Screw Orlando Brown

1 minute ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

sounds like the chiefs offered a MORE than fair deal and he turned it down. time to move on.

see if some team wants to trade for brown for a 2nd and get on with life.

The contract wasn't as lucrative as first reported. It was a couple million more than the franchise tag.

I seriously doubt they trade him. They'll play him under the tag and see if he proves himself. 

2 hours ago, robgar said:

and actually really the highest paid, not just on paper.. we have an agent that thinks he is gonna get real money ... in the 20 million a year range.. 

the agent is gonna need to settle for less overall money.. on the paperwork.. in order to get, him more real money in his pocket.. 

A 26 year old kid getting less than 20 million dollars?  What has the world come to?

Cry me a river.

7 hours ago, Troyofoc said:
Per pff.  I know everyone doesn’t like pff.

23. Orlando Brown Jr., Kansas City Chiefs

Browns’ success in pass protection with the Ravens came with the caveat that defenses have to alter how they rush the passer against Lamar Jackson, as pass-rushers are often tasked with containing Jackson rather than flushing him from the pocket. 

Brown had to make adjustments in Kansas City after some early-season struggles, notably in Week 1 against Myles Garrett, but he settled in as the season progressed. The 6-foot-8, 345-pound tackle out of Oklahoma finished the year with a 74.4 PFF pass-blocking grade — the lowest of his career but still a respectable mark. 

He projects as a good, not great, starter for Kansas City, which makes the upcoming contract negotiation between the two sides an interesting one to follow.

Some only like PFF if it supports their view. Fact is Brown is above average and not elite. Geez KC did everything possible to help him look good. Run blocking is important except KC does not and will not focus on a run game as long as Reid is HC. 

10 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

Some only like PFF if it supports their view. Fact is Brown is above average and not elite. Geez KC did everything possible to help him look good. Run blocking is important except KC does not and will not focus on a run game as long as Reid is HC. 

Honorable mentions

Orlando Brown Jr., Kansas City Chiefs: Brown made his third career Pro Bowl in his fourth NFL season, his first as a full-time left tackle after a trade from Baltimore to Kansas City. He ranked first in run block win rate (80.6%) among tackles with at least 600 snaps played. Evaluators are still torn on him, though. “Against average competition, he’ll dominate,” an NFL personnel director said. “Against good competition, he doesn’t look good. He’s big, not super athletic. Finds a way most weeks.” A quick passing game helps him, and asking him to play in space for extended periods can be an issue. His pass block win rate last season (87.1%) was outside the top 40 at the position. A high-ranking NFL exec said, “To me, he’s a right tackle. He’s a mauler, a little lazy in his play.”

13 hours ago, THEWIZARD said:

The contract wasn't as lucrative as first reported. It was a couple million more than the franchise tag.

I seriously doubt they trade him. They'll play him under the tag and see if he proves himself. 

It's a gamble to be sure. If he gets All Pro Status he could  become incredibly expensive. I'm not sure just making a Pro Bowl is considered as prestigious as it once was.

1 hour ago, AFCWEST said:

Honorable mentions

Orlando Brown Jr., Kansas City Chiefs: Brown made his third career Pro Bowl in his fourth NFL season, his first as a full-time left tackle after a trade from Baltimore to Kansas City. He ranked first in run block win rate (80.6%) among tackles with at least 600 snaps played. Evaluators are still torn on him, though. “Against average competition, he’ll dominate,” an NFL personnel director said. “Against good competition, he doesn’t look good. He’s big, not super athletic. Finds a way most weeks.” A quick passing game helps him, and asking him to play in space for extended periods can be an issue. His pass block win rate last season (87.1%) was outside the top 40 at the position. A high-ranking NFL exec said, “To me, he’s a right tackle. He’s a mauler, a little lazy in his play.”

links to these articles you post would be helpful

He would make a fine right tackle, no doubt.  Imagine that!  Maybe the Ravens were on to something. It is really interesting to read this fine analysis from last November. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/chiefs/gm-report/lt-orlando-brown-jr-is-earning-a-massive-payday-with-the-kc-chiefs

Possibly the only problem is trying to convince this guy to finally realize that, yes, he was physically made to be a right tackle and might as well accept it and accept that he should be paid like one. He will eventually.  I hope it is with the Chiefs, because he really is a good "big man" for the right side, like Mitch Schwartz was. I think Veach and crew are in the early stages of a massive hunt for a truly great left tackle for 2023 and beyond.

2 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

He would make a fine right tackle, no doubt.  Imagine that!  Maybe the Ravens were on to something. It is really interesting to read this fine analysis from last November. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/chiefs/gm-report/lt-orlando-brown-jr-is-earning-a-massive-payday-with-the-kc-chiefs

Possibly the only problem is trying to convince this guy to finally realize that, yes, he was physically made to be a right tackle and might as well accept it and accept that he should be paid like one. He will eventually.  I hope it is with the Chiefs, because he really is a good "big man" for the right side, like Mitch Schwartz was. I think Veach and crew are in the early stages of a massive hunt for a truly great left tackle for 2023 and beyond.

