Training Camp '22

17 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I do.  I have to erase quoting myself after clicking the quote button instead of the edit button.  But I can't erase it.  I have to write something.  It gives us no way out. So I just write "duplicate post."  Kind of awkward.  No matter how many times it happens, I still do it now and then. Maybe it's my age - cognitive decline. I prefer to think it is my youth and naivete. My foolish adolescent immaturity.

You can hit the horizontal bullets at the top of your post. Hit hide and it will get rid of it.

I don’t know why people think Tyreek Hill was the only reason Mahomes was good. If nothing else, I think Tyreek was limiting at times with his small size and body catching of passes. If he didn’t blow by coverage, he was able to be held in check. He is a top 5 WR in the league, but not every QB is going to hit him deep the same way Mahomes could. Time will tell, but I got to imagine Mahomes will be just fine.

35 minutes ago, Thegoatee said:

I don’t know why people think Tyreek Hill was the only reason Mahomes was good. If nothing else, I think Tyreek was limiting at times with his small size and body catching of passes. If he didn’t blow by coverage, he was able to be held in check. He is a top 5 WR in the league, but not every QB is going to hit him deep the same way Mahomes could. Time will tell, but I got to imagine Mahomes will be just fine.

can you show me who was saying this? and I just watched this video and I call BS! Those  "body Catches" that are "limiting" according to you seemed to be the only option. Click on the "watch on youtube " option

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

can you show me who was saying this? and I just watched this video and I call BS! Those  "body Catches" that are "limiting" according to you seemed to be the only option. Click on the "watch on youtube " option

I am referring to the narrative all offseason that some spout that Mahomes will struggle without Hill. ESPN talking heads and social media memes have been on that for a few months. Others rebutt it. Hill’s podcast from his own mouth implied as much too.

And I think Hill’s small size and catching style does have limitations. A lot of the tipped balls for interceptions or congested catches limit how effective Hill can be when he doesn’t get steps ahead. He just happens to get into space so often that he can run away from it all.

I am not knocking anyone, I just think the bigger WRs are going to make plays Hill couldn’t and that is going to make the WRs better for Mahomes in new ways we’ve not been able to exploit with a bunch of sub 6 foot guys.

2 hours ago, Troyofoc said:

Not sure if anyones caught Justin Rieds interviews but the guy is impressive. Comes off very like able and smart. I can definitely see him becoming a leader quickly. 

I like his attitude also. 
Looking forward to the game and seeing how we look. 
especially excited about our rookie DE CB and RB

22 hours ago, Troyofoc said:

Not sure if anyones caught Justin Rieds interviews but the guy is impressive. Comes off very like able and smart. I can definitely see him becoming a leader quickly. 

That is what the team has been saying ever since mini-camp.  I hope it turns out that way.

It's going to be an interesting year. The naysayers regarding Mahomes goes beyond losing Tyreek. When Patrick arrived he was being measured against Baker Mayfield and Deshaun Watson. Then Lamar Jackson was thrown in. Now we have Allen and Herbert and Burrow. A lot of talented young QBs to draw headlines and praise. A bevy of challengers will make Mahomes rise to the challenge or be surpassed. I trust in #15.

5 minutes ago, dhitter said:

It's going to be an interesting year. The naysayers regarding Mahomes goes beyond losing Tyreek. When Patrick arrived he was being measured against Baker Mayfield and Deshaun Watson. Then Lamar Jackson was thrown in. Now we have Allen and Herbert and Burrow. A lot of talented young QBs to draw headlines and praise. A bevy of challengers will make Mahomes rise to the challenge or be surpassed. I trust in #15.

I trust in Andy Reid getting the most out of Mahomes.

8 hours ago, dhitter said:

I remember reading a quote from him a few weeks back that said he has heard alot of what these guys have said from he will struggle without Tyreek to he is a one read QB and alot people will be eating their words.   All its done is motivate the best QB in the game to be even better.  Division won't be easy but i stil believel KC is still atop of the division and as crazy as it sounds Mahomes  still has some things left to prove and he is still the best QB in the game.