Screw Orlando Brown

25 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Not really. The entire oline was a mess. An average tackle next to Thuney and the rest of this current oline would be a different . Hey Brown has not shown he is elite. Not close. He wants elite money. Even if he suddenly becomes elite I would look for other players. Survey the situation at that time. Nobody, fans, knows who may become available or who is available. Veach/Reid will know. We shall see if Veach/Reid survey the choices next off season and keep Brown or send him packing. I trust their decisions.

Ok then leave it at that. I think every one on here  agrees with those last 2 two sentences and anything beyond this is just bill murray GIF

16 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Ok then leave it at that. I think every one on here  agrees with those last 2 two sentences and anything beyond this is just bill murray GIF

Im happy you enjoy these little GIFs so much. You never give any real insight or your personal views. Just Gif.  Maybe you are the Gifster?  Whatever gets you to your happy zone. LOL

3 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

I think you under estimate the quality of EDGE rushers on our schedule. 

Maxx Crosby & Chandler Jones (twice)

Khalil Mack & Joey Bosa (twice)

Nick Bosa & Arik Armstead

Bradley Chubb & Randy Gregory (twice)

Honestly I do not. I am aware. I just simply dont feel giving Brown a massive contract will be a good idea. If he is truly elite, to be determined, then we shall see what KC brass decides to do. Only they know the real insider info and true cap situation. Only they know what their long term plan looks like.

2 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Honestly I do not. I am aware. I just simply dont feel giving Brown a massive contract will be a good idea. If he is truly elite, to be determined, then we shall see what KC brass decides to do. Only they know the real insider info and true cap situation. Only they know what their long term plan looks like.

You said an average LT should be fine next to Thuney. I'm not saying we need to break the bank and overpay an LT but we'll need a pretty damn good one going forward and it won't be cheap.. The AFC and specifically the AFC West are loading up to get after Mahomes.  Average ain't gonna get it.

1 hour ago, AFCWEST said:

Not really. The entire oline was a mess. An average tackle next to Thuney and the rest of this current oline would be a different . Hey Brown has not shown he is elite. Not close. He wants elite money. Even if he suddenly becomes elite I would look for other players. Survey the situation at that time. Nobody, fans, knows who may become available or who is available. Veach/Reid will know. We shall see if Veach/Reid survey the choices next off season and keep Brown or send him packing. I trust their decisions.

They played Tampa during the regular season with Fisher playing and beat them.

They played them in the SB without Fisher. What happened?

9 minutes ago, THEWIZARD said:

They played Tampa during the regular season with Fisher playing and beat them.

They played them in the SB without Fisher. What happened?

The entire oline was injured. Tampa was also a better team at that time. It score wasnt close. So it was more than just the oline. Point. That was the KC  team then. The team is completely different now. So that comparison is not apples to apples. 

So if we want to look back? How about last year AFC Championship game. KC gets basically shut out in the second half and the defense cant get to the QB who was sacked 9 times the game before thus blowing a big lead. So how did that work out?

6 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

You said an average LT should be fine next to Thuney. I'm not saying we need to break the bank and overpay an LT but we'll need a pretty damn good one going forward and it won't be cheap.. The AFC and specifically the AFC West are loading up to get after Mahomes.  Average ain't gonna get it.

If they run the damned ball half the time, an enhanced rush isn't going cut it, and OBJ is much better than average at that.  Even 45% might be enough. Question is whether Mahomes (and Reid) can discipline themselves enough to do that.

10 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

Maybe not but giving elite money is no guarantee either. Chances are the guy gets the big contract and does not perform. See Frank Clark and Hitchens to name a few. 

3 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

If they run the damned ball half the time, an enhanced rush isn't going cut it, and OBJ is much better than average at that.  Even 45% might be enough. Question is whether Mahomes (and Reid) can discipline themselves enough to do that.

We KNOW that will not happen so they must plan accordingly. 

Just now, AFCWEST said:

The entire oline was injured. Tampa was also a better team at that time. It wasnt close. So it was more than just the oline. Point. That was the KC  team then. The team is completely different now. So that comparison is not apples to apples. 

The OL was a mess the first time they played them too. They still beat them with Fisher.

Apparently we were watching two different SBs. The one I watched I seen Mahomes running for his life. He completed 26 out of 49 passes for 270 yards and 2 INTS, and was sacked 3 times. They lost. The first game with Fisher playing Mahomes completed 37 out of 49 for 462 yds and 3 TDs. They won.

1 minute ago, THEWIZARD said:

The OL was a mess the first time they played them too. They still beat them with Fisher.

