NFL Sunday ticket heading to streaming

1 hour ago, xen said:

lol.  Yes but some of us would like to see the games.

Damn, 300 bucks. It would be way cheaper for me to go to a bar and watch KC and any other game I wanted to watch. 

I don't live in the KC area so thankfully the Chiefs get a lot of nationally televised games.

19 hours ago, Thegoatee said:

Directv will be officially dead. I’ve been without it the last two years. KC has been good enough that they are on TV at least 1/3 of the games and Red Zone is okay. I will definitely seek it out though when it is an internet streaming option.

I had Sunday ticket and Direct TV for years. I've now been without both for years and don't miss it. I have the streaming service NFL gameday and that's starting to not be worth it, as the price keeps creeping up and the service is getting worse. 

Agree about the Chiefs being good. They're on TV way more now, then when I had Sunday ticket. 

4 hours ago, qnet said:

I had Sunday ticket and Direct TV for years. I've now been without both for years and don't miss it. I have the streaming service NFL gameday and that's starting to not be worth it, as the price keeps creeping up and the service is getting worse. 

Agree about the Chiefs being good. They're on TV way more now, then when I had Sunday ticket. 

I don't see the problem.  Any time I've been out of town when the Chiefs play and they're not on national TV, I just find the nearest Hooters.  Problem solved from several aspects.  

4 hours ago, qnet said:

Being in Florida though, I’d rarely see them on Sundays until Mahomes. Always get stuck with Tampa, Jacksonville, and Miami.

On 7/10/2022 at 7:07 PM, Thegoatee said:

Directv will be officially dead. I’ve been without it the last two years. KC has been good enough that they are on TV at least 1/3 of the games and Red Zone is okay. I will definitely seek it out though when it is an internet streaming option.

I had DTV and Sunday Ticket ~ 2000 - 2013, when I cut the cord for good. Haven't missed it a bit. No idea how much money I saved but it's in the thousands of dollars. 

9 hours ago, azchief21 said:

My son and I split the NFL ticket cost. We used to go to a bar together. Definitely more expensive at the saloon. And in PHX, the Chiefs were always on the small screen with no sound. We'll split the stream and and he'll keep coming over to watch from our superstitious seats.  One of my favorite things is hanging out with my son watching Chiefs games. 

it's worth the money just for that

17 hours ago, azchief21 said:

My son and I split the NFL ticket cost. We used to go to a bar together. Definitely more expensive at the saloon. And in PHX, the Chiefs were always on the small screen with no sound. We'll split the stream and and he'll keep coming over to watch from our superstitious seats.  One of my favorite things is hanging out with my son watching Chiefs games. 

Bring him to KC for a few.  My son and I did "guy trips" a number of times and there's not one I regret or feel that it was a waste of money.  

1 minute ago, jetlord said:

Bring him to KC for a few.  My son and I did "guy trips" a number of times and there's not one I regret or feel that it was a waste of money.  

While i agree, 1 or 2 tickets about the same cost for access to the whole season with Sunday ticket, depending on where u sit.

12 minutes ago, jetlord said:

We did a few years ago. We actually flew into Cleveland, went to the RR HOF then down to the FB HOF and wandered around Amish country. Then flew to KC. Toured the WWI Museum, the Arabia Steamboat and ate at 3 BBQ places. Then watched Chiefs beat Saints w/ Sorenson getting a pick 6. An epic Father/Son journey. Beautiful weather, tailgate and great fanbase. Arrowhead was amazing. Especially with the W. We need to get back!

3 hours ago, azchief21 said:

We did a few years ago. We actually flew into Cleveland, went to the RR HOF then down to the FB HOF and wandered around Amish country. Then flew to KC. Toured the WWI Museum, the Arabia Steamboat and ate at 3 BBQ places. Then watched Chiefs beat Saints w/ Sorenson getting a pick 6. An epic Father/Son journey. Beautiful weather, tailgate and great fanbase. Arrowhead was amazing. Especially with the W. We need to get back!

We are doing a stadium tour next month.  Gonna hit the WWI museum and Boulevard Brewing.  JackStacks and Q39 also.  I will have earned it after driving all of the way to bumfuk Nebraska.  Hitting KC on the way back.

10 minutes ago, SEMO said:

We are doing a stadium tour next month.  Gonna hit the WWI museum and Boulevard Brewing.  JackStacks and Q39 also.  I will have earned it after driving all of the way to bumfuk Nebraska.  Hitting KC on the way back.

Went to Nebraska on a biz trip years ago. You will have earned it. WWI Museum is awesome. We hit JackStacks, Q39 & Joe's. 

I would prefer that they did the streaming but still let DTV offer it.  I have had the Ticket since it started.  I typically won't start watching the game until at least an hour into the game so I can fast forward through the commercials.  When the games are on at a time when I am at work, I can set to record and watch it when I get home.  The hardest part is staying away from sources whereI might get results before I start watching.  I also have some good games saved to my DVR.  Hopefully you will be able to stream games after they are over if you are a ticket subscriber.

3 hours ago, nmchiefsfan said:

I would prefer that they did the streaming but still let DTV offer it.  I have had the Ticket since it started.  I typically won't start watching the game until at least an hour into the game so I can fast forward through the commercials.  When the games are on at a time when I am at work, I can set to record and watch it when I get home.  The hardest part is staying away from sources whereI might get results before I start watching.  I also have some good games saved to my DVR.  Hopefully you will be able to stream games after they are over if you are a ticket subscriber.

If you want to wait until games are over NFL gamepass would be cheaper