Training Camp '22

12 hours ago, xen said:

Nor should he right now.  You still comfortable with "3 points Boo-shell" as the backup?  Cause I'm not.

yea I saw nothing that gave me pause to think he' s ready to be a #2 anytime soon. All that talk is not worth doodlie squat

16 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

yea I saw nothing that gave me pause to think he' s ready to be a #2 anytime soon. All that talk is not worth doodlie squat

He was a UDFA for a reason.  Potential has to turn to consistent production before he's ready for primetime.  I just don't think that's gonna happen this soon.

11 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

Good points. So would you roster 3 or risk losing him on waivers? 

Risk losing him.  Let's face it, if Mahomes goes down for any extended period, we won't contend. Period.  Especially with the excruciating schedule this year.  A good older veteran can be picked up the following year in plenty of time to learn the system. Stay with Henne and roster 2.  Now watch them do the opposite, which is fine.  They know a lot more than I ever will.

17 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Risk losing him.  Let's face it, if Mahomes goes down for any extended period, we won't contend. Period.  Especially with the excruciating schedule this year.  A good older veteran can be picked up the following year in plenty of time to learn the system. Stay with Henne and roster 2.  Now watch them do the opposite, which is fine.  They know a lot more than I ever will.

I agree. If Mahomes goes down for more than a few games we are screwed anyways. I haven’t seen enough from buechelle to lose any sleep if he signs with another team. Henne has proven he can come in and not lose the game for the team, and thats what we want from our backup for 1 to 3 games in case of emergency.

If we cut buechelle im fairly confident we could re sign him in week 8 or whatever if needed without problem, but if he isn’t available it doesn’t really matter

2 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

I think KC matches up well to move a RB and Receiver to Chic. That team has suffered injuries at both positions. Maybe Jones? 

im still hoping the cardinals cut Darrell Williams and we can bring him back, or some back of similar caliber.

I hope Pacheco becomes a stud, and McKinnon is very good, but my god CEH and R Jones are bad.

If we could convince the bears to take on Ronald Jones and lets say... Daurice Fountain or something, what would you be looking for in return?

On Monday, the Kansas City Chiefs announced that they would be without six players due to injury as they take the practice field to begin the week: tight end Blake Bell (hip), defensive end Carlos Dunlap (Achilles), running back Derrick Gore (thumb), offensive lineman Lucas Niang (knee) and wide receiver JuJu Smith-Schuster (knee).

33 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

On Monday, the Kansas City Chiefs announced that they would be without six players due to injury as they take the practice field to begin the week: tight end Blake Bell (hip), defensive end Carlos Dunlap (Achilles), running back Derrick Gore (thumb), offensive lineman Lucas Niang (knee) and wide receiver JuJu Smith-Schuster (knee).

Dunlap achilles?????? Wow. The pass rush gods hate us..

1 hour ago, AFCWEST said:

yikes that sucks.

Seen where the Ravens brought in  WR Bolden Jr from the USFL  I watched him several times..he's a talent and wondered why the Chiefs didn't bring him in 

41 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

yikes that sucks.

Seen where the Ravens brought in  WR Bolden Jr from the USFL  I watched him several times..he's a talent and wondered why the Chiefs didn't bring him in 

Its amazing that there has been no noise about Dunlap other than "(achilles)" in that report, as if it's an afterthought.  Was he carted off the field?  Did he just get some soreness in it? Rupture?  Partial tear?"  It could either be a season/career ender or  only a loss of a few weeks.  Maybe he just "tweaked it" as Reid would say (or HAS one).   An achilles problem is always bad. Even an achilles tendonitis is bad.  Fortunately, Karlaftis has looked good so far.  Still don't know about Kaindoh or Herring. We really need that experienced guy like Dunlap to make it to the playoffs with the AFC West the way it is.

3 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Its amazing that there has been no noise about Dunlap other than "(achilles)" in that report, as if it's an afterthought.  Was he carted off the field?  Did he just get some soreness in it? Rupture?  Partial tear?"  It could either be a season/career ender or  only a loss of a few weeks.  Maybe he just "tweaked it" as Reid would say (or HAS one).   An achilles problem is always bad. Even an achilles tendonitis is bad.  Fortunately, Karlaftis has looked good so far.  Still don't know about Kaindoh or Herring. We really need that experienced guy like Dunlap to make it to the playoffs with the AFC West the way it is.