Yea the top RT is at $19.2 a year and $18 + put him in the top 3. Like in  Dirty Harry said

I just don't see Brown accepting a move to RT. He'll likely play under the franchise tag this year but truthfully.....Veach and the Chiefs were in a bad situation when they decided to go after Brown. He's not a scrub but not great in pass pro. I think Mahomes probably made him look better than he was anyway. Would not be shocked if the Chiefs were looking for his replacement next off-season.

6 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

24 hours ago Veach was prepared to pay him somewhere in the top 10 of LTs and because of the extra years he would have been able to say he was the highest paid LT.   I don't think a day later anything has changed in how they feel about him.  Veach has openly stated he loves his potential and wants him around for the long term as a LT.   Mahomes pretty much echoed that as well.  Didn't seem like it was coach speak or being a good teammate as they went beyond that

Ball is in his court.  He signs the tag shows up to camp and keeps building on the 2nd half KC again will go thru this same song and dance difference is they will have a time to actually do something if he asking more than what Veach is willing to spend.  He holds out to long shows up late and isn't ready to go by opening day then he is probably gone and we are in the market again.  

2 hours ago, Okiechief1 said:

24 hours ago Veach was prepared to pay him somewhere in the top 10 of LTs and because of the extra years he would have been able to say he was the highest paid LT.   I don't think a day later anything has changed in how they feel about him.  Veach has openly stated he loves his potential and wants him around for the long term as a LT.   Mahomes pretty much echoed that as well.  Didn't seem like it was coach speak or being a good teammate as they went beyond that

Ball is in his court.  He signs the tag shows up to camp and keeps building on the 2nd half KC again will go thru this same song and dance difference is they will have a time to actually do something if he asking more than what Veach is willing to spend.  He holds out to long shows up late and isn't ready to go by opening day then he is probably gone and we are in the market again.  

Veach, Mahomes and Reid are like robots. They always say the perfect thing. It is the KC Way. I like it and yet  I know it is not a 100% true take on whats really going on. See Tyrek Hill. 

15 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

Veach, Mahomes and Reid are like robots. They always say the perfect thing. It is the KC Way. I like it and yet  I know it is not a 100% true take on whats really going on. See Tyrek Hill. 

Exactly, it still boggles my mind when people use reid or veach quotes as facts.

they simply say things to avoid making controversial news stories that could become distractions. Its the right thing to do 

16 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Exactly, it still boggles my mind when people use reid or veach quotes as facts.

they simply say things to avoid making controversial news stories that could become distractions. Its the right thing to do 

Yeah, they are great at it, and it works.  It contributes to the team chemistry that has been so important.  It is like having an extra player on the field.

18 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

You're right about that and as long OBJ does his part i could see it playing it out like Tyreek.  I think they do want him here just not at any costs.  They didn't go looking to trade Tyreek intially just when they couldn't pay him what he wanted.   Same thing with Brown i think they will try and work something out and if it gets to a point they can't they will trade him.   

2 hours ago, Okiechief1 said:

You're right about that and as long OBJ does his part i could see it playing it out like Tyreek.  I think they do want him here just not at any costs.  They didn't go looking to trade Tyreek intially just when they couldn't pay him what he wanted.   Same thing with Brown i think they will try and work something out and if it gets to a point they can't they will trade him.   

Agree. Its much easier to find a decent tackle than a superstar like Hill. Brown is not a superstar. Not close. 

Replying to @Jacobs71 and @AlbertBreer
Jeff Chadiha is reporting that the Chiefs are frustrated with OBJr and feel he isn't the player they traded for - ie a player willing to work with them on a deal. I'm with Veach. For him to hire an agent late, demand 25 mil/yr, and threaten to hold out - shows immaturity. THUNEY

39 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:
Replying to @Jacobs71 and @AlbertBreer
Jeff Chadiha is reporting that the Chiefs are frustrated with OBJr and feel he isn't the player they traded for - ie a player willing to work with them on a deal. I'm with Veach. For him to hire an agent late, demand 25 mil/yr, and threaten to hold out - shows immaturity. THUNEY

I'm a big fan of Chadia. 

It’s hard to swallow when you’ve seen chief greats like Kelce and Mahomes take contracts to help the franchise while still getting paid. Then a guy plays one year and WE give him the chance to play LT like he wanted, and he continues to be a selfish player. 

definitely not worth having

24 minutes ago, dhitter said:

What a putz!! Chiefs don't need guys like Brown. When getting "paid" can only mean setting the bar.....

Dude.....you are an above average tackle. That's it! Try to rape some other team.

The sad thing is that some other team WILL pay him and he'll be gone after next year if not before.  It just shows how hard it is to remain on top when a team has the superstars to win.  Not sure how a player lives better on $25 million than a mere $20 million but that's how it works.