Evidently you dont even know his name.. cuz you got him competing with himself. ;) But thats alright.. man.. 

look I was right on Hill.. and I am right this time round.. .. sit back and watch.. and enjoy.. 

19 minutes ago, robgar said:

Evidently you dont even know his name.. cuz you got him competing with himself. ;) But thats alright.. man.. 

look I was right on Hill.. and I am right this time round.. .. sit back and watch.. and enjoy.. 

I meant Justin Watson. Who is also a guy to keep an eye on. I, on the other hand, am just guessing on how it turns out.

48 minutes ago, DieHard said:

In 2018?  The guy that ran a 4.63 40 at his pro day this year? The guy we didn't draft even with a lot of late picks?  I am not saying he can't be a productive NFL WR, but to put him ahead of the veterans and even Moore is lunacy. Also he had foot surgery last year which can be tricky. I heard on the radio that it was bothering him a rookie mini camp. It is something to keep an eye on. He is a long shot to make the team, much less be our #1. If Juju, MVS, Hardman and Moore are locks (and they are), that mean there is 1 to 2 spots open and those guys better play special teams.

He will be competing with Justin Ross, Colon Powell, Josh Gordon, Dourice Fountain and others for the 1 or 2 spots. For him to jump all these guys and the 4 locks as an UDFA is a million to one. But not impossible.

It is lunacy, especially considering the guy is a walking paraplegic if he gets hit the wrong way.  BTW, I like the mention of "Colon Powell."  Is that some kind of new laxative? 

19 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

It is lunacy, especially considering the guy is a walking paraplegic if he gets hit the wrong way.  BTW, I like the mention of "Colon Powell."  Is that some kind of new laxative? 

Colon was my man. Got to call him Colon from now on.

21 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

It a shame we need him right now.  He is the only one with experience as a WR under Mahomes-Reid.  Once the others learn well enough, though, I wouldn't be expecting him to get another contract. I think he will have a good year statistically, and that will increase his trade value.  They will throw to him a lot to build up his value, but I still don't believe he is a high caliber receiver.  I could end up very wrong, but I don't think so. I have never heard much about him as being a good blocker. We need receivers who can do that well.  He has value as a kick returner. Always need that.

So you think Veach will actually Franchise Tag him in hopes for a trade?  

I don't mind Hardman at all but I just don't see anyway he gets resigned and some team will offer him more than Veach.  Hardman will need to have a Pro Bowl level year to get us a high comp pick and of course thats no guarantee because Veach might sign another FA to offset Hardman.

If Veach can get a 3rd or better for Hardman he needs to do it ASAP.  I think Fisher is a great example of why a team should trade a player a year early rather than when its to late.

Send him to Chicago and get me a pass rusher+pick!!!!

5 hours ago, DieHard said:

In 2018?  The guy that ran a 4.63 40 at his pro day this year? The guy we didn't draft even with a lot of late picks?  I am not saying he can't be a productive NFL WR, but to put him ahead of the veterans and even Moore is lunacy. Also he had foot surgery last year which can be tricky. I heard on the radio that it was bothering him a rookie mini camp. It is something to keep an eye on. He is a long shot to make the team, much less be our #1. If Juju, MVS, Hardman and Moore are locks (and they are), that mean there is 1 to 2 spots open and those guys better play special teams.

He will be competing with Justin Ross, Colon Powell, Josh Gordon, Dourice Fountain and others for the 1 or 2 spots. For him to jump all these guys and the 4 locks as an UDFA is a million to one. But not impossible.

I agree and see him either getting cut or maybe season long IR.

Just now, xen said:

I mean, those aren't the only 2 options.  

Guess he could get hurt and needs to sign a cheap 1 year prove it deal.

Guess he could sucks big time and no one offers him a large contract...then I'd argue we shouldn't resign him either

Trade him before the trade deadline?  Probably SUPER low value at that point.

What else am I missing?

7 minutes ago, Balto said:

Guess he could get hurt and needs to sign a cheap 1 year prove it deal.

Guess he could sucks big time and no one offers him a large contract...then I'd argue we shouldn't resign him either

Trade him before the trade deadline?  Probably SUPER low value at that point.

What else am I missing?

2nd franchise or transition tag next year.

Work out a contract that works for both sides. 

Take out a large insurance policy and have him murdered?  That one's probably a little extreme.

5 minutes ago, xen said:

2nd franchise or transition tag next year.

Work out a contract that works for both sides. 

Take out a large insurance policy and have him murdered?  That one's probably a little extreme.

Franchise tag for WR this year is $18.4 Million.  I'm sure it will be north of $20M come next off season.  I just don't see Veach nor should he, pay $20M+ to Hardman for 1 season.  Transition tag this year would be like $16 or so million so thats not cheap either.

YES they could work out a contract that works for both sides but I just don't see that happening as Veach won't over pay.

Third option is probably best BUT still wouldn't help with cap space hahaha

39 minutes ago, Balto said:

Franchise tag for WR this year is $18.4 Million.  I'm sure it will be north of $20M come next off season.  I just don't see Veach nor should he, pay $20M+ to Hardman for 1 season.  Transition tag this year would be like $16 or so million so thats not cheap either.

YES they could work out a contract that works for both sides but I just don't see that happening as Veach won't over pay.

Third option is probably best BUT still wouldn't help with cap space hahaha

Sorry I lost track of all your trade scenarios and thought we were talking bout OBJ even though now that i look it was clearly hardman.  My bad.  Carry on.

2 hours ago, Balto said:

I'm not a Veach mind-reader or method analyzer.  I merely think Hardman will do well this year, be used a lot, and increase his value on the market.  At that point, the front office will have to decide if picks are more valuable than keeping him.  It depends totally on how many of our hoped for young players pan out, especially in the receiving corp. I don't think Veach has any formed plan or basis for forming a plan until we see how guys do.  I only know that first-contract guys will always be preferred, in order to pay Mahomes, the playmakers, and the developing stars on O and D both.  As long as we have a championship window, we might as well get used to the reality that popular and major players will always be either let go into FA or traded for draft picks.  We will have three great years separated by one relatively weaker year, just like the Patriots did.

19 hours ago, Balto said:

I don't mind Hardman at all but I just don't see anyway he gets resigned and some team will offer him more than Veach.  Hardman will need to have a Pro Bowl level year to get us a high comp pick and of course thats no guarantee because Veach might sign another FA to offset Hardman.

If Veach can get a 3rd or better for Hardman he needs to do it ASAP.  I think Fisher is a great example of why a team should trade a player a year early rather than when its to late.

I think I missed the Chicago thing.  I personally would not trade for Quinn.  He's fools gold and due for regression.  His pressure rate was actually lower than Frank Clarks', which suggest he won't repeat that (high pressure rate year over year is more indicative of a consistent sack artist, whereas low pressure high sacks almost always regresses to the mean, and is usually not reproducable year over year).  You'd be buying high on an old pass rusher who's very close to showing his age.  Check through his career and you'll see he's as likely to produce a low sack year as a high one.  Me no likey.