Screw Orlando Brown

23 minutes ago, THEWIZARD said:

So what did I say that isn't factual? You are basing your opinion of this guy based on skewed pff grades, and you flatly refuse to look at the big picture. And the other poster is right, you continue beat that dead horse.

Once again, get away from your obviously biased opinion and look at that big picture.

you are the one who isn't getting it. i dont care about PFF grades. i think PFF went to feces a couple years ago. i just put them there as a reference because thats what most people go by. you are the one beating a dead horse by only being argumentative. 

1 minute ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

you are the one who isn't getting it. i dont care about PFF grades. i think PFF went to feces a couple years ago. i just put them there as a reference because thats what most people go by. you are the one beating a dead horse by only being argumentative. 

For someone that doesn't care about  pff grades you sure use them as a reference a lot.

Obviously you don't understand the meaning of beating a dead horse.

13 minutes ago, THEWIZARD said:

For someone that doesn't care about  pff grades you sure use them as a reference a lot.

You may also be beating a dead horse. LOL 

58 minutes ago, THEWIZARD said:

Well when you come up with other options to list let me know. Because there is the eyeball test, and stats. If I post a stat you say its not indicative of reality. If i talk about what my eyes see you say i am wrong.

it’s clearly a no win situation with you. And with that i will choose to distance myself from you for the time being when my only intention was to have a healthy discussion 

18 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Well when you come up with other options to list let me know. Because there is the eyeball test, and stats. If I post a stat you say its not indicative of reality. If i talk about what my eyes see you say i am wrong.

it’s clearly a no win situation with you. And with that i will choose to distance myself from you for the time being when my only intention was to have a healthy discussion 

Just like the rest of your posts this has gotten incredibly redundant. Carry on with your "healthy discussion".

On 5/21/2022 at 10:49 PM, CranjisMcbasketball said:

But he passed the eyeball test as well. It was extremely clear the guy was improving as the season went along but you kept talking about him getting beat by bendy edge rushers.

Maybe you honestly felt that way. But you aren't going to convince anyone here that you are now being open minded and willing to have a 2 way dialogue. 

You ripped Brown a new asshole all year, and then again in the playoffs.

2 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

But he passed the eyeball test as well. It was extremely clear the guy was improving as the season went along but you kept talking about him getting beat by bendy edge rushers.

Maybe you honestly felt that way. But you aren't going to convince anyone here that you are now being open minded and willing to have a 2 way dialogue. 

You ripped Brown a new asshole all year, and then again in the playoffs.

All that is true, but I haven’t ripped on brown in over a month, or in this thread at all. This is what is baffling me about the replies people are sending me.

makes me think people just arguing for the sake of arguing 

I guess to be more clear, people know my opinion, im not trying to change anyone’s mind.

the reason I wondered if other people have new opinions on brown is because it seems to me local sports radio narrative is changing, namely petro.

most of the sports radio hosts seem to think yeah he is a decent player but contract demands seem to be unreasonable from what they are hearing.

based on that i was curious if opinions were changing. Thats not being open to two way discussions or whatever, im genuinely curious 

18 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Every player that has outlandish contract negotiations will come down to earth or be gone really. If Brown is asking 25 to 30 mil.....bye bye. Tag him again next year and work out a trade then. Worse we get imo is a 3rd round comp if it did not work out.

Yea..I don't know if 25 - 30 Mil is tops in the league, but Brown is not worth that! 

I am a Orlando Brown critic, BUT, I would be willing to keep him and pay him what he's worth....He is not a top 10 Tackle. Top 15 MAYBE.

5 minutes ago, xen said:

Shifting the conversation, what do y'all think would be a fair contract to player and team for OBJ.

Four years, $75 million, $55 million guaranteed.  (three years)  Just a starting guess.   I think Brown is at least average now with upside at LT.  A replacement would cost $$$ and draft capitol that should be used for the D line.  Back load his contract enough to afford Dunlap this fall.  

26 minutes ago, jetlord said:

$22 million/year?  The Chiefs just escaped cap issues this winter.  Why go right back there? 

You are basically at 19 million.  It doesn't seem like 3 million extra at a premium position is the difference between cap problems and not cap problems.  

1 hour ago, reesebobby said:

You are basically at 19 million.  It doesn't seem like 3 million extra at a premium position is the difference between cap problems and not cap problems.  

True.  The guarantees are the problem.  How much of that $110 million will have to be paid out?  Like Hitchens or Clark, it's not the current pay that's the issue, it's the dead money if things don't work out.  If Brown turns into a long term top ten LT, then the Chiefs will have to pay him.  If he doesn't, they don't need to be on the hook for $20 million+ down the road.

2 hours ago, arrowhead said:

The cap goes up and that will be a bargain in 3 years. You're short sighted. 

You still cant sign unlimited guys at 20 million just cause the caps up and MAY be a good deal 3 years from not. Also could be Clark or Watkins or Berry.

33 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

You still cant sign unlimited guys at 20 million just cause the caps up and MAY be a good deal 3 years from not. Also could be Clark or Watkins or Berry.

Who are the unlimited guys? The Chiefs will have multiple draft picks playing on rookie contracts for years. That's what a good draft does. Multiple draft picks next year. I don't see the cap being a problem.

Sign Brown and you have OLine continuity for years. You won't sign anybody else cheaper. You don't offer a solution, just hand wringing.

32 minutes ago, arrowhead said:

Who are the unlimited guys? The Chiefs will have multiple draft picks playing on rookie contracts for years. That's what a good draft does. Multiple draft picks next year. I don't see the cap being a problem.

Sign Brown and you have OLine continuity for years. You won't sign anybody else cheaper. You don't offer a solution, just hand wringing.

In two/three years Creed will want to be paid top OC dollars.  Smith may expect top OG money.  Thuney is already getting top money.  Gay has two more years on his rookie deal and could be a top LB.  Sneed?  Same thing.  

You're being short sighted.  😄

48 minutes ago, arrowhead said:

Not Brown.