Screw Orlando Brown

31 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Not sure how a player lives better on $25 million than a mere $20 million

For some people, their own ego or sense of self-worth is more dependent on money than on substance or actions. A lot of people in the world are like that, not just OBJ.

The only concern I have is that we never get a deal done, he leaves, and he turns into a perennial all-pro.  It's possible, but if my first paragraph applies, not likely.

6 hours ago, jetlord said:

The sad thing is that some other team WILL pay him and he'll be gone after next year if not before.  It just shows how hard it is to remain on top when a team has the superstars to win.  Not sure how a player lives better on $25 million than a mere $20 million but that's how it works. 

The offer was 23 mil a year average. 25 to 23....come in this guy will play on the tag. I would tag him again at 20 mil next year too. Let him earn the 36 mil or so instead of the possible 46 per average year. He plays this year, I still would tag and trade to get something for him.

1 hour ago, kkuenn said:

The offer was 23 mil a year average. 25 to 23....come in this guy will play on the tag. I would tag him again at 20 mil next year too. Let him earn the 36 mil or so instead of the possible 46 per average year. He plays this year, I still would tag and trade to get something for him.

The contract was actually for 19 mil a year for 5 years. The sixth year would be a 40 million cap hit and they had no intention of paying that. They just threw that in so it would look like he's the highest paid LT.

1 hour ago, THEWIZARD said:

The contract was actually for 19 mil a year for 5 years. The sixth year would be a 40 million cap hit and they had no intention of paying that. They just threw that in so it would look like he's the highest paid LT.

Was there a link to this? I only saw the 6 years 139 million and not the specifics 

41 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Was there a link to this? I only saw the 6 years 139 million and not the specifics 

I believe the wizard is correct.  Brown was getting a five year deal and the sixth was a feel good kicker.

Man, I'm tired of this stuff.  Two more days until the rookies report and a week before TC really comes to life.  We really need some new material to worry about. 

Yup really a five year contract at 19 a year. And Trent’s contract is also essentially five year 21 per year. To me him not being on Trent’s level I think that was a good offer and he turned it down. Personally I like him playing this year at 16 to see if he can improve on what he showed last year.

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

I believe the wizard is correct.  Brown was getting a five year deal and the sixth was a feel good kicker.

Man, I'm tired of this stuff.  Two more days until the rookies report and a week before TC really comes to life.  We really need some new material to worry about. 

I've got a great idea that I'm certain will work for you  Are you ready? Here it is: stop reading this thread. That's it. Waddya think?

9 hours ago, THEWIZARD said:

I feel like that was a realistic offer. Brown isn't an elite LT so doesn't deserve to be paid north of 20 million but got an offer to claim that he's an elite LT based on the averages. 

Now he has to play for 34 million over the next 2 years instead of 61 million more for the next 3 years and try to find that big deal somewhere. Better keep healthy and performing, I don't mind losing him for a 3rd in 2024.

8 hours ago, sith13 said:

I feel like that was a realistic offer. Brown isn't an elite LT so doesn't deserve to be paid north of 20 million but got an offer to claim that he's an elite LT based on the averages. 

Now he has to play for 34 million over the next 2 years instead of 61 million more for the next 3 years and try to find that big deal somewhere. Better keep healthy and performing, I don't mind losing him for a 3rd in 2024.

Agree

20 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I've got a great idea that I'm certain will work for you  Are you ready? Here it is: stop reading this thread. That's it. Waddya think?

I'll continue to read everything but just think some TC news would be welcome after all the off season rehashing of business stuff.  However, I do appreciate your learned advice. 😀  

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

I'll continue to read everything but just think some TC news would be welcome after all the off season rehashing of business stuff.  However, I do appreciate your learned advice. 😀  

:lol:.  I thought that would be pretty funny. I couldn't resist.  Anyway, I agree with you 100%.

On 7/21/2022 at 8:38 PM, jetlord said:

I'm with jet.  Offseason can suck my balls.   After the draft it's all crap.  Bring on the real football 

On 7/21/2022 at 4:08 AM, sith13 said:

I fully agree. 
I really like what Reid said. If he’s here good if not we move on. 
thuney can play LT. 

7 hours ago, jetlord said:

Yeah, but he may hold out all through training camp just to pout.  Not good for him, but not good for the Chiefs.  Ego getting in the way of common sense.

I think if he holds out it all but assures he will be dealt in the off season. Of course I predicted this a year ago. I dont see KC keeping selfish non team guys. Mahomes set the standard. Kelce is way under paid. Get onboard or get out.

I really do see OBs side of things.  This is really his one chance to cash in on a contract and he wants maximum value.  As we saw with Mitchell Schwartz, OL are one back injury away from being done in the league and he needs to capitalize.

That said, how can he NOT see that he did not live up to the standards that would earn him the contract he wanted?  I honestly do think the problem is completely and 100 percent on him and what's going on in his head.  He demanded a trade out of Baltimore because he wanted LT money.  He comes to KC, puts together a subpar regular season and an atrocious final game where he was ran all over vs the Bengals, and thinks he deserves top LT money.  He didn't have an agent until the very end of the franchise tag window, which honestly tells me that there were no agents out there that believed they could get anywhere close to his demands and told it to him like it is.  He's now in a "contract year" and missing valuable training camp time instead of honing his skills for the season in order to earn that contract that he wants.

I mean...  wouldn't any reasonable person look at their season and either be "ok, i'll take 18 mill a year over 5 or 6 years".....  or "I want to be the top paid LT in the league, but my ONE AND ONLY season as a full time LT didn't pan out the way I wanted it to, so I'm going to play on the tag and hope to earn that contract this year"?

The worst part...  I just don't want people like that on the team, personally.  There are obviously leaders on this team that are taking less money to make title runs.  That's how Belichick/Brady made it work.  If Brown doesn't want to be a part of that, I get it and he can move on.  Nothing wrong with wanting to get as much money as you can.  I just don't think this is the team for you.   

Even if he balls out and plays like a top 3 LT, I really don't want him around.  I personally think the Chiefs should just tag him the instant that they can next season and let him know he can talk to other teams about a tag and trade...  

But that's me...

11 hours ago, jetlord said:

Yeah, but he may hold out all through training camp just to pout.  Not good for him, but not good for the Chiefs.  Ego getting in the way of common sense.

Seems like either that or just bad advice.

If he isn't ready at the start of the season, Thuney can slip over there I guess without a big problem happening at guard.

2 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Seems like either that or just bad advice.

If he isn't ready at the start of the season, Thuney can slip over there I guess without a big problem happening at guard.

It's been talked about and Reid did mention Thuney as a replacement at LT, but I really don't want to see that.  Maybe for one or two games that would be the only good solution, but the Chiefs could have the best interior O-line in the league and it would be a shame to break it up.  Brown is sabotaging himself if he doesn't get in enough TC to start game one effectively.  He hurt himself by delaying and choosing a rookie agent.  His statements seem unrealistic.  Time for a wake up call. 

9 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

OBJ probably think he is gaining leverage by holding out, but its comical to me the fans and seemingly the front office are both like... whatever, lets trade you asap and move on who cares.

Funny we say the same thing about you.  We wanted to trade you to Chiefs Planet but they wouldn't go for it.