Apparently we were watching two different SBs. The one I watched I seen Mahomes running for his life. He completed 26 out of 49 passes for 270 yards and 2 INTS, and was sacked 3 times. They lost. The first game with Fisher playing Mahomes completed 37 out of 49 for 462 yds and 3 TDs. They won.

Yes it was all about the left tackle. LOL 

13 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

The entire oline was injured. Tampa was also a better team at that time. It score wasnt close. So it was more than just the oline. Point. That was the KC  team then. The team is completely different now. So that comparison is not apples to apples. 

So if we want to look back? How about last year AFC Championship game. KC gets basically shut out in the second half and the defense cant get to the QB who was sacked 9 times the game before thus blowing a big lead. So how did that work out?

You said it right there. They couldn't get to the QB.

4 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Ok well I have made my position clear and many may not agree. Thats what a discussion board is about. At this point I will do all a favor and STOP BEATING A DEAD HORSE. HaHaHa. 

I would say the number that don't agree is overwhelming.

1 hour ago, THEWIZARD said:

I would say the number that don't agree is overwhelming.

Yes you are correct but that means nothing. Its a discussion board. Nobody here has any influence on what will happen. Its also not important to me to be correct. This is entertainment. Its football. Its fan blabber. If it makes you feel better that your opinion is supported that is fantastic. Should be another awesome season to be a chiefs fan.

11 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Yes you are correct but that means nothing. Its a discussion board. Nobody here has any influence on what will happen. Its also not important to me to be correct. This is entertainment. Its football. Its fan blabber. If it makes you feel better that your opinion is supported that is fantastic. Should be another awesome season to be a chiefs fan.

If you don't mind a personal question:  Has Brown been hitting on your wife?  😀

The thing the OBJ haters seem to base their feelings on is that Brown didn't sign a team friendly contract after playing poorly the first half of the season at a new position.  Well, the kid is 24 years old and (many assume) got bad advice on his worth.  Imagine that.  A young adult who listened to an agent who told him what Brown wanted to hear.  He seems willing to work to improve and his teammates seem to like and respect him.  If it's all just happy talk, the staff will know it by the end of this season.  If he's better than average, the team will tag him again.  If he plays well and shows more upside, he'll get his money.  Don't hate the guy for that. 

2 hours ago, THEWIZARD said:

That superbowl was a shtt show for many reasons. Coaches and team distracted by andy reids son incident, entire o line being injured, the nfl / refs insisting on calling a flag any time brady did not complete a pass.

i dont think any conclusions can really be drawn from that superbowl 

sus af to me the last two superbowl winners just happened to be in their home stadium to fan bases that show no interest in the team, but i digress

2 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

That superbowl was a shtt show for many reasons. Coaches and team distracted by andy reids son incident, entire o line being injured, the nfl / refs insisting on calling a flag any time brady did not complete a pass.

i dont think any conclusions can really be drawn from that superbowl 

sus af to me the last two superbowl winners just happened to be in their home stadium to fan bases that show no interest in the team, but i digress

Yeah there was a lot of blame to go around but the OL was at the top IMO.

The bottom line like AFCWEST said, Tampa was the better team. 

I think that was the 1st and 2nd time the SB had  a home field advantage.

24 minutes ago, THEWIZARD said:

Yeah there was a lot of blame to go around but the OL was at the top IMO.

The bottom line like AFCWEST said, Tampa was the better team. 

I think that was the 1st and 2nd time the SB had  a home field advantage.

Yeah tampa fielded the better team that evening, but if we show up with fischer at lt, schwartz at rt, and dont forget osemele was our lg who was wrecking people before injury. No team can plan on losing 3 good lineman realistically.

in my heart from pats 1st year starting to that 2020 season i dont think the chiefs lose to any team when healthy. Last year there was obvious issues, but not those previous 3 years.

3 hours ago, jetlord said:

If you don't mind a personal question:  Has Brown been hitting on your wife?  😀

The thing the OBJ haters seem to base their feelings on is that Brown didn't sign a team friendly contract after playing poorly the first half of the season at a new position.  Well, the kid is 24 years old and (many assume) got bad advice on his worth.  Imagine that.  A young adult who listened to an agent who told him what Brown wanted to hear.  He seems willing to work to improve and his teammates seem to like and respect him.  If it's all just happy talk, the staff will know it by the end of this season.  If he's better than average, the team will tag him again.  If he plays well and shows more upside, he'll get his money.  Don't hate the guy for that. 

I dont hate Brown. Thats absurd. I hope he plays all world and KC goes 17-0 on the way to another Championship. I would never root against a KC player. I dont need to be correct. I like winning much better.