  He just outran everyone.

Let Antonio Brown be the question to off field issues and HOF 

1 hour ago, Chiefmanzada said:

Let Antonio Brown be the question to off field issues and HOF 

Ben Rapelisburger raped someone and will be first ballot.  

Where AB will have problems is the on field stiff, such as quitting on the Bucs in a game, which will be brought up.   

On 6/13/2022 at 12:56 PM, SEMO said:

Again it's not really off field, I misspoke.  It's NFL related vs non NFL related.  Locker room is fair game for discussion.  

I agree on Owens btw.  I think he should have been first ballot, just reporting what's out there.