McKinnon Back On 1 Year Deal

17 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

yes, its all coming together.

mckinnon back for the playoff run, gore and a random rookie to take a beating during the regular season.

some dumb team suffers a devasting injury during camp and decides to give up too high a draft pick for either CEH or rojo. yessssssss

CEH would pass thru waivers unclaimed.

On 6/14/2022 at 3:17 PM, AFCWEST said:

CEH would pass thru waivers unclaimed.

Don't agree  CEH needs to stay healthy and be used properly.  He could have a decent year, not worth his draft position, but acceptable as the #1 RB.  Like Fortson and Saunders, I'm hoping for a breakout.  The question is who makes the roster at RB.  Three plus a FB seems to be the limit on the active roster so Gore, Pacheko (sp?),  Ely, and RoJo are all in danger of being cut.  

18 hours ago, jetlord said:

Don't agree  CEH needs to stay healthy and be used properly.  He could have a decent year, not worth his draft position, but acceptable as the #1 RB.  Like Fortson and Saunders, I'm hoping for a breakout.  The question is who makes the roster at RB.  Three plus a FB seems to be the limit on the active roster so Gore, Pacheko (sp?),  Ely, and RoJo are all in danger of being cut.  

My comment was based on trade value not what he may do this season. If put on waivers I think he would clear waivers. Teams dont value average RBs. Now I hope he kicks butt. If only Reid will run the ball. ROJO is not going to be cut. 

4 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

My comment was based on trade value not what he may do this season. If put on waivers I think he would clear waivers. Teams dont value average RBs. Now I hope he kicks butt. If only Reid will run the ball. ROJO is not going to be cut. 

Yeah it would be interesting for sure to see if he was claimed, i dont know exactly how cap hit works on waiver claims, but for example ceh has cap hits of around 3 mil for the next 2 seasons

darrell williams has a cap hit of 1 mil on his new deal with the cardinals.

so to your point, its hard to imagine a team taking on the contract of ceh when you can snag guys like williams off the street who are as good if not better for a third of the price.

20 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

If only Reid will run the ball. ROJO is not going to be cut. 

On RPO's, isn't the choice of run or pass the QB's?  I have been thinking the under-use of running was because Mahomes is a classic gunslinger and chooses that too much, not because of Reid. Otherwise, yes.  With our new O-line, we should be running a lot more and create a lot more third and shorts. Humphrey and those guys can open up some big lanes.  That is Orlando Brown's biggest talent right now also. It would also neutralize the great pass rushers that the AFC west has. It would give them pause so to speak.

7 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

On RPO's, isn't the choice of run or pass the QB's?  I have been thinking the under-use of running was because Mahomes is a classic gunslinger and chooses that too much, not because of Reid. Otherwise, yes.  With our new O-line, we should be running a lot more and create a lot more third and shorts. Humphrey and those guys can open up some big lanes.  That is Orlando Brown's biggest talent right now also. It would also neutralize the great pass rushers that the AFC west has. It would give them pause so to speak.

If an RPO concept is run correctly the choice is made by the defender they're keying on nnot necessarily the QB.  If they drop in coverage they can't fill rush lanes and vice versa.  The QB just has to read this and the play proceeds accordingly.  

9 hours ago, xen said:

If an RPO concept is run correctly the choice is made by the defender they're keying on nnot necessarily the QB.  If they drop in coverage they can't fill rush lanes and vice versa.  The QB just has to read this and the play proceeds accordingly.  

The QB is still making the decision, not the coach.  That was the point.  It is really not Reid's call.  And to think that QB's decisions are made solely by the defense is wrong.  The defense tries to cover both options if possible and give a deceptive look, and the QB's own abilities flavors his decisions.  He is not captive to the defense without choice in the matter. If what you are saying is right, then why would Mahomes be choosing pass an excess amount of the time, even though defenses know that his abilities lie in the pass primarily?  You know much more football than I do, but what you are saying doesn't seem to acknowledge that QB preferences play a part in the rapid decisions.

2 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

The QB is still making the decision, not the coach.  That was the point.  It is really not Reid's call.  And to think that QB's decisions are made solely by the defense is wrong.  The defense tries to cover both options if possible and give a deceptive look, and the QB's own abilities flavors his decisions.  He is not captive to the defense without choice in the matter. If what you are saying is right, then why would Mahomes be choosing pass an excess amount of the time, even though defenses know that his abilities lie in the pass primarily?  You know much more football than I do, but what you are saying doesn't seem to acknowledge that QB preferences play a part in the rapid decisions.

Reread my response:

"If an RPO concept is run correctly"...

I didn't give an opinion on why mahomes makes a particular decision as it is impossible to tell without being in the room.  

Personally i do not think it's an issue.  Mahomes typically makes good decisions.

Our problems last year were more related to lack of reliable options past Kelce and Hill.

4 hours ago, xen said:

I didn't give an opinion on why mahomes makes a particular decision as it is impossible to tell without being in the room.  

Personally i do not think it's an issue.  Mahomes typically makes good decisions.

Our problems last year were more related to lack of reliable options past Kelce and Hill.

And the obvious game plan that helped the defense focus only on those two guys. 

On 6/18/2022 at 9:24 AM, xen said:

Our playcalling seemed to be a bit stifled at times. Not sure why. It wasn't poor execution... they just looked like they were playing into the defense's hands. That second half vs cincy was a complete debacle. Really hope they are studying and understanding the adjustments cincy made. Eerie reminder of the SB vs Tampa.

1 hour ago, mex said:

Our playcalling seemed to be a bit stifled at times. Not sure why. It wasn't poor execution... they just looked like they were playing into the defense's hands. That second half vs cincy was a complete debacle. Really hope they are studying and understanding the adjustments cincy made. Eerie reminder of the SB vs Tampa.

Very true.