Training Camp '22

59 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

No. I didnt forget that and i actually wrote that above.  And i said i don't want him back and the chiefs don't either.  But that's different than saying Gordon and fountain are better.  They arent.   I wish they were but they just aren't. I want watson to be, but he hasn't so far.  

Gordan is done in the NFL too.  Sucks, but the guy just doesn't have it anymore.  I'd say it's a little early on Fountain, but what I do know is we've seen what Robinson has, and they know him, if they think he is an upgrade over any of the guys we have, they would know better than any of us.  For my uneducated, white trash eye test, the dude sucks!

Just now, Spfdchiefsfan said:

Gordan is done in the NFL too.  Sucks, but the guy just doesn't have it anymore.  I'd say it's a little early on Fountain, but what I do know is we've seen what Robinson has, and they know him, if they think he is an upgrade over any of the guys we have, they would know better than any of us.  For my uneducated, white trash eye test, the dude sucks!

Fountain is 26.  Been in the league 4 years and has 2 receptions.  Not sure it is still early.  That doesn't mean Robinson is not bad.  Those are 2 separate thoughts. 

3 hours ago, sith13 said:

Never had any issues with Robinson's exact spot on the field and the motion to catch. His issues basically start when the ball is coming his way, either a bad grab that loses a lot of momentum or a stupid move backwards that end up with negative yards after catch. Always better to let some youngster take over that roster spot and hope for some upside. 

It looked to me like he just has a concentration problem.  He can't look the ball all the way into his hands on a pass in traffic, and after he catches a pass, he isn't able to make a fast enough decision on the best place to run with it.  By the time he does, it is too late. He is athletic, agile, big enough, strong enough, and fast enough physically.  He learns his routes and learns the schemes well.  He is probably a good person and may be very smart in all other ways.  He just doesn't have the intense concentration needed during that tiny instant before and after a catch and never could learn it.  It seems to be something that a player either has or doesn't.  That move backwards might also be a kind of flinch from fear of being hit.   Maybe something from early in life. It's too bad. No way to know that about a player during evaluation before a draft.

13 hours ago, reesebobby said:

That's fair.  Watson does have 250 yarda receiving in 4 years in the league.  And Gordon has 32 receptions since 2018. And fountain has shined. Seriously. Wtf 

Yep 3rd and 10. DRobb catches a ball 13 yards downfield reverses field and drops back 8 yards to make a big play. Punt. No thanks. Move on. I'll definitely take Watson & Fountain at this point. If he can't crack the top 7 in Vegas? 

7 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

Yep 3rd and 10. DRobb catches a ball 13 yards downfield reverses field and drops back 8 yards to make a big play. Punt. No thanks. Move on. I'll definitely take Watson & Fountain at this point. If he can't crack the top 7 in Vegas? 

Agreed. He doesn't offer much ST either.

18 hours ago, reesebobby said:

Fountain is 26 and has 2 career receptions. 

I mean...  Justin Watson is also 26 and only has 23 career receptions....   

What were Kurt Warner's pro stats before leading the Rams to a Superbowl?

Now, I'm not comparing Fountain to Kurt Warner by any means.  I'm just saying there are stubborn coaches out there that just refuse to play people and when they finally get the chance, they shine...

For the D-Rob "bring him back to KC" train.  I really need to understand why.  I mean, outside the top 4/5 WRs does it really even matter?  Wouldn't you rather have some young, unproven guy take some snaps for half the money?  Or wouldn't you rather wait for the training camp cuts that will almost assuredly have some better options?  I mean, this is i guess how i see it....

1.  Juju

2.  MVS

3.  Moore

4.  Hardman

5.  Watson

6.  Who really cares?

7.  Who really cares?

8.  Who really cares?

Ya'll are spending way too much time arguing about a minimum contributor to the team.  Stick with the developing young guys, or low risk/high reward guys as anyone that's not WR1-4 is gonna have similar stats regardless of their name

26 minutes ago, WichitaZRide said:

For the D-Rob "bring him back to KC" train.  I really need to understand why.  I mean, outside the top 4/5 WRs does it really even matter?  Wouldn't you rather have some young, unproven guy take some snaps for half the money?  Or wouldn't you rather wait for the training camp cuts that will almost assuredly have some better options?  I mean, this is i guess how i see it....

1.  Juju

2.  MVS

3.  Moore

4.  Hardman

5.  Watson

6.  Who really cares?

7.  Who really cares?

8.  Who really cares?

Ya'll are spending way too much time arguing about a minimum contributor to the team.  Stick with the developing young guys, or low risk/high reward guys as anyone that's not WR1-4 is gonna have similar stats regardless of their name

I really hope MVS and Moore work out.  We need at least one of them to shine bright.  

