Training Camp '22

Chiefs TE Jody Fortson Leaves Training Camp Practice With Injury

The Chiefs' tight end suffered an injury during the team's Saturday morning practice.

The Kansas City Chiefs' first week of full-team training camp practice is in the books, and they got out of action on Saturday with a mostly clean bill of health. That didn't include tight end Jody Fortson, however, as he left practice early with an injury.

Per Matt McMullen, the Chiefs' senior team reporter, Fortson's injury is to his quad and an update on his status will be provided by the team on Monday (Kansas City has a day off on Sunday). Herbie Teope of The Kansas City Star adds that the 26-year-old tight end rode away and up the hill from the Chiefs' training camp practice field in the passenger seat of a cart. 

20 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Chiefs TE Jody Fortson Leaves Training Camp Practice With Injury

The Chiefs' tight end suffered an injury during the team's Saturday morning practice.

The Kansas City Chiefs' first week of full-team training camp practice is in the books, and they got out of action on Saturday with a mostly clean bill of health. That didn't include tight end Jody Fortson, however, as he left practice early with an injury.

Per Matt McMullen, the Chiefs' senior team reporter, Fortson's injury is to his quad and an update on his status will be provided by the team on Monday (Kansas City has a day off on Sunday). Herbie Teope of The Kansas City Star adds that the 26-year-old tight end rode away and up the hill from the Chiefs' training camp practice field in the passenger seat of a cart. 

Man I hope this kid can stay healthy for the full year. 

17 minutes ago, xen said:

Really really liked this kid coming out of college.  I would try and pry him loose if the price not too high.  RT only imo.

Where @Balto when u need him.  Work me up a trade willya 

this is me channeling my inner balto.... "Hardman, CEH, a 2027 3rd round pick, a 2034 11th round pick, for Jenkins and a 2023 2nd round pick"

4 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

this is me channeling my inner balto.... "Hardman, CEH, a 2027 3rd round pick, a 2034 11th round pick, for Jenkins and a 2023 2nd round pick"

Holy shit. The guy probably will go for a 4th to 6th round pick if that.

13 hours ago, xen said:

Really really liked this kid coming out of college.  I would try and pry him loose if the price not too high.  RT only imo.

Where @Balto when u need him.  Work me up a trade willya 

Interesting prospect coming out but isn't he a RT now?