3 hours ago, azchief21 said:

It'll be tough. A lot of young talent @ WR. 

Young being the key word. One thing in his favor is he knows rhe offense.  If he shows he's worth it they could hide  Ross on IR. That would give them someone besides Hardman that has experience with the system till the young guys pick it up. And he's cheap.

1 minute ago, jetlord said:

Gordon, Ross, Watson, Powell, Fountain, Coleman, etc. , etc.  Two make the roster out of 13 candidates beyond the likely four.  We've heard something good about nearly every one of them.  Wake me when TC is several weeks gone.  

Agreed. It’s a very nice problem to have.

17 hours ago, THEWIZARD said:

Young being the key word. One thing in his favor is he knows rhe offense.  If he shows he's worth it they could hide  Ross on IR. That would give them someone besides Hardman that has experience with the system till the young guys pick it up. And he's cheap.

True.  During the growing pains, he could be a big help here and there.

16 hours ago, azchief21 said:

Tyreek is better than all of them obviously but I really think overall, it's a better WR group. 

It will be, after they all learn their stuff.  The question is how long will that take?  Those quicker on the uptake will get most of the snaps in the games we are behind or have a small lead, though.  But, yes, having more targets with different skills will be better than one main guy with a huge dropoff if injured. And injuries are the name of the game. Another is:  how good is Mahomes, really, at running an offense with multiple WR's having different skill sets?  This year, we will learn the true capacity of Mahomes' brain and self-discipline. If he truly has a Peyton Manning or Tom Brady brain, we will find out the answer this year.

19 hours ago, azchief21 said:

Tyreek is better than all of them obviously but I really think overall, it's a better WR group. 

Best reason to hope:  Mahomes + JuJu > Rothlesburger + JuJu.  Hardman will get his 800 and MVS will get a few big plays, but JuJu and eventually Moore will be the guys to keep possessions going along with Kelce.  At least, that's the way I see it.  

3 hours ago, jetlord said:

Best reason to hope:  Mahomes + JuJu > Rothlesburger + JuJu.  Hardman will get his 800 and MVS will get a few big plays, but JuJu and eventually Moore will be the guys to keep possessions going along with Kelce.  At least, that's the way I see it.  

Agreed. MVS and Moore excite me as wild cards. With his height speed and Moore’s shiftiness, I think Andy and Pat will make one of them blow up. 

Only thing about Moore is him getting up to speed in Andy's famously complicated system.  He'll surely get a few routes and plays early on, but I'm not expecting too much until later in the season.  It's up to JuJu, Hardman, and Kelce plus CEH to carry the early load. 

3 hours ago, jetlord said:

Agree with this and then throw in Fortson. Looking forward to seeing him.

There wont be hiding ross, on the IR.. 

We have that true number 1,  game taking over reciever, and because of ross.. Hardman will shine, he will look fantastic.. speccially with the big fast guys ......  bunch right  and let the short guy hide, behind the two monster recievers, and then come outta that bunch flying.. .. 

Somebody's gonna loose him, and it will be a race against air.. and we know hardman can win those. 

17 minutes ago, robgar said:

We have that true number 1,  game taking over reciever, and because of ross.. Hardman will shine, he will look fantastic.. speccially with the big fast guys ......  bunch right  and let the short guy hide, behind the two monster recievers, and then come outta that bunch flying.. .. 

Somebody's gonna loose him, and it will be a race against air.. and we know hardman can win those. 

Hardman should be traded like yesterday

50 minutes ago, Balto said:

Hardman should be traded like yesterday

It a shame we need him right now.  He is the only one with experience as a WR under Mahomes-Reid.  Once the others learn well enough, though, I wouldn't be expecting him to get another contract. I think he will have a good year statistically, and that will increase his trade value.  They will throw to him a lot to build up his value, but I still don't believe he is a high caliber receiver.  I could end up very wrong, but I don't think so. I have never heard much about him as being a good blocker. We need receivers who can do that well.  He has value as a kick returner. Always need that.

12 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

It a shame we need him right now.  He is the only one with experience as a WR under Mahomes-Reid.  Once the others learn well enough, though, I wouldn't be expecting him to get another contract. I think he will have a good year statistically, and that will increase his trade value.  They will throw to him a lot to build up his value, but I still don't believe he is a high caliber receiver.  I could end up very wrong, but I don't think so. I have never heard much about him as being a good blocker. We need receivers who can do that well.  He has value as a kick returner. Always need that.

He will get paid.  He has the one thing that you cannot teach:  speed.

13 hours ago, robgar said:

The undrafted free agent is our true #1 game breaking WR? 

3 hours ago, DieHard said:

The undrafted free agent is our true #1 game breaking WR? 

Dude took over a national championship game.. by himself.. Film dont lie. our WR's.. are the best in the nfl.. its not my fault you dont know that yet.  Its the we have had hill for a bit.. and your  not  willing to see what we have done. 

what we  have done is really scary, if you have built your defense to stop Hill.. 

6 minutes ago, robgar said:

Dude took over a national championship game.. by himself.. Film dont lie. our WR's.. are the best in the nfl.. its not my fault you dont know that yet.  Its the we have had hill for a bit.. and your  not  willing to see what we have done. 

what we  have done is really scary, if you have built your defense to stop Hill.. 

In 2018?  The guy that ran a 4.63 40 at his pro day this year? The guy we didn't draft even with a lot of late picks?  I am not saying he can't be a productive NFL WR, but to put him ahead of the veterans and even Moore is lunacy. Also he had foot surgery last year which can be tricky. I heard on the radio that it was bothering him a rookie mini camp. It is something to keep an eye on. He is a long shot to make the team, much less be our #1. If Juju, MVS, Hardman and Moore are locks (and they are), that mean there is 1 to 2 spots open and those guys better play special teams.

He will be competing with Justin Ross, Colon Powell, Josh Gordon, Dourice Fountain and others for the 1 or 2 spots. For him to jump all these guys and the 4 locks as an UDFA is a million to one. But not impossible.