Training Camp '22

Raiders released WR Demarcus Robinson.

A June report had Robinson low in the race to be Vegas' WR3, and he played extensive action in both of Vegas' preseason games. Robinson has played over 3100 career snaps with the Chiefs, and a reunion might make sense for both parties. The 27-year-old has one game with more than 90 receiving yards in 97 appearances and is well off the fantasy radar. 

4 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

A June report had Robinson low in the race to be Vegas' WR3, and he played extensive action in both of Vegas' preseason games. Robinson has played over 3100 career snaps with the Chiefs, and a reunion might make sense for both parties. The 27-year-old has one game with more than 90 receiving yards in 97 appearances and is well off the fantasy radar. 

Someone will pick him up for cheap, but it wont be us

11 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

How in the world a reunion make sense for the Chiefs 😠

This is the group of people that think, because Hill left, we have no recievers.  The ones that have not been paying attention.. 

because well I personally think we have the best overall recieving core, we have potentially ever had. 

playing behind what appears to be a solid line.. and at running back.. we have recievers as well. 

theres no area of the field thats safe on a given play..  go two deep if you want, bring safeties up to help if you want.. 

your gonna get beat anyway. 

13 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

ted-lasso-happy.gif

15 hours ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

hmm lets see... clark hasn't beaten a decent LT in 2 years yet flys around OBJ like he isn't even there. shocking.

i guess lets hope clark has suddenly ascended to god tier mode.

You take the wrong lessons from training camp.  Individual plays don't tell you shit.  Usually guys are working on new techniques and figuring stuff out,  you know, in practice.  It's more about the overall body of work and both of those guys have looked improved so far.   That's why it didn't really matter when Mahomes was throwing all those Ints in 2018 camp.  Bet you were one of those freaking out at the time though.

1 hour ago, xen said:

You take the wrong lessons from training camp.  Individual plays don't tell you shit.  Usually guys are working on new techniques and figuring stuff out,  you know, in practice.  It's more about the overall body of work and both of those guys have looked improved so far.   That's why it didn't really matter when Mahomes was throwing all those Ints in 2018 camp.  Bet you were one of those freaking out at the time though.

This is actually correct, to be honest i just wrote that for the lols.

reality is there isn’t much to be learned from watching two average ish players go 1 on 1 in practice.

for the record i was probably the first person on earth who was screaming to start mahomes year 1 because it was obvious after 1 pre season game he was 50 times better than Alex smith. Not starting him may have cost us a superbowl chance in his first year

This thread would be so different if KC had signed Hill to that huge contract. This team would look completely different. The trade and subsequent free agent signings has created an awesome overall roster upgrade. The future looks GREAT in KC for at least the next 5 seasons. 

2 hours ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

This is actually correct, to be honest i just wrote that for the lols.

reality is there isn’t much to be learned from watching two average ish players go 1 on 1 in practice.

for the record i was probably the first person on earth who was screaming to start mahomes year 1 because it was obvious after 1 pre season game he was 50 times better than Alex smith. Not starting him may have cost us a superbowl chance in his first year

Yeah you may be right about mahomes year 1 but I do believe he accelerated his learning curve by doing it that way.

1 hour ago, azchief21 said:

Sounds like Hardman was carted off with a leg injury. Depending on the seriousness maybe Demarcus would be an option and I hope not 

Not CARTED OFF THE FIELD. He walked off the field and then he rode the cart up that hill. Big difference. .

Updating a previous item, Mecole Hardman suffered a groin injury in Chiefs practice Wednesday

Hardman sought medical attention after coming down awkwardly in practice and left on a cart. Initial reports were that Hardman appeared to injure his left leg, but after conducting initial tests the Chiefs updated the media that Hardman was dealing with a groin injury. NFL Network's James Palmer reports that the "initial thought" is that the injury is not serious, but more tests will be conducted soon.

1 hour ago, azchief21 said:

Sounds like Hardman was carted off with a leg injury. Depending on the seriousness maybe Demarcus would be an option and I hope not 

Not likely even if a current receiver goes down. KC has 6-7 guys better on the roster. 

2 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

I'm no d rob fan, but he's the 30th all time leader in Chiefs receiving yardage.  I doubt there are 7 better on the roster.  

#5 Watson #6 Fountain #7 Powell . Robinson barely received an offer as a free agent. He got min from Faiders and cut by the Faiders. Doesnt matter what he did in the past. Why would KC invest a roster spot on a guy they know has a limited future.?  

10 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

#5 Watson #6 Fountain #7 Powell . Robinson barely received an offer as a free agent. He got min from Faiders and cut by the Faiders. Doesnt matter what he did in the past. Why would KC invest a roster spot on a guy they know has a limited future.?  

If it doesn't matter what they have done in the past then how do you know he's not #1 on this current roster?  

1 minute ago, reesebobby said:

If it doesn't matter what they have done in the past then how do you know he's not #1 on this current roster?  

Im looking at what he can do in the future. We are not asking Priest to come play based on his past status. Robinson does not play special teams. So we shall see. If KC brings him back you can celebrate.

6 minutes ago, DieHard said:

Dirty Dan is the 20th leading tackler and Todd Blackledge is the 15th leading passer. I don't want them back either.

I already said I'm no D Rob fan. And neither I or the Chiefs want him back I'm guessing.  What I said is that I doubt there are 7 better on this roster and that's true.  He's played over 50% of our offensive snaps 4 out of the past 5 years.  He's averaged pretty much 400 yards a year.  His catch rate is above average.  He doesn't fumble.  I think the most frustrating thing about him is his return game.  He makes terrible decisions in that regard.  Similarly he too often has negative yards after the catch trying to do too much.  That said, I still doubt there are 7 better on this roster.  

11 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

I already said I'm no D Rob fan. And neither I or the Chiefs want him back I'm guessing.  What I said is that I doubt there are 7 better on this roster and that's true.  He's played over 50% of our offensive snaps 4 out of the past 5 years.  He's averaged pretty much 400 yards a year.  His catch rate is above average.  He doesn't fumble.  I think the most frustrating thing about him is his return game.  He makes terrible decisions in that regard.  Similarly he too often has negative yards after the catch trying to do too much.  That said, I still doubt there are 7 better on this roster.  

Good for you. I disagree.