Screw Orlando Brown

22 minutes ago, jetlord said:

In two/three years Creed will want to be paid top OC dollars.  Smith may expect top OG money.  Thuney is already getting top money.  Gay has two more years on his rookie deal and could be a top LB.  Sneed?  Same thing.  

You're being short sighted.  😄

Shoulda would coulda. Everyone's gonna want top dollar. What's your point? 

Your MO is running scared. Being average is your goal. Fuck that.

5 minutes ago, arrowhead said:

You don't offer a solution. Just hand wringing. 

Whatever. I dont need to beat THAT SO CALLED DEAD HORSE. I hope he plays extremely well and gets a great contract. KEY: Plays extremely well. 

I think we are in a pretty good place in regards to big deals and their rotation.   Thuney will come off the books when Creed needs to be paid.  CJ will be off the books when we need to pay a DE top money.   Kelce will be done when we need to pay a WR top money.  Frank will be gone next year.   Next year we will have reduced our big ticket players significantly in preparation for the next wave of big ticket players.   Having a lot of draft picks again next year will help us solidify a cheap and young roster for the next 4-5 years. 

We can pay OBJ 5/100-110 and still be in good shape.  

1 hour ago, arrowhead said:

Shoulda would coulda. Everyone's gonna want top dollar. What's your point? 

Your MO is running scared. Being average is your goal. Fuck that.

Wrong, oh overrated one.  My goal would be to be competitive for many years with a reasonable chance for the SB.  Paying too many top dollar and a few wasted with dead money is a formula for a one year push and problems down the road.  We saw several choices for instant starters pass by this winter because the Chiefs didn't have the cap room to grab that obvious upgrade.  The Patriot formula works.  Draft well, don't overpay vets, and go for FAs to fill sure needs.  Giving Brown a top contract only makes sense if it's one they can get out of if he doesn't mature into a consistent pro bowl tackle.  $110 million for five years is lunacy.  Better to tag him twice and risk paying more down the road than to lock in a contract that will bite in a couple of years. 

23 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Obj’s last play was a snapped acl after he just got back to full speed from a previous snapped acl.

i don’t think you can give him more than 2 year deals at this point, more likely 1 year deals in the 10 mil a year or less range

Agree.  He has only played two full seasons in his career.  Lots of injuries.  Plus, I just don't like him.

Any GM that gives him more than two years is an idiot.

I have gone on record predicting KC will ad a LT in free agency or draft a LT next season letting Brown walk. Yes I get grief but its just a prediction. May be more appetizing with this revelation?   

Orlando Brown, seeking new agent, is about to make a big request of the Kansas City Chiefs | OutKick

Because Orlando Brown Jr. wants to become the highest paid left tackle in the NFL, according to a league source. And there are some issues with that, not the least of which is quite fundamental.

“He’s still working to get an agent, is what he’s doing,” Chiefs coach Andy Reid said Thursday. “He’s interviewing these different people. Once he gets that taken care of, we’ll be able to roll. I know he’s working out down in Florida, so he is getting his workouts in.”

At least one of those agent interviews included the discussion of how to get a deal that would potentially make Brown the highest paid player at his position and get him the highest guaranteed money any tackle has gotten, the source told OutKick.

So what does that mean?

Well, the highest paid left tackle in the NFL right now is Trent Williams of the San Francisco 49ers. He signed a six-year deal worth in excess of $138 million that averages $23 million per season, according to overthecap.com. Williams got $45.1 million in guaranteed money.

Green Bay’s David Bakhtiari in 2020 signed a four-year extension worth $92 million that also averages $23 million per season, per overthecap.com. Bakhtiari got $30 million in guaranteed money.

And it should be noted when Ronnie Stanley signed his five-year extension with the Baltimore Ravens, he got $64 million in guaranteed money on a $98.75 million deal..

17 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

I have gone on record predicting KC will ad a LT in free agency or draft a LT next season letting Brown walk. Yes I get grief but its just a prediction. May be more appetizing with this revelation?   

Orlando Brown, seeking new agent, is about to make a big request of the Kansas City Chiefs | OutKick

Because Orlando Brown Jr. wants to become the highest paid left tackle in the NFL, according to a league source. And there are some issues with that, not the least of which is quite fundamental.

“He’s still working to get an agent, is what he’s doing,” Chiefs coach Andy Reid said Thursday. “He’s interviewing these different people. Once he gets that taken care of, we’ll be able to roll. I know he’s working out down in Florida, so he is getting his workouts in.”

At least one of those agent interviews included the discussion of how to get a deal that would potentially make Brown the highest paid player at his position and get him the highest guaranteed money any tackle has gotten, the source told OutKick.