I hope he is alright. We really need him.We really need him.

6 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

If I had to guess, I'd say he tweaked it a little and is getting better.  Right now it's day to day and we'll just have to see how it goes.  That's how we roll. 

Chiefs can manage without Bell. Niang? I'm expecting little to nothing from him this year. If he plays in games and does well it's a bonus but seriously not counting on him. Juju needs to get healthy because the WR group is deep and he's on a 1 year prove it deal. Can't prove it if you ain't playin'. Gore? Whatever. The only one that really seems an essential piece is Dunlap.

3 hours ago, dhitter said:

Chiefs can manage without Bell. Niang? I'm expecting little to nothing from him this year. If he plays in games and does well it's a bonus but seriously not counting on him. Juju needs to get healthy because the WR group is deep and he's on a 1 year prove it deal. Can't prove it if you ain't playin'. Gore? Whatever. The only one that really seems an essential piece is Dunlap.

I agree. However, if Dunlap has an achilles issue, I hope Veech is scrubbing other rosters for a possibility. Man if we don't have a decent pass rush this year with this schedule... we're gonna be in DEEP DOOKIE.

Chiefs coach Andy Reid told reporters that JuJu Smith-Schuster (knee) has "turned the corner" and should be fine for the regular season.

Smith-Schuster hasn't practiced since last Monday, but it doesn't sound like the injury will be a real problem. New to Kansas City, Smith-Schuster should see targets in the middle of the field and is probably the favorite to lead the Chiefs wideouts in targets early in the season. His AD

3 hours ago, artsy said:

I agree. However, if Dunlap has an achilles issue, I hope Veech is scrubbing other rosters for a possibility. Man if we don't have a decent pass rush this year with this schedule... we're gonna be in DEEP DOOKIE.

Yep Kaindoh and Danna aren't going to do much. 

"Blake Bell had surgery on that hip flexor," Reid said. "He won't play. Carlos Dunlap has some inflammation in his Achilles, he won't play. It is getting better, however. (Rashad) Fenton, with a groin strain, he won't play. Derrick Gore fractured his thumb, and he won't play. Lucas Niang, we know about with the knee. Then JuJu (Smith-Schuster), JuJu is making progress." 

Reid didn't say whether Bell would go on the injured reserve (IR) list to begin the year, saying that the Chiefs will see if that needs to happen. Kansas City did put in a waiver claim on former Los Angeles Rams tight end Kendall Blanton earlier in the week, though, which makes it seem as if the need for another tight end on the roster could exist. Zack Eisen of Arrowhead Report elaborated on that possibility

I’d guess Blake Bell starts the season on IR. That would leave the Chiefs with three tight ends, none who are considered a “blocking TE.” You have to wonder if there is a move to be made to fill the void.

In regards to Dunlap and Smith-Schuster, the news is more positive than it was on Monday. Reid's confirmation that Dunlap's Achilles situation is improving provides hope that the veteran defensive end can soon be added into the fold for Kansas City. Reid is confident that Smith-Schuster should be ready to go for the beginning of the 2022 regular season.

As of the publishing of this article, the Chiefs have until 3 p.m. CST to waive two players in order to meet the NFL's required roster amount of 80 players. The Bell situation complicates that a bit if the IR is involved, and the team also currently has Niang on the physically unable to perform list. As its injured players work their way back to full strength, Kansas City will have some decisions to make.

Chiefs placed RB Derrick Gore (thumb) on injured reserve.

The designation will end Gore's season (with the Chiefs, at least) before it begins. Gore had a couple of 40-plus yard games in 2021, adding two rushing touchdowns, but the Chiefs buried him on the depth chart by signing Ronald Jones and re-signing Jerrick McKinnon. His absence unclouds the picture at running back for the Chiefs a bit. 28 in December, Gore is no lock to remain on the roster.