Screw Orlando Brown

6 minutes ago, jetlord said:

I don't know Brown or what kind of team player he is, but it's troubling that he seems to me so concerned about #1.  He asked out of Baltimore because he wanted LT money.  He wants to be paid like #1 when it's questionable that he's in the top ten.  He hires an agent with no experience who likely promised him the moon.  Is Brown's motivation to be the top performer at LT and win a ring or is it all about himself and his paycheck?  I may be way off here, but I sense a danger that the Chiefs could lock themselves into a overpriced, long term contract with a player who will lose incentive once the deal is done. (Clark 2)   Memo to Veach:  Don't trade #1 picks to get players unless they're QBs. 

It is concerning.  He has mentioned not just this contract when considering hiring an agent, but his brand and life after football.  At 25, he should be focused on the present, you would think.

34 minutes ago, jetlord said:

I don't know Brown or what kind of team player he is, but it's troubling that he seems to me so concerned about #1.  He asked out of Baltimore because he wanted LT money.  He wants to be paid like #1 when it's questionable that he's in the top ten.  He hires an agent with no experience who likely promised him the moon.  Is Brown's motivation to be the top performer at LT and win a ring or is it all about himself and his paycheck?  I may be way off here, but I sense a danger that the Chiefs could lock themselves into a overpriced, long term contract with a player who will lose incentive once the deal is done. (Clark 2)   Memo to Veach:  Don't trade #1 picks to get players unless they're QBs. 

Well said, i love it when people articulate my thoughts better than i can

1 hour ago, SEMO said:

It is concerning.  He has mentioned not just this contract when considering hiring an agent, but his brand and life after football.  At 25, he should be focused on the present, you would think.

Life after football can happen in the blink of eye with it being such a violent sport.  One wrong hit at his knees and his career could be done.   Most guys at that age think they are bullet proof and think they have more time than they do.  At least he has a plan for life after football most guys don't seem to and have any idea what to do once the music stops and end up broke because they don't think of it.  

Mahomes is a good example of building a brand and building a life away from the field while still being focused in the present.  Both can still be done.  

3 hours ago, jetlord said:

Meh from everything I remember is that his motivation wasn't Money but the actually position of Left Tackle being more elite than Right Tackle.  So I'm sure, just like allplayers, he wants as much money as he can get but he did not leave Balt because of LT "Money" He left because they wanted to keep him at RT and he wanted to play LT.

I saw Brown's interview on I think NFL network and he did come across like he has all the leverage and that "KC Won't want to start the season with a backup LT" because the other AFC west teams stocked up on edge rushers.  

I mean he does have a point BUT he came across like FU Veach, give me my money or else.  

It almost makes me wanna jump on the ship this above avg LT and his smug attitude out of KC and show him and everyone else that we will be just fine without him.

The problem with that is......HAHA No one to really replace him ATM.  DAMMIT

1 hour ago, Balto said:

Meh from everything I remember is that his motivation wasn't Money but the actually position of Left Tackle being more elite than Right Tackle.  So I'm sure, just like allplayers, he wants as much money as he can get but he did not leave Balt because of LT "Money" He left because they wanted to keep him at RT and he wanted to play LT.

When he wanted out of Baltimore, didn't he make some statement that his dad told him to go for LT because that's where the most money is?  I'm not blaming anyone for wanting more money.  It's just that it seems to be the big focus for Brown.  Maybe he's just more obvious or vocal about it, but the Chiefs need to be careful about locking themselves into a bad deal. 

2 hours ago, jetlord said:

When he wanted out of Baltimore, didn't he make some statement that his dad told him to go for LT because that's where the most money is?  I'm not blaming anyone for wanting more money.  It's just that it seems to be the big focus for Brown.  Maybe he's just more obvious or vocal about it, but the Chiefs need to be careful about locking themselves into a bad deal. 

Probably so but I understood it as his Dad told him the best tackle played on the Left side and really wasn't a money issue but more of a pride of being the best issue.  Of course haha, LT typically gets paid more than a RT soooo

4 hours ago, Balto said:

So he said. Of course he knew the big money was on the left.

17 hours ago, Balto said:

Probably so but I understood it as his Dad told him the best tackle played on the Left side and really wasn't a money issue but more of a pride of being the best issue.  Of course haha, LT typically gets paid more than a RT soooo

Goes back to a promise he made to his dad as a kid and the way his dad seen the position of left v right.  He has said the same even while he was at OU.  So while yea money is an issue it wasn't his sole reason either, honoring his father by keeping that promise had quite a bit too do with it as well.  Alot of the reason he chose the agent he did was because they found common ground in the way his father passed (DKA) and the agent having a dad that deals with that stuff.  

I don't think Veech is going to make a "Frank Clark" type of mistake again..with OBJ. At least I hope.

OBJ is not a Top Tier LT. He knows that, Veech knows that and we all know that. He's above average at best..sometimes. That's how he should be paid. Load the damn contract with viable performance incentinves and let him earn his money. 

If he doesn't want to accept that,make him play on the franchise tag, then move on. Hell, Thuney looked better than him during his spot duty playing LT anyways....

1 hour ago, artsy said:

I don't think Veech is going to make a "Frank Clark" type of mistake again..with OBJ. At least I hope.

OBJ is not a Top Tier LT. He knows that, Veech knows that and we all know that. He's above average at best..sometimes. That's how he should be paid. Load the damn contract with viable performance incentinves and let him earn his money. 

If he doesn't want to accept that,make him play on the franchise tag, then move on. Hell, Thuney looked better than him during his spot duty playing LT anyways....

So would you have Thuney move to LT and Kinnard play OG?  I'm not convinced that Thuney playing a partial game in emergency last year is an indicator that he is a season long solution.  