3 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

It looked to me like he just has a concentration problem.  He can't look the ball all the way into his hands on a pass in traffic, and after he catches a pass, he isn't able to make a fast enough decision on the best place to run with it.  By the time he does, it is too late. He is athletic, agile, big enough, strong enough, and fast enough physically.  He learns his routes and learns the schemes well.  He is probably a good person and may be very smart in all other ways.  He just doesn't have the intense concentration needed during that tiny instant before and after a catch and never could learn it.  It seems to be something that a player either has or doesn't.  That move backwards might also be a kind of flinch from fear of being hit.   Maybe something from early in life. It's too bad. No way to know that about a player during evaluation before a draft.

Readers Digest version: Pass on Robinson.  

INTERESTING. Buechele playing Henne sitting against Ariz.?
Replying to @pgsween
QB Shane Buechele and QB Dustin Crum ran the second and third-team offenses, servicing the first-team defense. Buechele is expected to be in after Mahomes on Saturday vs. the Washington Commanders. Crum will be the third QB up. Backup Chad Henne will get the game off.

1 hour ago, AFCWEST said:

Replying to @pgsween
QB Shane Buechele and QB Dustin Crum ran the second and third-team offenses, servicing the first-team defense. Buechele is expected to be in after Mahomes on Saturday vs. the Washington Commanders. Crum will be the third QB up. Backup Chad Henne will get the game off.

Good for him. Developing as much as possible. If he kills it in the next two games, that decision gets real hard.

14 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

Replying to @pgsween

meh

9 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Don't pee on AFC's fantasy of the Chiefs letting Henne go.

Your so fixated on this. I really dont care. I simply think Beuchele has real potential. Its not a fantasy or even a criticism. Its an observation from a fan. Hey if it makes your day to focus on  this then hurray for you. LOL

Heaven forbid anyone should bring up a discussion topic on this board. 

Bottom Line: I trust KC Mngt decisions a lot more than my observations.

1 hour ago, AFCWEST said:

Your so fixated on this. I really dont care. I simply think Beuchele has real potential. Its not a fantasy or even a criticism. Its an observation from a fan. Hey if it makes your day to focus on  this then hurray for you. LOL

Heaven forbid anyone should bring up a discussion topic on this board. 

Bottom Line: I trust KC Mngt decisions a lot more than my observations.

Bottom line is Henne is the backup.  Reid won’t go into the season, barring injury, without a vet in that role, and probably not then either.

He didn’t roll with Shumur in 2019 when Henne got hurt.  He signed Moore off the street.

Rookie Mahomes backing up AS11 in 2018 was an obvious exception to that rule, but…Mahomes.

20 minutes ago, SEMO said:

Bottom line is Henne is the backup.  Reid won’t go into the season, barring injury, without a vet in that role, and probably not then either.

He didn’t roll with Shumur in 2019 when Henne got hurt.  He signed Moore off the street.

Rookie Mahomes backing up AS11 in 2018 was an obvious exception to that rule, but…Mahomes.

You are likely correct. Nobody knows for sure.   If Reid stays with Henne its likely because he does not trust anyone else. 

1 hour ago, xen said:

Nor should he right now.  You still comfortable with "3 points Boo-shell" as the backup?  Cause I'm not.

Hard to evaluate when he is playing with back ups. He has some Gannon in him. Thats what I like. Henne is proven a career loser. So there is that.

Thats my opinion. I dont need to debate it. I dont need to be right. KC will keep Henne. I trust their decision.

I dont root against Henne. I hope he is the best in the league if he remains #2. 

1 hour ago, xen said:

Nor should he right now.  You still comfortable with "3 points Boo-shell" as the backup?  Cause I'm not.

Buechele uses his feet well enough and can run better. He knows the playbook. He can't pass very well or improvise much or throw across his chest, but if he had to play and had the one's to protect him and throw to, I think he could backup a game or two if necessary without costing us significantly. He is a reasonable #3.

31 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Buechele uses his feet well enough and can run better. He knows the playbook. He can't pass very well or improvise much or throw across his chest, but if he had to play and had the one's to protect him and throw to, I think he could backup a game or two if necessary without costing us significantly. He is a reasonable #3.

Good points. So would you roster 3 or risk losing him on waivers? 

9 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

Hard to evaluate when he is playing with back ups. He has some Gannon in him. Thats what I like. Henne is proven a career loser. So there is that.

Thats my opinion. I dont need to debate it. I dont need to be right. KC will keep Henne. I trust their decision.

I dont root against Henne. I hope he is the best in the league if he remains #2. 

He was also playing vs backups and had some guys with him that will play on Sundays, including receivers.