So what does that mean?

Well, the highest paid left tackle in the NFL right now is Trent Williams of the San Francisco 49ers. He signed a six-year deal worth in excess of $138 million that averages $23 million per season, according to overthecap.com. Williams got $45.1 million in guaranteed money.

Green Bay’s David Bakhtiari in 2020 signed a four-year extension worth $92 million that also averages $23 million per season, per overthecap.com. Bakhtiari got $30 million in guaranteed money.

And it should be noted when Ronnie Stanley signed his five-year extension with the Baltimore Ravens, he got $64 million in guaranteed money on a $98.75 million deal..

interesting but asking and getting are 2 different things but if he acts like  as an entitled brat then your prediction very well make come true. I see no evidence he deserves such $$. 

10 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

interesting but asking and getting are 2 different things but if he acts like  as an entitled brat then your prediction very well make come true. I see no evidence he deserves such $$. 

Maybe KC is looking at a different approach. Letting the big contract guys go , unless they are extremely valuable to the team, conserving draft picks and keeping the roster fresh. It is hard to see why Kelce makes so much less than some of these other position guys. Maybe the NFL position pay scale thing will also start to become different. Kelce may be the most valuable Chief after Mahomes. Kelce is more valuable than Hill.  I know its an NFL thing. But seriously pay for value to the team vs position.

2 minutes ago, ClarksvilleChief said:

Watch Kinnard start doing a little work on the left side...

If he holds out I think they also give Thuney reps there. He played a good game at LT last year and KC has several decent guards now. 

I will wait to see what he actually signs for before i say to much.  I read pretty much the same article from the same source yesterday that said he had an agent despite a few days earlier Andy saying what he did in this article which they included today.  So I'm going to question the source on this one.  They may be prven right but for now huge grain of salt.  

I do believe he signs cause they didn't give up a first n 3rd only to let him go 2 years later.   They knew what they were getting into when they did it. They knew their would be growing pains.   Andy also knows the importance of cohesion within that unit so i think they will want to keep these guys together as long as possible and not have to tinker with the LT position and hope it works out next off season.  

1 minute ago, Okiechief1 said:

I will wait to see what he actually signs for before i say to much.  I read pretty much the same article from the same source yesterday that said he had an agent despite a few days earlier Andy saying what he did in this article which they included today.  So I'm going to question the source on this one.  They may be prven right but for now huge grain of salt.  

I do believe he signs cause they didn't give up a first n 3rd only to let him go 2 years later.   They knew what they were getting into when they did it. They knew their would be growing pains.   Andy also knows the importance of cohesion within that unit so i think they will want to keep these guys together as long as possible and not have to tinker with the LT position and hope it works out next off season.  

Yes grain of salt until we know for sure. Did KC not get a second round from Balt?

What if he holds out?

What if he does want the highest contract? 

Honest questions. How would you feel about that?

2 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Yes grain of salt until we know for sure. Did KC not get a second round from Balt?

What if he holds out?

What if he does want the highest contract? 

Honest questions. How would you feel about that?

Waiting to see how much is real and how much is asking for the moon as a negotiating ploy.  I don't see holding out this season as a good strategy for Brown  He needs to play, even if it's under the tag.  Brown got better at LT as the season progressed last year and better keep it going.

Just now, jetlord said:

Waiting to see how much is real and how much is asking for the moon as a negotiating ploy.  I don't see holding out this season as a good strategy for Brown  He needs to play, even if it's under the tag.  Brown got better at LT as the season progressed last year and better keep it going.

It may not be a good strategy but I think he will use it. We shall see. He has not signed the tag? He went from I just want to be a LT for Dad to I want to be the highest paid and most guaranteed. Reality for me is he is right tackle is his best position.

Do Packers need another WR?

Chiefs get:

Bakhtiari, OT

Packers get:

Brown, OT

Hardman, WR

Bak has injury concerns and high contract for them.  They get younger with Brown and can back load if needed.  They get Hardman too.  Pack save about $2M trading Bak after June 1st

KC gets top 3 LT in the NFL and without that bonus get him for cheaper than Brown.  Hardman is gone after this year anyways.

I think some of you need to learn how to read.  They haven't started negotiating due to lack of representation so he hasn't asked for anything yet.  The article posted said one of the agents pitched him on asking to be the highest paid (which i would expect at least 1 agent to do) but he's still interviewing agents.  Then the blogger speculated on the amount if that's the way it goes.

This is as far as we are right now.  Sure he may end up picking that agent and asking for the moon but it's anyone's guess right now.