Training Camp '22

https://sports.yahoo.com/kc-chiefs-mecole-hardman-chris-184331830.html

Don't really care about Hardman as much since I read this part:

"As for Jones, the three-time Pro Bowler left less than 15 minutes after arriving for the stretching and conditioning portion of practice. Jones also rode up the hill in the passenger seat of the cart."

4 hours ago, azchief21 said:

Sounds like Hardman was carted off with a leg injury. Depending on the seriousness maybe Demarcus would be an option and I hope not 

JuJu, MVS, Skyy, Watson, Fountain, Powell, Gordon.  Which ones would you rank Robinson ahead of especially if  Hardman comes back in a few weeks?

1 hour ago, reesebobby said:

I already said I'm no D Rob fan. And neither I or the Chiefs want him back I'm guessing.  What I said is that I doubt there are 7 better on this roster and that's true.  He's played over 50% of our offensive snaps 4 out of the past 5 years.  He's averaged pretty much 400 yards a year.  His catch rate is above average.  He doesn't fumble.  I think the most frustrating thing about him is his return game.  He makes terrible decisions in that regard.  Similarly he too often has negative yards after the catch trying to do too much.  That said, I still doubt there are 7 better on this roster.  

Naw....Robinson didn't average 400 yards a year. He was with KC 6 years and scratched 400 yards twice. Last year he didn't even hit 300 yards. Whatever he provided it is easily replaceable.

4 minutes ago, dhitter said:

Naw....Robinson didn't average 400 yards a year. He was with KC 6 years and scratched 400 yards twice. Last year he didn't even hit 300 yards. Whatever he provided it is easily replaceable.

Yep. Would he be better than Watson, Fountain or Powell? I dont think so. Gordon may be better. 

4 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Yep. Would he be better than Watson, Fountain or Powell? I dont think so. Gordon may be better. 

Watson as a near lock and Fountain is supposed to be good on ST, although he didn't play on teams in the Chicago game.  Not sure why. 

7 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

I have an interesting bet with a friend that Skyy Moore has more yards his rookie season than Robinson had his best year as a Chief (466).

2 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Exactly. So the rest of that year was not great. 

Funny thing is ....the following week he made a spectacular circus catch for a TD against the Ravens. I really thought at that point he had turned a corner and was ready to take that next step up in class.....but it never happened.

2 minutes ago, dhitter said:

Funny thing is ....the following week he made a spectacular circus catch for a TD against the Ravens. I really thought at that point he had turned a corner and was ready to take that next step up in class.....but it never happened.

Me too. Even the Chiefs must have felt the same way. He got several more years out those two games. The Raiders thought so too. LOL I guess they got all the KC secrets from him and sent him packing.

2 hours ago, jetlord said:

JuJu, MVS, Skyy, Watson, Fountain, Powell, Gordon.  Which ones would you rank Robinson ahead of especially if  Hardman comes back in a few weeks?

I put them all in front of DRobb. That's why I said I hope not. I'm hoping Hardman is back quickly. I think he's going to have a good year. But you never know w/ Andy and suddenly having a guy who he knows and knows the system.  

2 hours ago, azchief21 said:

I put them all in front of DRobb. That's why I said I hope not. I'm hoping Hardman is back quickly. I think he's going to have a good year. But you never know w/ Andy and suddenly having a guy who he knows and knows the system.  

That's fair.  Watson does have 250 yarda receiving in 4 years in the league.  And Gordon has 32 receptions since 2018. And fountain has shined. Seriously. Wtf 

1 hour ago, reesebobby said:

That's fair.  Watson does have 250 yarda receiving in 4 years in the league.  And Gordon has 32 receptions since 2018. And fountain has shined. Seriously. Wtf 

You must be forgetting all the 1st downs the guy lost because he ran backwards!  He was the offenses Ben Neiman.  Sure he did a few good things over 4 years, but the guy was a liability and I hope they do not bring him back!

A couple of years ago here in the forum I argued in favor of Robinson as a possession receiver who was generally in the right place at the right time and knew all the routes. I was an idiot. His detractors were right. He does drop the ball. He makes bad fearful decisions when defenders are barreling down on him.  He does run backwards, not ever learning that lesson.  He does hold the ball out like a loaf of bread.  He is a long-term disappointment and turnover hazard with an occasional great play thrown in. His brain is just not set right.  I was happy when he was released and would be shocked if he were brought back, because the crew we have now are all better, or will be.  Anyway, it would be a very bad look for the Chiefs to pick up the guy after making the right decision earlier. The guy should find a desperate team or another line of work.

5 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

A couple of years ago here in the forum I argued in favor of Robinson as a possession receiver who was generally in the right place at the right time and knew all the routes. I was an idiot. His detractors were right. He does drop the ball. He makes bad fearful decisions when defenders are barreling down on him.  He does run backwards, not ever learning that lesson.  He does hold the ball out like a loaf of bread.  He is a long-term disappointment and turnover hazard with an occasional great play thrown in. His brain is just not set right.  I was happy when he was released and would be shocked if he were brought back, because the crew we have now are all better, or will be.  Anyway, it would be a very bad look for the Chiefs to pick up the guy after making the right decision earlier. The guy should find a desperate team or another line of work.

Never had any issues with Robinson's exact spot on the field and the motion to catch. His issues basically start when the ball is coming his way, either a bad grab that loses a lot of momentum or a stupid move backwards that end up with negative yards after catch. Always better to let some youngster take over that roster spot and hope for some upside. 

9 hours ago, Spfdchiefsfan said:

You must be forgetting all the 1st downs the guy lost because he ran backwards!  He was the offenses Ben Neiman.  Sure he did a few good things over 4 years, but the guy was a liability and I hope they do not bring him back!

No. I didnt forget that and i actually wrote that above.  And i said i don't want him back and the chiefs don't either.  But that's different than saying Gordon and fountain are better.  They arent.   I wish they were but they just aren't. I want watson to be, but he hasn't so far.