Training Camp '22

13 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

Your calculator or calendar must be messed up. KC has had a long look at this guy. Gives him a chance to get a job somewhere else. ONWARD

I think he was referring to Fmbl's ignorant take on Karlaftis. He has decided that he has no burst, will primarily be used as an interior rusher, and will be beaten like a drum by half the NFL tackles. 🤣🤣

4 hours ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

In a vacuum I would love to have kareem hunt on the team from a talent standpoint, but i have no interest in giving him a new big contract at this point in his career.

I doubt Hunt would be any better than Bell in KC at this point in his career. May be he shines in a couple games but too far gone to be a consistent threat IMO.

9 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I think he was referring to Fmbl's ignorant take on Karlaftis. He has decided that he has no burst, will primarily be used as an interior rusher, and will be beaten like a drum by half the NFL tackles. 🤣🤣

It was a reference to Baker being cut.

11 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I think he was referring to Fmbl's ignorant take on Karlaftis.

Lluv you too, man.  🥰

Look -I hope Karlaftis makes my take look really ignorant.  I hope that as much as you.  But my "take" was based on things I read several days ago from knowledgeable people who have followed him closely for a long time.  I hope my post did not sound like I was declaring absolute truth. But I didn't pull it out of thin air. There have been a lot of opinions by all of us that turn out wrong. I hope mine was also on that point.  This isn't about ideology, only football. I think Jet's response to my post was just about right.

Rookie RB Isiah Pacheco is running routes from the slot in training camp.

“He’s got a little juice,” Chiefs head coach Andy Reid said of Pacheco. “The things you’re guaranteed of are that he’s going to run hard. Will he have to learn the different schemes and how they work against certain defenses and at times be patient? He’ll learn that. But he’s going to run hard. He’s a good catcher. The rest of all that, we can work with, and he’s doing that now. He’s learning the feel of it.” Pacheco has run with the first-team Kanas City offense during a training camp that has seen him catch coaches' and beat writers' attention. Pacheco, a four-year contributor at Rutgers who turned heads with a 4.37 forty at the Combine at 5'11" and 215 pounds, should secure a spot on the Chiefs' final 53-player roster because he profiles as the team's top kick returner. Pacheco's emergence could put Ronald Jones' and Jerick McKinnon's roster spots in jeopardy. 

23 hours ago, Holmes4six! said:

Kareem Hunt requesting trade and or new contract. 
I would like Veach to get him. 

seems like only yesterday that a lot of Media types thought that the Browns were the next team to strike it rich, they had drafted mayfield and signed landry and OBJ and then signed hunt to pair with Chubb. Now most of those players have left and now hunt wants out. Thank god for our FO and Reid, they know how to run a team

39 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Rookie RB Isiah Pacheco is running routes from the slot in training camp.

“He’s got a little juice,” Chiefs head coach Andy Reid said of Pacheco. “The things you’re guaranteed of are that he’s going to run hard. Will he have to learn the different schemes and how they work against certain defenses and at times be patient? He’ll learn that. But he’s going to run hard. He’s a good catcher. The rest of all that, we can work with, and he’s doing that now. He’s learning the feel of it.” Pacheco has run with the first-team Kanas City offense during a training camp that has seen him catch coaches' and beat writers' attention. Pacheco, a four-year contributor at Rutgers who turned heads with a 4.37 forty at the Combine at 5'11" and 215 pounds, should secure a spot on the Chiefs' final 53-player roster because he profiles as the team's top kick returner. Pacheco's emergence could put Ronald Jones' and Jerick McKinnon's roster spots in jeopardy. 

Wish they would use CEH for his pass catching abilities too.  I hope they run/pass more to the RB position this year. By pass I mean the short route passes in the back/ screen type. Utilize those RB for what they were drafted for. Keep the opponents honest and sustain long scoring drives while eating up time.

On 8/7/2022 at 6:52 AM, Fmbl2187 said:

C'mon, Cali.  The guy showed nothing since we picked him up, and we need the roster space.  Our experience with him has lasted a couple of years.  He played two games one year and broke his femur on a non-contact play.  Before he came to the Chiefs, he was arrested for armed robbery twice.  He is a high floor, low ceiling, high risk guy, and we have several new guys who deserve a space and have higher ceilings.  Your sarcasm is completely unwarranted. He was a first round draft choice of the Giants who is a bust.  He isn't the first.  As Chiefs fans, we sadly know about that.

Come on Bil. I was clearly not referring to Baker. 

3 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Lluv you too, man.  🥰

Look -I hope Karlaftis makes my take look really ignorant.  I hope that as much as you.  But my "take" was based on things I read several days ago from knowledgeable people who have followed him closely for a long time.  I hope my post did not sound like I was declaring absolute truth. But I didn't pull it out of thin air. There have been a lot of opinions by all of us that turn out wrong. I hope mine was also on that point.  This isn't about ideology, only football. I think Jet's response to my post was just about right.

the idea that he has a slow first step is incorrect, i invite you to go look at film.. 

Frankly, I see nothing about our rookies that concern me at all.

The things I really like:

1. Frank seemingly grew up this off season and has recommitted himself.

2. Veach brought in Dunlap

3. The Vets are working with George and constantly give him positive comments.

I can't wait to see the defense next Saturday....

w

4 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Wish they would use CEH for his pass catching abilities too.  I hope they run/pass more to the RB position this year. By pass I mean the short route passes in the back/ screen type. Utilize those RB for what they were drafted for. Keep the opponents honest and sustain long scoring drives while eating up time.

I think McKinnon will be our 3rd down guy with Pacheco backing him up. CEH and Jones might end up as the actual rushers but with our weird play calling I wouldn't be surprised with any setup. 

4 hours ago, robgar said:

the idea that he has a slow first step is incorrect, i invite you to go look at film.. 

It was probably just another puffed up CBS sportswriter trying to think of something to say about various draft picks.  I would love to see him be a fast first step guy and would like to see some video, if you can post a link.  The speed style of rusher is one who can turn his head toward the snapper before the ball is snapped and key on the first movement of the ball by the center, rather than QB cadence and other cues.  A lot of guys can't turn their head sideways without losing track of the upper body position of the blocker in front of them.  If he can turn his head without losing track of that and key on the first movement of the ball from the center, then  he could be a great first step guy.  But being a pressure guy rather than a sack guy may not look as good to CBS sportswriters but is just as good for the overall D-line pressure. So, it isn't all fast twitch muscles vs. slow built into each individual.  Learning how to use the ball motiion cue is definitely learnable.

4 hours ago, THEWIZARD said:

Don't you hate it when that happens?

I do.  I have to erase quoting myself after clicking the quote button instead of the edit button.  But I can't erase it.  I have to write something.  It gives us no way out. So I just write "duplicate post."  Kind of awkward.  No matter how many times it happens, I still do it now and then. Maybe it's my age - cognitive decline. I prefer to think it is my youth and naivete. My foolish adolescent immaturity.