Training Camp '22

5 minutes ago, SEMO said:

Rescind the tag.  Let him see what he gets on the open market.  I would bet that it is not near what Veach offered.

I think that'd be cutting your nose of in spite of your face..pretty expensive one year rental IMO.. can they rescind the tag? I'd be surprised if they could.

10 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I think that'd be cutting your nose of in spite of your face..pretty expensive one year rental IMO.. can they rescind the tag? I'd be surprised if they could.

Fuck him.  He is a cancer and Baltimore knew it.  I couldn't care less if he ever shows up to camp.  He is the total opposite in mindset to Pat and Kelce.

Until the tag has been signed, it can be rescinded.

44 minutes ago, NCK Chiefs Fan said:

if he has not signed it, the Chiefs do not have to pay him, if he decides  to come back say 2, 3 or 4 games into the season, do the Chiefs get to pro-rate the tag or pay all of it? 

Pro rate it

6 hours ago, SEMO said:

Fuck him.  He is a cancer and Baltimore knew it.  I couldn't care less if he ever shows up to camp.  He is the total opposite in mindset to Pat and Kelce.

Until the tag has been signed, it can be rescinded.

He has value. You don’t let him walk. Some teams may see a future HoFer. I see a guy with slow feet that plays lazy. His feet will not get faster with age, but he could learn to not plant his feet lean pushing when he is getting beat. He has top 10 potential if he doesn’t plant his damn feet. 

12 minutes ago, DieHard said:

He has value. You don’t let him walk. Some teams may see a future HoFer. I see a guy with slow feet that plays lazy. His feet will not get faster with age, but he could learn to not plant his feet lean pushing when he is getting beat. He has top 10 potential if he doesn’t plant his damn feet. 

Yep. He may be worth top 5 LT money some day, but not today. He needs to prove it, and that's not happening if he sits out. Personally I think he'll show up eventually. He'd be stupid not to.

Since they put the tag on him can he be fined for the days he's missed?

6 minutes ago, THEWIZARD said:

Yep. He may be worth top 5 LT money some day, but not today. He needs to prove it, and that's not happening if he sits out. Personally I think he'll show up eventually. He'd be stupid not to.

nope he's not under contract

11 minutes ago, THEWIZARD said:

He doesn’t have to sign it at all, but if he does in week two or something, I thought he loses nothing for missing camp, but does for missing games. But I am not sure.

Chiefs placed RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire on the active/PUP list. 

We have no real news on what his injury is at this point, but that's a headline you hate to see for a player who really would've benefitted from a good camp this season. There've been no reported injuries for Edwards-Helaire so far this offseason. Ronald Jones is Edwards-Helaire's main backup. Andy Reid should provide an update on the situation tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, NCK Chiefs Fan said:

if he has not signed it, the Chiefs do not have to pay him, if he decides  to come back say 2, 3 or 4 games into the season, do the Chiefs get to pro-rate the tag or pay all of it? 

Yes.  My understanding is that Brown will lose close to $1 million for each game he sits out.  The problem is if he shows up two days before the season not ready to play but signs the tag.  Are the Chiefs on the hook to pay him before he's reasonably ready to play?  Best thing is for the Chiefs to make peace, negotiate a deal after the season if Brown improves, or tag him again for around $20 million.  Brown would have played two years for $26 million when he could have had a long term deal with guarantees.  He's one injury from walking away empty handed. 

1 minute ago, jetlord said:

Yes.  My understanding is that Brown will lose close to $1 million for each game he sits out.  The problem is if he shows up two days before the season not ready to play but signs the tag.  Are the Chiefs on the hook to pay him before he's reasonably ready to play?  Best thing is for the Chiefs to make peace, negotiate a deal after the season if Brown improves, or tag him again for around $20 million.  Brown would have played two years for $26 million when he could have had a long term deal with guarantees.  He's one injury from walking away empty handed. 

So we are talking about Brown here instead of screw Brown Thread? Would be nice to keep this more about camp updates.

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

nope he's not under contract

Didn't think so, but I was too lazy to look it up.

Didn't someone else say they were too lazy to look up something a few years back and it got something like a gazillion posts?

1 hour ago, Troyofoc said:

My camp darling/hyped players.

Offense: Skyy Moore

Defense: Mcduffie and Joshua Williams

Deep roster: Cornel Powell.

I think the physical defensive rookies will blossom later.

Let's see what Cook can do.  The upgrade over Sorenson's play last season could be special, even for a rookie.  Will also be looking to see if Fortson can be a factor in the Chiefs new look offense. Where does Kinnard line up and is Kaindoh worth drafting last year.  

10 hours ago, NCK Chiefs Fan said:

Players earn their contracts weekly so however many weeks he misses is deducted from the tag value. The same is true for suspensions as well. 

12 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

Chiefs placed RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire on the active/PUP list. 

We have no real news on what his injury is at this point, but that's a headline you hate to see for a player who really would've benefitted from a good camp this season. There've been no reported injuries for Edwards-Helaire so far this offseason. Ronald Jones is Edwards-Helaire's main backup. Andy Reid should provide an update on the situation tomorrow. 

I hope it's just one of those minor injuries that lead to PUP to free a roster spot during camp. I doubt CEH will have much of a career in the NFL if he misses this season, very critical for him.

Chiefs signed Travis Kelce to a restructured contract.

According to the NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, the Chiefs have moved money from the back of Kelce's deal to this season. Originally set to earn a base salary of $6.5 million in 2022, Kelce remains one of the premier tight ends in the league heading into his age-33 season. The absence of Tyreek Hill will provide a boon to Kelce's already high fantasy floor. He's finished as the overall TE2 or better in PPR leagues since 2016.

Just now, AFCWEST said:

Chiefs signed Travis Kelce to a restructured contract.

According to the NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, the Chiefs have moved money from the back of Kelce's deal to this season. Originally set to earn a base salary of $6.5 million in 2022, Kelce remains one of the premier tight ends in the league heading into his age-33 season. The absence of Tyreek Hill will provide a boon to Kelce's already high fantasy floor. He's finished as the overall TE2 or better in PPR leagues since 2016.

Talk about  a team guy. I think Kelce is almost as valuable to this team as Mahomes. Amazing team first guy with very low compensation compared to critcal role on this team.