5 minutes ago, jetlord said:

So would you have Thuney move to LT and Kinnard play OG?  I'm not convinced that Thuney playing a partial game in emergency last year is an indicator that he is a season long solution.  

Oh I agree with you, that was a very small sample size for Thuney. I guess what I'm trying to say is that we have other options regardless of what OBJ may think. And I hope that Veech is informing him of that. 

I don’t know how much stock to put in the PFF grade. 28th sounds much lower than I would grade him. They also said he was a much better pass blocker than a run blocker. That is inconsistent with the eye test for me. And inconsistent with his physical attributes. They have predicted at 23rd for the upcoming season. Again, I think that is very low.

1 hour ago, DieHard said:

I don’t know how much stock to put in the PFF grade. 28th sounds much lower than I would grade him. They also said he was a much better pass blocker than a run blocker. That is inconsistent with the eye test for me. And inconsistent with his physical attributes. They have predicted at 23rd for the upcoming season. Again, I think that is very low.

Agree.  Brown progressed throughout the season last year and has a lot of upside at LT at his age.  He's also supposedly working on foot speed this summer.  I'm assuming the PFF grade is based on the whole season and doesn't take into account the growth during the year. 

On 6/8/2022 at 7:20 AM, AFCWEST said:

Who do you pay?

Will Chris Jones be with the Kansas City Chiefs beyond the 2022 season? His current contract and Aaron Donald’s new deal create some big questions for Brett Veach.

Let’s get this out of the way: We all want interior defensive lineman Chris Jones to be a member of the Kansas City Chiefs in 2023 and beyond. However, the NFL is a business and sometimes that means teams have to make tough decisions that may or may not come back to bite them.

With Aaron Donald signing a new contract, making him the highest-paid non-QB in NFL history, a new contract for Jones just became exponentially more complicated.

The Salary Cap Situation

As previously stated, the NFL is a business, and the salary cap is a real factor when building a team. The cap for the 2022 NFL season is $208.2 million, while the Over The Cap is projecting the 2023 NFL cap ceiling to be $225 million.

Also according to Over The Cap, with the projected $225 million cap ceiling, the Chiefs are projected to have around $16 million in cap space for 2023 with approximately 42 roster spots taken (after Joshua Williams signs his rookie contract). Chris Jones’ 2023 cap hit is scheduled to be about $27.04 million, with $20 million of that being base salary and a workout bonus.

Because 2023 is the final year of Jones’ current contract, the Chiefs (next offseason) will be unable to restructure his contract to push money down the road to save cap $ immediately. The only realistic way the Chiefs can reduce his cap hit is to A.) Release him and save $20 million or, B.) Trade him and also save $20 million or, C.) Extend his contract beyond 2023 and save anywhere from $5-15 million on the 2023 cap. (That depends on how the new extension is structured.)

I feel like it’s safe to say that option C is the preferred choice among Chiefs fans, with option B being the next choice and option A as the last resort in case of a drastic decline in Jones’ level of play.

This article is off considering we can cut Frank Clark and save another 21 million according to Spotrac.  So 37 million is way different than 16.    Our problem is we can't find a very good DE to pair with Jones without paying through the nose.  Chances of us finding one next offseason will be the same.  For Jones to reach his potential he needs talent around him like Donald has had these last couple of years.  One player can be schemed around, 3 not so much.

36 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

This article is off considering we can cut Frank Clark and save another 21 million according to Spotrac.  So 37 million is way different than 16.    Our problem is we can't find a very good DE to pair with Jones without paying through the nose.  Chances of us finding one next offseason will be the same.  For Jones to reach his potential he needs talent around him like Donald has had these last couple of years.  One player can be schemed around, 3 not so much.

Jones is still the most dominating DT not named Aaron Donald.  Seth Keyser made some great points on RGR yesterday about him.  

1 hour ago, Balto said:

Thoughts?  Bears two major needs still are OL and WR

Bears get:

OBJ Jr, OT

Hardman, WR

Chiefs get:

2023 2nd

2023 4th

Robert Quinn, DE

Looks good to me

Why not throw in Chris Jones and our next 2 first round picks since we're looking to just give away valuable assets.

Clark Not Attending. This guy is just soaking KC for more money. Contract year motivation? LOL

But we are not aware of injuries (or excused absences) for Clark, Bell, Williams or Herring. We can expect that head coach Andy Reid will be asked about the status of all these players when he meets with reporters after Tuesday’s session.

26 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Clark Not Attending. This guy is just soaking KC for more money. Contract year motivation? LOL

But we are not aware of injuries (or excused absences) for Clark, Bell, Williams or Herring. We can expect that head coach Andy Reid will be asked about the status of all these players when he meets with reporters after Tuesday’s session.

court dates? but on another note my sis and family live in LA..came to visit KC in the Spring all got to LA with COVID had to get it on the plane and they all are over the top cautious. Shots,  mask, face shield, rubber glove type shit... moral of the story is Airline travel can be risky.

Will he really benefit? Hard to say

15 hours ago, Balto said:

Thoughts?  Bears two major needs still are OL and WR

Bears get:

OBJ Jr, OT

Hardman, WR

Chiefs get:

2023 2nd

2023 4th

Robert Quinn, DE

Looks good to me

Not that I want to trade anyone away at this point but if we are giving up a decent LT starter at this time of the year we should be getting at least one 1st in return. This is the time of the year when the value of the picks plummets. 

19 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2022/6/14/23167669/6-chiefs-players-counted-absent-for-opening-session-of-mandatory-minicamp?fbclid=IwAR0_SwsSThZsB9VLwCGQaCmg7B6UL3KEdQ2eUUuDnNL7ilVcCB6K1C9iZtM

UPDATE at 1:18 p.m. Following the practice session, the Chiefs said that Clark had been excused from Tuesday’s practice