Training Camp '22

14 minutes ago, THEWIZARD said:

Read he walked off on his own. So not sounding serious. 

Skyy Moore exited Chiefs practice early with a hip injury on Tuesday.

Moore appeared to be running one-on-one drills when he got tangled up with safety Nazeeh Johnson on the way to the ground. Moore came up limping after the play and did not return to the field. Twitter has been filled with highlights of Moore's performance throughout training camp, so hopefully, this is a short-term thing. We'll report back with any additional information on Moore's status, but the fact that he walked off under his own power is an encouraging sign.

33 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

@Fmbl2187 thoughts on this injury?

I watched the little video, and it sure worried me.  Later today, I read it was his hip, hopefully just a "hip pointer."  If he broke his hip, he wouldn't have been able to get up.  A groin would be bad, but it didn't look like that, the way he was walking  My one worry is that it was a torn labrum in his hip joint.  At its best, it could take weeks and weeks with steroid injections.  At its worst, it would take arthroscopic repair which would pretty much end his season.  Most people who get those have a shallow hip joint, which makes them susceptible.  If he has that, he could be out of football and looking for a different career.  Those are just the things going through my head.  Best case is just a pointer, and he will be back at practices soon.  I didn't like the way his hip looked unstable when he was being led off the field.

22 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I watched the little video, and it sure worried me.  Later today, I read it was his hip, hopefully just a "hip pointer."  If he broke his hip, he wouldn't have been able to get up.  A groin would be bad, but it didn't look like that, the way he was walking  My one worry is that it was a torn labrum in his hip joint.  At its best, it could take weeks and weeks with steroid injections.  At its worst, it would take arthroscopic repair which would pretty much end his season.  Most people who get those have a shallow hip joint, which makes them susceptible.  If he has that, he could be out of football and looking for a different career.  Those are just the things going through my head.  Best case is just a pointer, and he will be back at practices soon.  I didn't like the way his hip looked unstable when he was being led off the field.

he said in a twitter post that he his fine. we shall see. 

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2022/08/03/isiah-pacheco-chiefs-starring-role-special-teams/

When speaking with reporters from training camp at St. Joseph on Tuesday, special teams coach Dave Toub detailed his plans for several players on his core coverage units as he attempts to replace key losses this offseason—namely Marcus Kemp, Ben Niemann, Armani Watts. When it came to returner, Toub identified Pacheco as his primary returner.

Of course, the Chiefs will have others ready and waiting for the chance to serve as a returner, and the team can obviously make any changes they want, but it’s still a curious choice to zero in on Pacheco so soon.

Pacheco was the second of three seventh-round picks made by the Chiefs in this year’s draft after showing solid production at Rutgers for the last four seasons. While his stats don’t pop off the page at any level (with only 647 rushing yards and 5 touchdowns in 2021), he was the single fastest running back at the NFL Combine with a 4.37 second time in the 40-yard dash.

27 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2022/08/03/isiah-pacheco-chiefs-starring-role-special-teams/

When speaking with reporters from training camp at St. Joseph on Tuesday, special teams coach Dave Toub detailed his plans for several players on his core coverage units as he attempts to replace key losses this offseason—namely Marcus Kemp, Ben Niemann, Armani Watts. When it came to returner, Toub identified Pacheco as his primary returner.

Of course, the Chiefs will have others ready and waiting for the chance to serve as a returner, and the team can obviously make any changes they want, but it’s still a curious choice to zero in on Pacheco so soon.

Pacheco was the second of three seventh-round picks made by the Chiefs in this year’s draft after showing solid production at Rutgers for the last four seasons. While his stats don’t pop off the page at any level (with only 647 rushing yards and 5 touchdowns in 2021), he was the single fastest running back at the NFL Combine with a 4.37 second time in the 40-yard dash.

I'd think unless he's a fumble machine is speed alone will get him on STs

Historically ST coaches have a limited say in the picks but I'm pretty sure the ST capabilities would be a deciding factor among very close prospects later in the draft. Don't know if they already saw some talent in Pacheco as a ST guy or if he shined to be one during the camp but if he's a legit option he'll definitely make the team with that speed. 

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

I'd think unless he's a fumble machine is speed alone will get him on STs

He has to translate his speed into elusiveness and judgement.  That should come out during pre-season games.  It would ne nice if he could contribute at RB like McKinnon. 

Second-round rookie wide receiver Skyy Moore was back on the practice field after leaving Tuesday’s practice early with a hip injury. Following the session, head coach Andy Reid said that Moore had been the only “questionable player” for Wednesday’s practice. But reporters present for the private indoor session said Moore looked fine on the field.

Tight end Jody Fortson — who suffered a strained quad on Saturday — was not present.

MMQB's Albert Breer said seventh-round rookie RB Isiah Pacheco has been "lighting up" Chiefs camp and compared him to Kareem Hunt.

Coach Andy Reid has even come away impressed with Pacheco, saying "he's got a little juice, got some good speed." Pacheco was a four-year contributor at Rutgers and blazed a 4.37 forty at the Combine at 5'11/215. However, his explosive measurements were lacking and he didn't make many big plays in college. Kansas City's backfield is sort of wide open, with Clyde Edwards-Helaire constantly injured and lacking big-play production, Ronald Jones on a one-year deal after not getting playing time in Tampa Bay, and Jerick McKinnon back after an impressive playoff stretch. It wouldn't be crazy to see Pacheco carve out an offensive role. The preseason will be huge for him.

55 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

This is why GB let him walk.

MVS has been wide open twice on deep throws from Patrick and dropped them both..

I think Veach knew this was a risky sign so at least they have an out

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/marquez-valdes-scantling-25275/

POTENTIAL OUT: 2023, 1 YR, $9,000,000; $4,000,000 DEAD CA