Screw Orlando Brown

1 minute ago, Troyofoc said:

Sounds like he wants to be the highest paid guarantees, highest average paid per year. All the while not being a top 10 at his position. Also a contract that gives the chiefs no out on a 6 year contract. I agree fuck that.

yea Chiefs wanted an out and  they were not willing to give them one..smart move by Veach, he's been down that road.

And with the first pick of the 2023 NFL Draft the Chiefs pick  an LT after trading up.

2 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

yea Chiefs wanted an out and  they were not willing to give them one..smart move by Veach, he's been down that road.

And with the first pick of the 2023 NFL Draft the Chiefs pick  an LT after trading up.

I think they can franchise him again? If not I continue to see KC trade him , next off season, and sign a serviceable free agent or trade for a more affordable guy. 

1 minute ago, AFCWEST said:

I think they can franchise him again? If not I continue to see KC trade him , next off season, and sign a serviceable free agent or trade for a more affordable guy. 

Yup can tag 2 times before he’s a free agent. The second tag just goes up some in $.

11 minutes ago, Troyofoc said:

Yup can tag 2 times before he’s a free agent. The second tag just goes up some in $.

I think it's easy enough to predict there will not be a 2nd tag. if he aint happy now he wont be happy then and no reason to have an unhappy LT 

31 minutes ago, Troyofoc said:

Sounds like he wants to be the highest paid guarantees, highest average paid per year. All the while not being a top 10 at his position. Also a contract that gives the chiefs no out on a 6 year contract. I agree fuck that.

Yeah.  Probably too much guaranteed up front.  If he gets a career ending injury, that guaranteed money still gets paid and counts against the cap.  Only desperate, bad teams do that.  Which is why they remain bad.  Been there, done that.

let thuney play LT during camp, bring in a cheap vet like fisher or duane brown for an emergency policy if thuney or some of the young guys fail.

i seriously doubt having brown jr on the roster or not will make any difference in win total for the year.

admittedly if say for instance thuney got injured the line could get ugly, but sometimes you have to risk these things rather than making people the top payed players at their position when they are nowhere near that status

46 minutes ago, xen said:

Wow Veach playing hardball  like it. 8th best is probably right but 5 years  of security  at $18M? Thats not to be sneezed at. I feel Veach may have to pay more IF  he goes All Pro next year he maybe unaffordable. It's a gamble. I would not of been mad at $19+ a year.Wonder what the average of a top 5 LT is?

Edit : according to Over The Cap that'd make him #6 overall

https://overthecap.com/position/left-tackle

At this point I would look to trade brown. His new agent ain’t worth the hassle. 

Seattle- brown. 
they get their mailing tackle Carol wants

chiefs-

2nd round pick. 
4th round pick. 
Abraham Lucas. 
Lucas is a superb pass blocking tackle with the size and length Reid likes. 
Lucas, Niang, Kinnard, Wylie, and Christian can battle for the tackle spots. We can grab aLT in next years draft if none are going to be seen as the future there. But there is talent there to develop. And e we don’t handcuffs us with salary

4 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Wow Veach playing hardball  like it. 8th best is probably right but 5 years  of security  at $18M? Thats not to be sneezed at. I feel Veach may have to pay more IF  he goes All Pro next year he maybe unaffordable. It's a gamble. I would not of been mad at $19+ a year.Wonder what the average of a top 5 LT is?

Edit : according to Over The Cap that'd make him #6 overall

https://overthecap.com/position/left-tackle

I would have been ok at $20 million a year. Putting him right above Stanley. But not much more

2 minutes ago, Troyofoc said:

Trent Williams granted older but definitely a better player has a contract with his last year at 33 mil and 0 cap hit if cut. Also at the time of signing was bye many the top tackle in the league.

Funny how brown and his agent think he is better than that. 

I know there is another post about negotiations, but nobody is gonna read all that...

image.thumb.png.a1e98e56acb18aceec302193c00fae7f.png

Dude got what he wanted...  highest paid LT in the league as well as largest LT contract in the league....  and he turned it down

As far as i'm concerned, sign Eric Fisher and trade him, or tag him again next year and make him suffer.  

To be honest I'm kind of ashamed that the Chiefs even gave him that kind of offer.  Desperation is not a good look...  

Per pff.  I know everyone doesn’t like pff.

23. Orlando Brown Jr., Kansas City Chiefs

Browns’ success in pass protection with the Ravens came with the caveat that defenses have to alter how they rush the passer against Lamar Jackson, as pass-rushers are often tasked with containing Jackson rather than flushing him from the pocket. 

Brown had to make adjustments in Kansas City after some early-season struggles, notably in Week 1 against Myles Garrett, but he settled in as the season progressed. The 6-foot-8, 345-pound tackle out of Oklahoma finished the year with a 74.4 PFF pass-blocking grade — the lowest of his career but still a respectable mark. 

He projects as a good, not great, starter for Kansas City, which makes the upcoming contract negotiation between the two sides an interesting one to follow.