Will Mahommes struggle without Hill?

When Tyreek Hill was traded, I was shocked and I was a little concerned  I thought that the Chiefs screwed up. We then got MVS and Juju . Drafted Skye Moore. Gordon returning and Ross added as a free agent plus still having Kelce, Fortson and Gray. Our Offensive line is fantastic, so if we choose to run, we can.  Let's not forget that we have Mahomes.  We have a much more diverse offense now. Last year if you limited Kelce and Hill, you could give the Chiefs problems. There simply was not much of a threat otherwise. Hill is fantastic. He was a big part of the offense, but we depended on the big play so much , it became a huge problem when teams decided to take that away. Moving away from Hill willallow theteam to evolve into a truly frightening offense. In hindsight, we made the tight move. After all the comments Hill has made, I think it had to be done. I think he is going g to learn quickly, that he was really fortunate ate to have a QB like Mahomes and when Mahomes throws for 6000 yards this year, he is going to be feeling stupid for the thing he has said when he is watching Chiefs play in the post season and he is sitting at home.

I agree and honestly think Veach was VERY HAPPY when he got the call from Hill's agent about them needing more money.  

Mahomes has great numbers in games when Hill didn't play and I agree that while Hill is a top 3 WR in the NFL Mahomes knew that as well and forced throws to him because of it.  Mahomes and the O will be just fine.

Mahomes and KC will be fine without Hill and Hill will do ok without Mahomes.  He had a good year with Alex Smith so i think he still gets his stats.  

He will never admit it publicly but i think he will miss the spotlight, playing damn near half the games in prime time or being the nationally televised afternoon games.   Even though his stats might not suffer he will miss having a QB that rip a teams heart with just 13 seconds left.  He will miss knowing he has a QB that the team is never out of the game.  The deep playoff runs contending for division year n and year out cause Miami isn't ovettaking Buffalo.  Knowing that damn every year is a SB year.   I think at some point when reality of those things not being there and he starts missing them he will ask himself was the extra money worth it.   

2 minutes ago, Okiechief1 said:

Mahomes and KC will be fine without Hill and Hill will do ok without Mahomes.  He had a good year with Alex Smith so i think he still gets his stats.  

He will never admit it publicly but i think he will miss the spotlight, playing damn near half the games in prime time or being the nationally televised afternoon games.   Even though his stats might not suffer he will miss having a QB that rip a teams heart with just 13 seconds left.  He will miss knowing he has a QB that the team is never out of the game.  The deep playoff runs contending for division year n and year out cause Miami isn't ovettaking Buffalo.  Knowing that damn every year is a SB year.   I think at some point when reality of those things not being there and he starts missing them he will ask himself was the extra money worth it.   

He's gotta wonder if those few extra million bucks are worth a chance at more SBs plus maybe a Gold Jacket.

1 hour ago, Balto said:

He's gotta wonder if those few extra million bucks are worth a chance at more SBs plus maybe a Gold Jacket.

I think most players dont care as much about winning as they say. They are focused on their brand, bank accounts and celebrity career after football. Fans care more about winning than the majority of players. Its show me the money.

2 hours ago, Docbarnabee said:

When Tyreek Hill was traded, I was shocked and I was a little concerned  I thought that the Chiefs screwed up. We then got MVS and Juju . Drafted Skye Moore. Gordon returning and Ross added as a free agent plus still having Kelce, Fortson and Gray. Our Offensive line is fantastic, so if we choose to run, we can.  Let's not forget that we have Mahomes.  We have a much more diverse offense now. Last year if you limited Kelce and Hill, you could give the Chiefs problems. There simply was not much of a threat otherwise. Hill is fantastic. He was a big part of the offense, but we depended on the big play so much , it became a huge problem when teams decided to take that away. Moving away from Hill willallow theteam to evolve into a truly frightening offense. In hindsight, we made the tight move. After all the comments Hill has made, I think it had to be done. I think he is going g to learn quickly, that he was really fortunate ate to have a QB like Mahomes and when Mahomes throws for 6000 yards this year, he is going to be feeling stupid for the thing he has said when he is watching Chiefs play in the post season and he is sitting at home.

Agree with your post but surprised you didn't mention Hardman. I think he'll break out this year

I honestly don’t think Hill will regret it. He has his ring has put up the stats that has led to a big pay day. He definitely has a Miami vibe/personality that fits him. I still believe as long as he’s healthy he will put up good numbers albeit lesser than he has in Kc.

one thing I thought about on this trade, will Hill be a good guy off the field? I mean he goes back to friends and family etc in Miami, will he get caught up in any drama? I always worried about that in KC and he did have that stigma against him. He did though, to his credit, do very well even with the baby mama drama that went on. I think the bigger glitz and shit in Miami though might tempt him a bit more. We will see, and I hope not for him on it.

I'm with the opinion that Hill going to  the Phins is better for Patrick and his development  as a QB.  1 of his 2 safety blankets is gone. Should be interesting. He may struggle a bit in the beginning but as the year progresses he will find his mojo with the Wrs.  I'm not expecting a wham bam season anyway  but it is the way of things.

I think the Chiefs' offense will struggle a little bit early but Mahoes will adjust to the reality of four or five targets during this season.  The Chiefs long term are better off.  They saved tons of cap space, got McDuffie and Moore plus others, and added variety to the offensive options.  I liked the deal.  After the draft I liked it a lot more. 

Hill is about Hill. Always has been. I’d rather have a more complete WR corp than counting on one man. Whether the unit we have is that will be determined. Hill will probably score a TD in Miami and blow his achilles doing a stupid flip in the endzone. I worry about that with him here and hope that crap is done now.

I personally don’t think it will make much of a difference.  Mahomes has been pretty good at spreading the ball around. Even some 2nd and 3rd tier receivers put up good numbers in the last few years.  Those wr’s left and they won’t put the same numbers up.  Mahomes will be great. The chiefs will be great.