Chicago Bears Preseason Week 1

Don't care about the game or the score.  I will watch it to see the new guys and some of the players not talked about much so far.  Cook, Williams, and Karlaftis on defense.  Skyy and Kinnard on offense.  It will also be interesting to try to decipher the depth chart from who play on what level.  Lonnie Johnson, Gray, Powell, and the second team O-line.  And as a previous poster stated, No injuries. 

14 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Don't care about the game or the score.  I will watch it to see the new guys and some of the players not talked about much so far.  Cook, Williams, and Karlaftis on defense.  Skyy and Kinnard on offense.  It will also be interesting to try to decipher the depth chart from who play on what level.  Lonnie Johnson, Gray, Powell, and the second team O-line.  And as a previous poster stated, No injuries. 

wow somebody makes sense

I like the preseason, but not to see the veteran starters. I know they will start and play well and n the reg season regardless of how they play now. I like watching the young guys fight to hang onto their football dream. You get to see them (although against 2s and 3s) become the future of the team or become a name you never hear again.

1 hour ago, DieHard said:

I like the preseason, but not to see the veteran starters. I know they will start and play well and n the reg season regardless of how they play now. I like watching the young guys fight to hang onto their football dream. You get to see them (although against 2s and 3s) become the future of the team or become a name you never hear again.

With so many changes on both sides of the ball we'll likely see quite a bit of veterans as well to build some harmony. Not as much as the youngsters though which is the point of the preseason.

4 hours ago, sith13 said:

With so many changes on both sides of the ball we'll likely see quite a bit of veterans as well to build some harmony. Not as much as the youngsters though which is the point of the preseason.

I’ll be curious if they will play starters more than usual this year with only three games and all the new wide receivers.

8 hours ago, jetlord said:

I would add Pacheco to that list on offense/special teams

3 minutes ago, Balto said:

With most of the Bears receivers hurt I’m looking forward to when Veach tells Hardman to go ahead and unpack your staying in Chicago because the Bears just gave us a 2nd round pick for you.

Would love that trade but why would the Bears give up a 2nd for a guy whose top season in his career came in 3 years ago during his rookie season with 538 yards and 6 TDs having the record breaking Mahomes at QB?

I think Hardman is likely worth a 3rd day pick and anything better would be great IMO. Not sure if I would want him to leave for anything less than a 4th though, at least he knows the system and could be a 1-year "rental" type guy that may bring in that pick through FA.

I want to see who excels in STs. The end of the CB group and WR group especially. Also Kaindoh and Herring will be interesting to watch and see if they have anything, RB will be interesting as well. I think RoJo is on the hot seat (but I may thing that because I am just not a RoJo fan).

1 hour ago, sith13 said:

Would love that trade but why would the Bears give up a 2nd for a guy whose top season in his career came in 3 years ago during his rookie season with 538 yards and 6 TDs having the record breaking Mahomes at QB?

I think Hardman is likely worth a 3rd day pick and anything better would be great IMO. Not sure if I would want him to leave for anything less than a 4th though, at least he knows the system and could be a 1-year "rental" type guy that may bring in that pick through FA.

Bears GM knows that Hardman has elite skills and would be a top 5 WR if we wasn't stuck behind Hill's Shadow.....At least thats what Veach says to his old buddy who is now the Bears GM haha