Screw Orlando Brown

1 hour ago, THEWIZARD said:

Nice to see. I am surprised they ranked us better at pass blocking than run blocking. Figured we would be perceived the other way. That’s a good group either way.

On 8/5/2022 at 6:54 PM, jetlord said:

So, assuming he plays better this season than he did last year, especially the second half of the season, would you tag him again for around $20 million and try to trade him, tag and keep, sign him long term for $22 million per, or let him walk for a probable third rounder?

Better than this year would mean a consistent solid LT so I wouldn't let him walk by any means. Tag would be a must for me in that case. I'm assuming most teams wouldn't mind giving up a 1st for a solid LT so the trade would be my first option but I wouldn't mind extending him for the mentioned numbers either. I don't think he'll accept that much though.

The worst case scenario for me, assuming he's healthy, is that he'll leave for a 3rd in 2024 after playing his second season on the tag while we fix other needs. Also if we find the LTOTF I don't mind that guy rotating for a season. 

53 minutes ago, Balto said:

Jets LT out for season…..Call and see if they will give us a 1st for Brown?

They would pretty much be forfeiting the season if they did that.

And I don't think anyone is going to give a top 5 or 10 draft pick for Brown.

If they think we have the replacements in place I would do that trade in a heartbeat but doesn't sound very realistic. Basically giving up a top 5 pick for someone who won't save the crappy season. They have been known to make meaningless moves though.

10 hours ago, jetlord said:

First Fisher and now Brown.  Would you prefer that the Chiefs play without a LT?  

I was 100% correct about Fish

Regardless how this season goes for Brown he will still want top LT money and will still not be worth it.  If the Jets would do the trade why not?  Heck throw in Hardman as well. 

2 hours ago, Balto said:

Regardless how this season goes for Brown he will still want top LT money and will still not be worth it.  If the Jets would do the trade why not?  Heck throw in Hardman as well. 

The Jets would never give up their high first and there's no good option to replace Brown for this season.  Wait until Feb. to start shopping around Brown if you're so determined to do so.  

4 hours ago, Balto said:

That might make sense for some teams but  ot a super bowl contender. We need to be fielding the best team possible and that team includes Hardman and brown. 

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

The Jets would never give up their high first and there's no good option to replace Brown for this season.  Wait until Feb. to start shopping around Brown if you're so determined to do so.  

Could see if Fish is healed and/or bring in Duane Brown for a try out.  Duane, PFF wise, had a better overall last year than OBJ /shrug.  Then use that 1st from the Jets to get our cheap LT

1 minute ago, Balto said:

Could see if Fish is healed and/or bring in Duane Brown for a try out.  Duane, PFF wise, had a better overall last year than OBJ /shrug.  Then use that 1st from the Jets to get our cheap LT

Interesting after three years of cut Fisher threads. Why not just trade Brown next year if we can’t sign him?

3 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

That might make sense for some teams but  ot a super bowl contender. We need to be fielding the best team possible and that team includes Hardman and brown. 

I'd argue that a healthy Fisher or Duane Brown could replace OBJ and Mahomes would be just fine.  I'd also argue that as a whole, our WR room is better overall than it ever has.  I think JuJu MVS and Skyy should see more passes than Hardman PLUS you gotta throw Kelce into that.  Your left with not many balls left for Hardman.

I Like Hardman, but he will more than likely chase money after this year thus trading him now max's his value.  I also really like Brown but I think its silly to make him the highest paid LT in the NFL when we can draft a replacement for pennies and get about the same if not better protection.  Can't pay everyone top position money....  Jets have cap room and major need for a LT to protect there young QB.  Makes sense for both teams

1 minute ago, DieHard said:

Interesting after three years of cut Fisher threads. Why not just trade Brown next year if we can’t sign him?

I wanted to trade Fish not cut him...He was getting paid more than his worth IMO

Yes I'd be fine with tagging and trading Brown in the offseason IF we can't get a 1st now for him.  I'd also be more than fine keeping Brown and signing him to a long term contract IF he doesn't demand to be teh highest paid LT in the NFL.

2 minutes ago, Balto said:

I wanted to trade Fish not cut him...He was getting paid more than his worth IMO

Yes I'd be fine with tagging and trading Brown in the offseason IF we can't get a 1st now for him.  I'd also be more than fine keeping Brown and signing him to a long term contract IF he doesn't demand to be teh highest paid LT in the NFL.

Not sure how it works out, but it he is a top 5 LT this year, he will be the highest paid. By someone, if not us. I would pay it if he delivers this year. I don't think you can plug and play that position with a draft pick. Remember Fisher was #1 overall and out played the others.

1 hour ago, Balto said:

Who needs Veach?  We have his replacement right here on these pages.

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

Hey Balto!

Jets Sign Pro Bowl OL Duane Brown After Mekhi Becton Injury, per Report

The Jets are signing veteran offensive tackle Duane Brown to a two-year contract worth $22 million on Thursday, ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports. Brown originally visited New York last weekend.

37 in 3 weeks. Pretty impressive he played every game the last 2 years.

43 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Yes signed a very decent LT off the street. 

he also has something in common with  Clark He's STUPID!

Brown has been a free agent on the open market since March, but hadn’t signed with anyone. In July, Brown was arrested at Los Angeles International Airport for allegedly carrying a gun in his luggage. He was charged for a misdemeanor and released on $10,000 bail.