Fingers crossed

28 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Clark, Karlaftis, Dana, Dunlap, and Kaindoh/Herrings fighting it out for a spot.  Not ideal, but improved LB room and more speed and tackling power in the secondary should give the Chiefs a defense equal to last season with some upside.

I read an article a few days ago  mentioning Dana as a possible trade option

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

Can't see that one.  Dana is solid on setting the edge and should expect to be in the rotation on first and second downs.

Reports are out that Dunlap has a base of something in the $4 million range with the rest in incentives.  If they are classified as NLTBE, any incentives that he meets will go on the 2023 cap calculations.  So he's not as expensive as Ingram was last year, especially on a per game basis. 

3 hours ago, jetlord said:

Clark, Karlaftis, Dana, Dunlap, and Kaindoh/Herrings fighting it out for a spot.  Not ideal, but improved LB room and more speed and tackling power in the secondary should give the Chiefs a defense equal to last season with some upside.

Dunlap is a big upgrade over Ingram imo.  Good edge setter and still gets sacks instead of just pressures

On 7/28/2022 at 10:23 AM, oldtimer said:

I hope not. I like Dana and also Wharton. They just need more playing time. The both made plays last year in limited snaps. 
trade Clark instead. 

2 hours ago, Holmes4six! said:

I hope not. I like Dana and also Wharton. They just need more playing time. The both made plays last year in limited snaps. 
trade Clark instead. 

Clark may join Hitchens next off season with no offers. Nobody will deal for his 15 million salary this year.

3 hours ago, DieHard said:

Danna and Wharton are a little light in the ass for their positions, but get after it in limited snaps. DE is suddenly crowded. It will be interesting to watch who makes the cut.

Assuming five DEs, the last spot would seem to be between Kaindoh and Herring.  The other will get a PS offer. 

13 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

Clark may join Hitchens next off season with no offers. Nobody will deal for his 15 million salary this year.

I agree west. 
Maybe I’m a little out to lunch, but I really think dana and Wharton can be very good players. They remind me of Obgah. The guy Miami signed. Under the radar. 

43 minutes ago, Holmes4six! said:

I agree west. 
Maybe I’m a little out to lunch, but I really think dana and Wharton can be very good players. They remind me of Obgah. The guy Miami signed. Under the radar. 

Dana can set the edge, but I don't see much pass rush out of him.  

1 hour ago, Holmes4six! said:

I agree west. 

Imagine if we had resigned him after his 1 year stay here. Obgah would have been huge for us all these years since then.

Long interview with Frank Clark on the Chiefs' Website.

He was pretty real in his answers.  He thought "he lost a step" and he was continually dealing with stomach and GI issues.

This has caused him to "quit alcohol completely in February".  The interview seemed pretty real to me as Frank loves to talk, one question usually gets 3-4 answers.

I think we may see a "better Frank Clark" this season.

W

2 hours ago, West said:

Long interview with Frank Clark on the Chiefs' Website.

He was pretty real in his answers.  He thought "he lost a step" and he was continually dealing with stomach and GI issues.

This has caused him to "quit alcohol completely in February".  The interview seemed pretty real to me as Frank loves to talk, one question usually gets 3-4 answers.

I think we may see a "better Frank Clark" this season.

W

sure hope you're right. he needs to up his game for his own future, be it as a Chief or not